What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chasers handing out fake weapons

Nathan B

Juniors
j_tig said:
1) how does it border on racism? they basically accussed all dogs fans of being thugs and it is only other peoples assumptions / biases / stereotypes that implies to some people that only dogs fans of a certain racial background are violent
2) the date rape drugs would be referencing coffs harbour? once again how is this racial?

Why would the date rape drugs be in reference to Coffs? Some Bulldogs players were accused of rape at the beginning of 2004. What has that got to do with the sterotypical Bulldogs fan in mid 2006? As I've said, it's a much shorter bow to link date rape drugs to lebanese people and lebanese people to Dogs fans. Much shorter, and quite offensive really. I guess the main point is that, regardless of what the drugs were in reference to, you'd have to agree that the lebanese Dogs supporters could easily have thought it was a shot at them.

Anyway...now I'm really not going anywhere else.

j_tig

Juniors
Nathan B said:
Why would the date rape drugs be in reference to Coffs? Some Bulldogs players were accused of rape at the beginning of 2004. What has that got to do with the sterotypical Bulldogs fan in mid 2006? As I've said, it's a much shorter bow to link date rape drugs to lebanese people and lebanese people to Dogs fans. Much shorter, and quite offensive really. I guess the main point is that, regardless of what the drugs were in reference to, you'd have to agree that the lebanese Dogs supporters could easily have thought it was a shot at them.

sorry mate meant to say could be referencing coffs. until we read about the court case or see this on the show its all speculation. in all honesty i ddint even think of linking the drugs to lebanese people. the first anyone heard about the racial links was when noad came out and brought it up

nqboy

First Grade
Have some lebbos been accused of using date rape drugs? I'm not aware of it and took the packets of Rape to be a reference to what didn't happen at Coffs.

Balmain_Boy

Nathan B said:

Personally I didn't even THINK of the rape tablets referring to Lebanese people.I don't think it it's a shorter bow than Coffs by any stretch of the imagination.

Razor

Coach
Personally I didn't even THINK of the rape tablets referring to Lebanese people.

Me either. No idea how anyone can get that connection - racist maybe? Considering a much higher percentage of white people get charged with rape than Lebanese, no idea how anyone can get that connection.

nqboy

First Grade
Razor said:
Me either. No idea how anyone can get that connection - racist maybe? Considering a much higher percentage of white people get charged with rape than Lebanese, no idea how anyone can get that connection.
Per capita percentages would be a better measure. My gut feeling is aboriginal men would probably lead this measure but the use of date rape drugs (excluding alcohol) for them would be negligible.

Red Bear

Referee
Who else had the pleasure of watching the chaser this evening? The bulldogs stuff was completely hilarious, as was the entire show
:clap::clap::clap::clap: to the chaser, reafirming itself as the best show on TV by a long long way

rugged

Juniors
I thought it must have been in relation to the Coffs "incident" too.

Though I am from Brisbane, so don't know much about the Lebanese population.

Rexxy

Coach
0neye said:
I hope Chasers do some Doodie stuff ;()

They did some pee stuff.

There has never been a comdey show, or a dinner party for that matter, that didn't benefit from a bit of urine being splashed around.

Choice.

Knightmare

Coach
Big League took the PC line this week by deeming the incident "Unfunny". Unfortunately for them, the clear majority could see the humour in it.

fourplay

Juniors
The show is going downhill fast.

The segment with the animals wasn't funny at all. Just extremely distasteful and disrespectful to people who fight for a just cause.

ledzep

Bench
fourplay said:
The show is going downhill fast.

The segment with the animals wasn't funny at all. Just extremely distasteful and disrespectful to people who fight for a just cause.
this always happens with the chaser
by the end of the series, it gets pretty sh*t

good to see them question the premier about killing off comedy

and did anyone else nod their head and agree with the clip they played of allan jones about the lebanon/israel thing

Rexxy

Coach
Wristy McSlashalot said:
Are you gonna go see Radio Birdman on this tour

Yeah. Woudn't miss it for anything. Got their new album. Sounds fantastic.

I also read somewhere their lead singer has been going to St george games since the early 60s...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Nathan B said:

Well you see, it was Noad who made the Lebanese connection thereby escalating the joke beyond humour. Jokes are jokes Nathan... you can take them anyway you like, but I don't take this one seriously.

So how did Noad become serious enough to draw such conclusions? There's no reports of the Chaser guy wandering around Jubilee Avenue saying its all about Lebanese people. Noad created his own response based on his own assumptions. We can but imagine how he reached his conclusions.

This reminds me of an episode from the TV show 'Becker' where Becker is accused of being racist by oversensitive types. Becker is not a racist, he's more like a crabby cynic. He maintains that the people who have issues are simply being way too PC. His eventually turns the tables on his accusers and exposes their own PC generalisations as being insidiously racist... perhaps the worst kind of racism.

0neye

That show is cool , that part where people in the supper market where eating pooo was funny ;(0)

salivor

First Grade
Willow said:
This reminds me of an episode from the TV show 'Becker' where Becker is accused of being racist by oversensitive types. Becker is not a racist, he's more like a crabby cynic. He maintains that the people who have issues are simply being way too PC. His eventually turns the tables on his accusers and exposes their own PC generalisations as being insidiously racist... perhaps the worst kind of racism.

What is really disturbing is that you actually watched an episode of Becker.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
salivor said:
What is really disturbing is that you actually watched an episode of Becker.
Each to their own sal. I don't have goes at you for watching The Wiggles.

G

gorilla

Moffo said:
0,10114,5187287,00.jpg

He's a fake - his eyebrows have a gap in the middle.