What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasers handing out fake weapons

Alex28

Coach
The quote from the cops was funny - "We'll see how funny they think they are in court"

But the quote from Chas' father was better - "Why can't he get a normal job?"

Seriously...it was a piss take of the minority of Bullgog-supporting thugs and if it is taken to be any more than that it would be foolish. The cops are still pretty dark on them for the sniffer dog thing they did at the BDO - they have been waiting to get them for something :)

Go Chaser!

Nathan B

Juniors
Alex28 said:
The quote from the cops was funny - "We'll see how funny they think they are in court"

But the quote from Chas' father was better - "Why can't he get a normal job?"

Seriously...it was a piss take of the minority of Bullgog-supporting thugs and if it is taken to be any more than that it would be foolish. The cops are still pretty dark on them for the sniffer dog thing they did at the BDO - they have been waiting to get them for something :)

Go Chaser!

Why the date rape drugs?

Thomas

First Grade
Alex28 said:

I think they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

If Chas is fined he'll get what...a small $$$ fine and thats it....that is if they actually win.

The Chaser guys will get more out of this in exposure than anything else. I bet more people will be tuning into their show on Friday night than at any other time.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
HevyDevy said:
But seriously, Gunnamatta Bay, if you can't see that as being a poor error of judgement than your lines are blurred.

Hevy I hope he pleads not guilty. Lets remember he was charged with 'offensive behaviour'. Sounds simple does it not? Not really. There have been more 'sh*t fights' in our local courts over what constitutes 'offensive behaviour' than just about anything else. Lets not forget a lot of 'offensive behaviour' charges are backed up with what is usually, (snicker, snicker) referred do by our police ( NSW anyway) as the trifecta, being Assault Police and Resist Arrest. Many of these charges have been stongly contested in our democratic system of courts overseen by such notables as Magistrate Pat O'Shane and other 'enlightened' members of the judiciary. Not many of these prosecutions suceed. (and lets not forget we have an appeals system)

In this case we have a well known comedian obviously hamming it up in front of the cameras for a notorious television show. Hevy, in this case, the police have been sucked in and as they say, " the show must go on."

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Yep. It seems as if the police, and the state premier, couldn't wait to become part of the circus.

One pedantic point Gunna, I understand he was charged with 'offensive conduct', not 'offensive behaviour'. Apparently there is a difference. Unless the chaser guy dropped his dacks, in which case you are probably spot on.

j_tig

Juniors
TV Ted Ellery said:
Malcom Noad made these comments:

"Clearly (Licciardello) was trying to inflame the situation, for Lebanese supporters in particular," he said. http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,19803190-10229,00.html

Why is it necessary to implicate the issue of race? The prank was made in reference to Bulldogs crowd violence and was not an attempt to arouse anger over the current situation in Lebanon.

If anything, Noad's comments only serve to reinforce the stereotype about violent Lebanese supporters.
maybe someone who was there or knew someone who was there may have more information about this? everything i have heard indicates that there weas no mention of race before noad came out and said this!

Paullyboy

Coach
Thomas said:
I think they'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

If Chas is fined he'll get what...a small $$$ fine and thats it....that is if they actually win.

The Chaser guys will get more out of this in exposure than anything else. I bet more people will be tuning into their show on Friday night than at any other time.

Exactly. Chaser are masters at publicity stunts like this. Im sure anyone with an email account and a mate who likes to forward on internet jokes received the one where Taylor did and Sunrise teamed up for that skit where he bagged his 'girlfriend'.

I cant wait to see this weeks episdoe, it'll be a cracker as always I bet.

number8

Juniors
Not a big fan of "PC". Love the Chaser. It's funny because of this type of thing. everyone is a target with that show. They don't just pick on Bulldogs fans....... They give to everybody!

roosters06

Juniors
j_tig said:
maybe someone who was there or knew someone who was there may have more information about this? everything i have heard indicates that there weas no mention of race before noad came out and said this!

If it turns out that Noad was the one who first brought up the race issue - perhaps he should be charged under the Federal Government's new terrorism laws - thats akin to promoting racial violence. Nobody else saw it as a racial slur - only the extra sensitive bulldogs chief.

Nathan B

Juniors
roosters06 said:
If it turns out that Noad was the one who first brought up the race issue - perhaps he should be charged under the Federal Government's new terrorism laws - thats akin to promoting racial violence. Nobody else saw it as a racial slur - only the extra sensitive bulldogs chief.

1) Noad said it 'bordered' on racism.

2) How do you explain the date rape drugs?

bulldog

Bench
roosters06 said:

So Noad was promoting racial violence then? What are you on?

Paullyboy

Coach
I saw a picture in the paper where they had all the fake weapons and in the pictuer was some fake boxes of Rohypnol (not sure if thats the spelling). This could have easily just been added their by the paper, but it also wouldnt surprise me if the Chaser had them in the first place.

For anyone who doesnt understand the rape reference, you might want to have your memory tested. Oh thats right, we are to believe nothing happened so you were correct all along :lol:

Nathan B

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
Do you have a source or any evidence that date rape drugs were used by the chaser?

He had fake rohypnol packets. I first saw it on the news, and you can see the packets in the photo...

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/07/15/1152637916434.html

There's no mention of the rohypnol packets in the article, and I didn't find a mention in the quick search I did. Surprising, IMO, because that's the only thing I find offensive about it.

I can only think that it's a shot at our large lebanese supporter base (and I hope that there's an obvious explanation I'm missing). If so, then I think that, by suggesting that it only borders on racism, Malcolm Noad is being quite restrained.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nathan B said:
I can only think that it's a shot at our large lebanese supporter base (and I hope that there's an obvious explanation I'm missing). If so, then I think that, by suggesting that it only borders on racism, Malcolm Noad is being quite restrained.
It could be a reference to the Coffs allegations. But do you really want to go there? We'd be drawing long bows with whatever assumption we make.

Nathan B

Juniors
Willow said:
It could be a reference to the Coffs allegations. But do you really want to go there? We'd be drawing long bows with whatever assumption we make.

Well, I think that the Coffs reference is a longer bow, but...yeah, I'm happy not to go anywhere.

j_tig

Juniors
Nathan B said:
1) Noad said it 'bordered' on racism.

2) How do you explain the date rape drugs?
1) how does it border on racism? they basically accussed all dogs fans of being thugs and it is only other peoples assumptions / biases / stereotypes that implies to some people that only dogs fans of a certain racial background are violent
2) the date rape drugs would be referencing coffs harbour? once again how is this racial?

Latest posts