What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clive Churchill Medalist

DCE 4 CC?

• Yes

Votes: 67 57.3%
  • No

Votes: 50 42.7%

• Total voters

DJShaksta

First Grade
I thought Maloney deserved it to be honest.
But not upset by DCE getting it as he played a great game for manly.
Butthurt roosters fans on Facebook calling for SBW to get it need to understand it's an 80 minute game.

adamkungl

Immortal
I thought DCE was excellent.

But f**k giving it to the losing team, the whole crowd booed the decision and deservedly so.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach
To be fair the Roosters didn't have a lot of standouts and Foran and Cherry Evans were good. Foran was good all game and Cherry Evans was good in the second half. I think it was a career enhancing decision which is disappointing imo. The left side for Manly put in two tries to the one penalty try on the right.

I think it is too awfully convenient that the Australian selectors pick the heir apparent 7 while overlooking the kiwi Foran who played his guts out or Maloney who probably deserved it most but may have red felt through his name after a disappointing Origin series.

Ph1l

Juniors
Love or hate SBW as a person there's no denying he's a great player. The Roosters don't win without him. Giving the medal to a Manly player so the fans have something to take home is ridiculous.

Canard

Immortal
Love or hate SBW as a person there's no denying he's a great player. The Roosters don't win without him. Giving the medal to a Manly player so the fans have something to take home is ridiculous.

As ridiculous as that reasoning that you have just made up in your head.

bottle

Coach
DCE fully deserving winner. I had him earmarked for it but thought they would join in the fap off and give it to $BW. After all it had to go to best on ground so they could hardly give it to Schubert.
Nice touch by the Rorters fans booing him when he received it. Classy.

Think it was early 2nd half, he was sitting on the bench icing his hamstring.

DCE played well but it is strange ginving it too a losing player.

His hamstring flared up and couldn't return. But it was him in the first half that got you back in the game with his direct running. Cherry Evans wasn't even the best half in his side but he was better than Pearce.

Didn't notice he was injured, thanks.

The momentum turned to us in the first half when he came on. At 33 or whatever he is still a valuable player, on par with JWH

JoeD

First Grade
I wasn't worried about Sonny Bill-Williams winning the Churchill Medal since he is a Kiwi and people from overseas are all but ineligible to win.
This and
Nothing beats Lockyer being given it in the WC final for doing nothing except missing several tackles.
that

Kicked out on the full, dropped the pill with noone near him...pure class. Had Manly won, Maloney could have taken some credit for it.

Exactly. Maloney's a fraud. Throwing a forward pass which leads to an important try doesn't make you MOM.

Anyway, only Kangaroos get the CC Medal. It's proven. No kiwis can ever win it. That's why DCE got the nod.

GongPanther

Referee
No Bradley Clyde winning in 1991 was the worst of all time. Meninga saved about 6 tries for Canberra that day and was easily their best player, Clyde was the flavour of the month and Penrith had at least 4-5 more deserving players.

+1.

This was the time when the Clive Churchill medal lost it's credibility.

It's an absolute insult to all league fans when someone from the losing side wins the medal.

And Bob Fulton can pick the feathers from his mouth.

Last edited:

Latest posts