What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas Mafia

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Crazy day.

The prob with the Darth Vader argument is that Vader was never the main character, it was never his story. He was always the antagonist/villain who provided an obstacle for the protagonist to overcome.

With Jack, Grinch, Scrooge, while the initial impression is them being villains, it's their journey the reader/viewer follows from start to finish. It's their own inner conflict they gave to overcome.

Rubbish. The entire 6 movies are about him. Its the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Rubbish. The entire 6 movies are about him. Its the rise, fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

The original three were not even remotely about Darth Vader, who was considerably more style than substance until his limp-wristed redemption. The prequels were most definitely about Vader, but they were also f**king awful.

George Lucas retroactively making Anakin 'I'm an unlikeable pole-smoking piece of shit' Skywalker the 'hero' doesn't change the fact that the protagonist(s) of the original films were undoubtedly the Rebels lead by Luke, Leia, and Han Solo.

f**k, Star Wars is shit.

-----

Day Two​

They voted to kill the woman in the red and white, but Gay Perry wasn't going to let her go down like that.

He threw himself in front of the bullet.

His final look was one of immense disdain for the sheer stupidity of their decision.

Gay Perry is dead. He was Gay Perry, Christmas Aligned Gay Detective

tumblr_mjrt9xLgIj1qg0vi9o3_r1_250.gif

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The thing about Star Wars is that the movies started at episode 4. The prequel movies were marketed as if all about Darth Vader because of the effect the first three films had on his pop culture status, not because the story was his.

Misanthrope

Staff member
If anybody ever tells me Darth Vader was an "awesome villain" again, I will punch them in the throat.

He looked cool and had a cool voice. He was all stereotypes and ominous music otherwise.

The original three were not even remotely about Darth Vader, who was considerably more style than substance until his limp-wristed redemption. The prequels were most definitely about Vader, but they were also f**king awful.

George Lucas retroactively making Anakin 'I'm an unlikeable pole-smoking piece of shit' Skywalker the 'hero' doesn't change the fact that the protagonist(s) of the original films were undoubtedly the Rebels lead by Luke, Leia, and Han Solo.

f**k, Star Wars is shit.

-----

Day Two​

They voted to kill the woman in the red and white, but Gay Perry wasn't going to let her go down like that.

He threw himself in front of the bullet.

His final look was one of immense disdain for the sheer stupidity of their decision.

Gay Perry is dead. He was Gay Perry, Christmas Aligned Gay Detective

tumblr_mjrt9xLgIj1qg0vi9o3_r1_250.gif

Dan Hunt is in this game?

Misanthrope

Staff member
Night Two Update

Santa Claus slumped into the La-Z-Boy and threw his boots up on the table, snatching up a handful of cookies with one hand and a glass of ice cold milk with the other.

After sating his hunger, he unfurled his Naughty or Nice list and began to read from it.

Naughty

Nice

12​

It is still night​

Drew-Sta

Staff member

f**k, Star Wars is shit.

Lucas himself said the story was about Vader. He's the only character that spans the entire series.

I don't think he's a hero or good villain either. But he is the only thread that is present in the entire thing.

--

Not convinced on a few things. If micky had a hodor, why did he seem so upset? Is it possible someone stepped in for micky?

Not sure. Roc, Shaun and SeeJay have me interested.

Bazal

Post Whore
Rocs insistence that Hogg isn't Santa has me all a tingly. I know Hogg is Santa. Well, unforeseen shenanigans aside I know he is.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Lucas himself said the story was about Vader. He's the only character that spans the entire series.

I don't think he's a hero or good villain either. But he is the only thread that is present in the entire thing.

He also thought that Hayden Christensen had good chemistry with Natalie Portman, and that Jar Jar Binx was gold :lol:

mickyj

Bench
Vadar is not the central theme of the story. And I must say George being hands off gives some level of hope to the final 3 movies. Funny enough will have no Darth Vadar.........

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Vader may be the one common thread, but Lucas made those comments about it being "Vader's story" in 2005-2006 in the lead up to Episode 3 being released. In that same interview he said "that's it, no more Star Wars from anybody because there's no more story" even though before he sold the rights to Disney he had started developing ideas.

Before the original movie was released the studios were so sure it wouldn't make any money they gave the entire merchandise rights to Lucas (Lol @ them). If we look at the original Star Wars there's no way that was written with the intention of it being Vader's story.

That's like saying Silence of the Lambs is Hannibal's story. It's not, but because he became such an iconic character from that movie he became the franchise as a result.

Anyway, back to the point that started all this - Grinch is a cool dude.

mickyj

Bench
I'm sorting stuff to move in Jan and when going through the garage I find and remember I own 5 1980 vintage millennium falcons......
We all know it's R2D2 story. He is the one who saves the day all the time.