What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chris Houston cleared of drug charges

Alex28

Coach
As I was talking about there consumption and use, I didn't split who was dealing and using in my post that you decided to level at.
What are you doing here - you can't even f**king read into something.
I suggested we inherited our drug dealing/supply culture from another club. You in turn had nothing to come back with besides users in the clubs past. Two different things.

Saying the Knights has a drug dealing/supply culture because two players have been caught could be just as easily be linked to the Dragons. We have no idea how long they have been dealing/supplying for. Maybe they just never got caught at the Dragons?

I'd suggest when you don't have the answers to respond in the future you just shut up.

God-King Dean

Immortal
enviromental-head-in-the-sand.jpg

Alex28

Coach
No head in the sand here. Do you know for sure how long they have allegedly been dealing or supplying?

I can't say for sure whether we have problems within the club or not. Maybe it was two housemates who thought they could make some easy dollars. I don't know anybody can answer that question right now...

jc155776

Coach
The criticism of how the Knights is run coming from a Sharks fan is f***ing rich.
Please enlighten us.

Since our problems, (although consensual group sex isn't in the same league as your boys) we have had a complete board clean out and started fresh.

The same should be done for the Knights.

Your board and club had their head in the sand about Joey for years, and now this, and two players is not the end either.

Special K

Coach
Best of luck for the Knights. I hope you don't have to suffer a year like we did!

Wonder how long till he signs with the Titans?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Alex, which clubs did Robbie O'Davis, Adam MacDougall and Andrew Johns hail from?

It sure as hell wasn't St George Illawarra.

Timmah

Staff member
Please enlighten us.

Since our problems, (although consensual group sex isn't in the same league as your boys) we have had a complete board clean out and started fresh.

The same should be done for the Knights.

Your board and club had their head in the sand about Joey for years, and now this, and two players is not the end either.

:? Your problems involved your CEO being directly involved in a whole raft of issues. Burraston has done little wrong and these drug allegations are not the problem or responsibility of the club itself, get a clue.

Weels

Juniors
This just doesn't look right to me. :-k
When Wicks was arrested Houston was the police's star witness. :blahb:
How do you go from star witness to star accomplice?. :iwstupid:

The bloke has a Bachelor of Education, he's not stupid. Once Wicks was arrested he would know he is next cab of the rank if he was mixed up in this.
Yet he just carried on as if he didn't have a care in the world.
As I've already said he is not that stupid.

Dutchy

Immortal
This just doesn't look right to me. :-k
When Wicks was arrested Houston was the police's star witness. :blahb:
How do you go from star witness to star accomplice?. :iwstupid:

The bloke has a Bachelor of Education, he's not stupid. Once Wicks was arrested he would know he is next cab of the rank if he was mixed up in this.
Yet he just carried on as if he didn't have a care in the world.
As I've already said he is not that stupid.

A radio interview with one of the top cops involved this morning said that Houston was on the list that Wicks wasn't allowed to contact. At the time the release was that it was because he was a witness, covered up by police while they looked into obtaining further evidence to nail Houston.

Makes sense to me.

jc155776

Coach
:? Your problems involved your CEO being directly involved in a whole raft of issues. Burraston has done little wrong and these drug allegations are not the problem or responsibility of the club itself, get a clue.

And our CEO was immediately sacked.

Do you REALLY believe that these guys were 100% oblivious? If they were fair dinkum then Houston, who A LOT of people knew was in BIG TROUBLE would have already been stood down.

And even if they had no idea, then they should take responsbility for being so incompetant not to have known.

More will be coming out, more then what your little naive mind knows. Keep thinking the world is all about innocence and roses Tim Tam.

Timmah

Staff member
And our CEO was immediately sacked.
For incidents he was directly involved in, are you thick?

Do you REALLY believe that these guys were 100% oblivious? If they were fair dinkum then Houston, who A LOT of people knew was in BIG TROUBLE would have already been stood down.
Peddle your conspiracy theories elsewhere. Clubs and CEO's hands are normally tied when there is an official police investigation taking place.
And even if they had no idea, then they should take responsbility for being so incompetant not to have known.
Incompetent? The Knights have a very stringent drug-testing policy. While they do have a responsibility as to the welfare of their players, they don't have a duty of care extending to searching players homes or cars or anything for drugs. Get a grip.
More will be coming out, more then what your little naive mind knows. Keep thinking the world is all about innocence and roses Tim Tam.
Naive? :lol: You're trying to use a drug-ring investigation by police as an excuse to bash the administrators of a club you dislike. There's nothing more to it :lol:

johns_reds

First Grade
I'm amused by the lack of "innocent till proven guilty" posts in this thread.

lol, he was a former housemate of danny wicks, from my understanding danny was pretty guilty caught on tape etc. - he has probably rolled on his mate Houston so he can lower his sentence, he'll probably give all the information the court needs to find Houston guilty as well.

Coaster

Bench
If you want to know why the DT run negative stories, just look at this thread.

Some posters on here just love the drama, like a pack of old women bickering.

Coaster

Bench
The DT have nothing to do with this story, but after reading the comments here, they seem to know there target audience

Alex28

Coach
Alex, which clubs did Robbie O'Davis, Adam MacDougall and Andrew Johns hail from?

It sure as hell wasn't St George Illawarra.
When did they deal drugs?

Again...not talking about taking. We're talking about dealing.

Knightmare

Coach
You also have to remember that the "drugs" O'Davis and Macdougall used had been (until very recently) legal in the game, they were uninformed of the rule change and subsequently caught out after a match against the Sharks in '98.

As for Joey- well his "scandalous" offence was taking a recreational drug that is far more common in general society than some on here probably think. Not everybody you see at music festivals and clubs are THAT happy of their own accord...

nqcowboy87

Bench
as houston was wicks housemate, it doesnt look good unless theres more to this story, i mean how could he not know.

theres been many a player that has used recreational drugs in all codes(matt seers, andrew johns, wendel sailor, mitchell sargent, robbie fowler a host of nfl players) but very few actually deal, as far as just taking them without the intent to seel that is the lesser of two evils

Latest posts