What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasers handing out fake weapons

its so amusing the people who form their opinions on this matter based on misconceptions and misinformation. Then they become so stubborn with these falsified opinions that they cannot see the other side of situation.

This is all a social commentry on how australians view certain aspects of our society. "The bulldog supporter" as a stereotype is a certain facet of our society. Most australians have an opinion of this stereotype. The chaser is merely playing up to that image. This is comedy people, whether you find it funny or not is irrelevant. The day we start censoring this type of comedy because some people interpret it as a personal attack on a minority group will be a dark day for our society.

some of you think its great that this guy was arrested. part of that group feel this way because he might have incited violence. Perhaps these violent people who would be retaliating to plastic toys should start thinking with their heads before acting with the fists.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
eeelectroshooting? said:
some of you think its great that this guy was arrested. part of that group feel this way because he might have incited violence. Perhaps these violent people who would be retaliating to plastic toys should start thinking with their heads before acting with the fists.

Yep hit the nail on the head eeelectroshooting.

j_tig

Juniors
eeelectroshooting? said:
:clap: exactly

choc_soldier

Coach
What happened on Friday night is true to the form of the show - they like pushing the envelope. Their strong suit is satire - taking the piss out of every day events.

If it was real weaponry, then it's an irresponsible act. But they were replicas, which can not cause any real harm.

I'm not trying to defend the guys, but perhaps this story has been blown out of proportions.

Malcom Noad made these comments:
http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,19803190-10229,00.html
"Clearly (Licciardello) was trying to inflame the situation, for Lebanese supporters in particular," he said. http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,19803190-10229,00.html

Why is it necessary to implicate the issue of race? The prank was made in reference to Bulldogs crowd violence and was not an attempt to arouse anger over the current situation in Lebanon.

If anything, Noad's comments only serve to reinforce the stereotype about violent Lebanese supporters.

Michaelson

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
I heard he was there posing as a police officer but what he did is even worse!

Probably a good thing he got arrested cos I'd hate to think what woulda happened to him if Doggies supporters had got their hands on him!

Brilliant! This post far exceeds the Chaser skit for satirical value.

Thomas

First Grade
HAHAHAHA

I pissed myself laughing when I heard that Chas had been arrested.

Can't wait to see the outcome of the court case.

Some people just don't have a sense of humour....

Chaser is easily the best show on Australian TV.

God-King Dean

Immortal
TV Ted Ellery said:
If anything, Noad's comments only serve to reinforce the stereotype about violent Lebanese supporters.

True.

But it's obvious as hell it is directed at Lebanese Dogs supporters.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is either stupid or trying to hide something.

hrundi99

First Grade
Immortal said:
True.

:crazy:

HevyDevy

Coach
Moffo said:
i saw him last night!

idiot, the crowd were laughing though

They were laughing because they already had real ones.

But seriously, Gunnamatta Bay, if you can't see that as being a poor error of judgement than your lines are blurred.

RainMan

Juniors
parra_panther said:
What happened on Friday night is true to the form of the show - they like pushing the envelope. Their strong suit is satire - taking the piss out of every day events.

True. I remember when they released a headline in their newspaper along the lines of "Sydney Tower climbs 2 places in World's Tallest Building's top 10!" This was just after 9/11. There was uproar over this as well.

It was funny and what can the police charge him with - selling without a licence?? - who complained - 4 people out of 19,000 - iemma is only worried about minorities and the police are a waste of time

Immortal said:
True.

Who cares it was funny :) :) :) lighten up - these "people" should laugh along with it. Unbelievable as what next German's wanting war movies/documentaries banned as it is insulting to Germans etc etc

Pathetic reaction from useless iemma and so called police

Paullyboy

Coach
RainMan said:
True. I remember when they released a headline in their newspaper along the lines of "Sydney Tower climbs 2 places in World's Tallest Building's top 10!" This was just after 9/11. There was uproar over this as well.

:lol: :lol:

Oh that's brilliant. I freaking love Chaser. If only it wasnt on a Friday night!

I cant believe you guys got offended by it, deadset grow up you sooks, learn how to have a laugh at yourself. If they did this at a soccer game you'd all think it was funny, but because it happens in our sport you get all up-tight and pissy.

mr_sharks

Juniors
f**king hell, a lot of comment there. I guess the one common idea is that if rape was mentioned it really did go too far.
As far as I am concerned the only reason why Bulldogs fans were offended is because they were only offered fake knives.

Red Bear

Referee
"This is clearly as big an issue as the crises in lebanon and im glad to see the media has treated it this way" - Chris Taylor on the controversy

Latest posts