What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Civinaceva picking up a concussed Farah off the ground

Vic Mackey

Referee
Might be a great bloke but that was incredibly poor form

I'm sure we remember the qld outbursts and subsequent anarchy after Justin poore did a similar thing to Steve price a few years back

Similar outcry this year?

MSIH

Bench
Nah it's Civ, he's a Fijian Queenslander, he's allowed too. Didn't so much pick him up, but moved him for sure.

MightyBronco

Juniors
Havent seen a replay so cant make a comment. But was Farrah on his knees face down at the time? And in the way of the play the ball?

Shorty

Staff member
I noticed that and wasn't impressed by it.
I also wasn't impressed that Farah was kept on the field, clearly concussed.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
2zspctk.jpg

LineBall

Juniors
Might be a great bloke but that was incredibly poor form

I'm sure we remember the qld outbursts and subsequent anarchy after Justin poore did a similar thing to Steve price a few years back

Similar outcry this year?

Farrah was still moving on his hands and knees, while holding petero's leg when petero's grabs his jersey and Farrah gets to his feet and stumbles away.

And you are comparing this to when poore walked over to pick up an obviously unconscious Steve price who was lying supine on the ground.

You are an idiot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah i did remember seeing that and was shocked it was Petro, he sort of picked him and and dragged him forward. It's only wrong if it's done by a Blue though.

MSIH

Bench
Farrah was still moving on his hands and knees, while holding petero's leg when petero's grabs his jersey and Farrah gets to his feet and stumbles away.

And you are comparing this to when poore walked over to pick up an obviously unconscious Steve price who was lying supine on the ground.

You are an idiot.

What Poore did was terrible, but Petero definitely dragged Farah. In Civ's defence I don't think he knew Farah was concussed. Civ's always come across as a classy guy, I'm pretty confident he was unaware of Farah's state. Nothing to see here really.

Shorty

Staff member
And it's not like he dropped his head on the ground coldly like Poore did.
Petero was trying to get him out of the way, push him so that the play of the ball could happen.
It was a bit of a silly thing to do.

Comparing the two is f**king idiotic.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
What Poore did was terrible, but Petero definitely dragged Farah. In Civ's defence I don't think he knew Farah was concussed. Civ's always come across as a classy guy, I'm pretty confident he was unaware of Farah's state. Nothing to see here really.
^^^^^^^ This.

LineBall

Juniors
Just watched it again line ball, you are wrong, civonaceva actually drags Farah towards him

I never said which direction he pulled him.

You are still comparing an incident where a player handles an opponent who is still moving and most likely unaware that he was concussed - with another incident where a player obviously knows the man is concussed because he just saw him get his lights punched out.

You are still an idiot for comparing the two.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
A) Petero couldn't have known he was concussed.

B) Farah was still grabbing onto his legs.

C) A comparison between this and Poore's action is utterly ridiculous.

Thread fail.

EDIT - and if Farah was concussed, why did the Blues officials allow him to play on? It seems the OP's outrage is directed at the wrong person.

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Farrah was still on the ground with his back to Civ, I really dont think Civ knew he was concussed.

No malice in it for mine.

Stinkler

Juniors
It looked bad, and was always going to have the comparison made.

I'll give Petero the benefit of the doubt, but seriously, why would a guy be hanging on to your leg like that if he was fully conscious?

and yes, the NSW trainers should have taken Farah from the field.
We all know the concussion thing is a joke. NSW had no reserve hooker, so he was always staying on.

Latest posts