What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead

slaytera

Juniors
It's very sad. I always wanted to see him in TNA. That won't happen now.
Imagine AJ v Benoit or Samoa Joe v Benoit.

Big Pete

Referee
Having thought about it for the past couple of hours I think it's in the best interest right now the board celebrates the career of Chris Benoit.

Growing up I discovered Professional Wrestling at age nine thanks to WCW/NWO Revenge. I watched my first ever wrestling event in 1999, the show wasn't too memorable but I remembered two wrestlers from that show, Eddie Gurrero (who made his return) and Chris Benoit (who had a good match against Disco Inferno). I remember watching Benoit and his character on TV came accross as inspiration. He wasn't unstoppable like Goldberg was (my favorite wrestler at the time) but didn't he bust his ass in every single match. The man just demanded respect and the fans were more than happy to give it to him.

He left wCw havng finally won World Heavyweight Title gold (unofficially). I wasn't a fan of the WWE back in 2000, largely due to the fact that my cable provider only showed delayed coverage, and by delayed coverage I'm talking about a month behind.

However after falling off the wrestling bandwagon in 2003 (one of the worst years of wrestling IMO), Chris Benoit really brought me back into it. Watching him and Eddie Guerrero celebrate Benoits victory will always be remembered as one of the best moments IMO of Professional Wrestling.

Benoit was a class wrestler who's name will reign alongside the Bret Harts and the Kurt Angles, he should be remembered for his wrestling career. In that hope I hope as a board we can unite and remember Benoit for all he offered to Pro Wrestling.

Fiddy

Juniors
Just thought i might also say:

WWE.com has now additionally removed the Tribute video about benoit from raw from the site & also removed the WM20 video of benoit winning the title and hugging his son.

gg.

Stonecutter

First Grade
I found out at school.

Very depressing and I hope to god that he didn't really do it.

R.I.P The Rabid Wolverine :(

Once Dead

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
http://www.gerweck.net/news/1182835541.shtml

According to the Fayette County Police Department, the placement of the bodies in the Benoit residence went like this:

Chris Benoit - Weight room (killed on Mon.)
Nancy - Living room (killed on Sat.)
Daniel - His bedroom (killed on Sun.)

He returned home prior to Vengeance due to what was stated as a family emergency. If only they knew what was going to eventuate. If only.

Hurriflatch

Referee
not sure where I read it and it may have already been posted but one report said that the "family emergancy" was that his wife and son were coughing up blood

so it's quite possible that his wife and son died due to this and he came home realised they were both dead and topped himself

Once Dead

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
not sure where I read it and it may have already been posted but one report said that the "family emergancy" was that his wife and son were coughing up blood

so it's quite possible that his wife and son died due to this and he came home realised they were both dead and topped himself

It just gets more unbelievable by the minute.....we will probably never know the truth....

Parra_Eels

Bench
Hurriflatches scenario is what I am praying for. All I want to happen is to find out that Benoit didn't do anything, that his family had died earlier and he was so depressed that he took his own life, it would be catasrohpic if he did anything to them.

Parra_Eels said:
Hurriflatches scenario is what I am praying for. All I want to happen is to find out that Benoit didn't do anything, that his family had died earlier and he was so depressed that he took his own life, it would be catasrohpic if he did anything to them.

It's no secret him and Eddie were good friends, and it could be the case that Eddie's passing was still holding him down, that along with the family dying you would think he is under great stress, I just hope he didn't do anything wrong.

osg

Juniors
Absolutely gutted, the two hardest working, most entertaining, most techinally correct wrestlers to grace this earth gone within 2 years of one another........... i hope Dean Malenko has a big support network, as he is gonna need it now.

The circumstances surrounding Chris and his families death is just as gutting. The reports coming out of US media outlets is indeed a double murder suicide. Very very bizarre, sad and confusing circumstances.

RIP Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

Ridders

Coach
Absolutely shattered, didn't believe it when i first heard it.

could just been an armed robbery gone ugly although i haven't read to much on the facts. either way its tragic. surely this means the end of the whole Vinnie Mac storyline

Parra_Eels

Bench
Yeah apparently Vince appears at the start of RAW in the empty arena and says something about his angle being canned. Hard to imagine that Malenko, Rey and Jericho are the only ones left out of that group.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Im shattered as well i wouldn't couldn't believe it well i first found out on Myspace and that isn't the most reliable source but i then went onto this online wrestling game and it was true. Benoit was such a good person and wrestler and will be sorely missed by us all.

R.I.P Benoit and i hope your not found as the murderer.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
I only just got up and online but wow.

I remember on saturday night (my time), Sunday Morning (your time) reading Benoit wont be at the PPV most likely as he had to return home.

Without being crude, and being realistic, then I think all these reports are true. None of us really know Benoit, and can say what type of person he was.

Regardless I really liked him, and what another tragedy for Benoit. Not really an issue but I also feel for Bret Hart, - Literally all his closest WWF friends have now passed.

Good to see Vince cover the angle properly with the reality.

salivor

First Grade
Big Pete said:
Having thought about it for the past couple of hours I think it's in the best interest right now the board celebrates the career of Chris Benoit.

Growing up I discovered Professional Wrestling at age nine thanks to WCW/NWO Revenge. I watched my first ever wrestling event in 1999, the show wasn't too memorable but I remembered two wrestlers from that show, Eddie Gurrero (who made his return) and Chris Benoit (who had a good match against Disco Inferno). I remember watching Benoit and his character on TV came accross as inspiration. He wasn't unstoppable like Goldberg was (my favorite wrestler at the time) but didn't he bust his ass in every single match. The man just demanded respect and the fans were more than happy to give it to him.

He left wCw havng finally won World Heavyweight Title gold (unofficially). I wasn't a fan of the WWE back in 2000, largely due to the fact that my cable provider only showed delayed coverage, and by delayed coverage I'm talking about a month behind.

However after falling off the wrestling bandwagon in 2003 (one of the worst years of wrestling IMO), Chris Benoit really brought me back into it. Watching him and Eddie Guerrero celebrate Benoits victory will always be remembered as one of the best moments IMO of Professional Wrestling.

Benoit was a class wrestler who's name will reign alongside the Bret Harts and the Kurt Angles, he should be remembered for his wrestling career. In that hope I hope as a board we can unite and remember Benoit for all he offered to Pro Wrestling.

Yeah, celebrate the life of a bloke who murdered his wife and son and then topped himself. That's be about as tacky as it gets for an already tacky industry.

Big Tim

First Grade
salivor said:
Yeah, celebrate the life of a bloke who murdered his wife and son and then topped himself. That's be about as tacky as it gets for an already tacky industry.

That has not been proven yet.

We will cross that bridge if/when it comes up.

Big Pete

Referee
salivor said:

Way to miss my point completely. :roll:

His career, who knows whats really gone on.

Latest posts