What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

Sonic Star

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
I don't have to try
`In recognition of the various sh*t players we have had over the yrs, who have happened to be indigenous, we have a black strip down our side' ...

I trust the white strip on the other jersey, in the interests of racial equality, were to acknowledge the caucasian/anglo saxon rubbish that has also worn your shirt like Djura, Tuckwell, Baker, Munro, Harrington, Squadrito etc

Soufs .. acknowledging that no matter which race wore the shirt ... all were garbage since 1971

You should though, because you get more tumble weeds than laughs after your hateful rants.

The Riddler

Juniors
themanonthehill said:
I don't have to try
`In recognition of the various sh*t players we have had over the yrs, who have happened to be indigenous, we have a black strip down our side' ...

I trust the white strip on the other jersey, in the interests of racial equality, were to acknowledge the caucasian/anglo saxon rubbish that has also worn your shirt like Djura, Tuckwell, Baker, Munro, Harrington, Squadrito etc

Soufs .. acknowledging that no matter which race wore the shirt ... all were garbage since 1971

You come up with some real beauties but this garbage tops the lot.

beave

Coach
heritage_jersey_30jan08.JPG

The North Queensland Toyota Cowboys today unveiled the new Heritage jersey to be worn in round six of the Telstra Premiership, commemorating the NRL Heritage round and the 2008 Rugby League Centenary.
Modelled on the 1966 North Queensland jersey worn against Great Britain in Townsville, the jersey recognises the history of the Foley Shield and NQ representative teams of the last 100 years.
The jersey was produced in consultation with the Cowboys' apparel sponsor Concept Sports, with contributions from the Queensland Rugby League Northern Division and local league 'legends' Ray Miguel and Jimmy Patterson.
“In this, the centenary year of Rugby League, we believe it is important to acknowledge the past great history in the North Queensland region. With this in mind we picked up on the design from the historic 1966 NQ team who were victorious over the visiting Great Britain side,” Cowboys CEO Peter Parr said.
While the jersey has been modified to suit the players of 2008, it still reflects the version worn in the famous 1966 victory and also represents a celebration of 100 years of NQ rugby league. Round six will see the Toyota Cowboys play the NZ Warriors at Dairy Farmers Stadium.
The replica jersey will be available for sale from North Queensland stores and premium retailers in March 2008.

www.cowboys.com.au

Will be buying one of these bad boys, a bit bland but still better than the regular jersey we will be wearing for most of the year. I think the colour in real life won't be as "titan-ish", me thinks that Payney is wearing an on field size and it is getting a bit stretched, giving it a slight lighter appearance.

NthKnight

innsaneink said:
Whats Saints and Titans using then?
anyone know?

Yeah I believe the Saints will be using the wide horizontal stripes (ie blood and bandages) and the Titans the old seagulls jersey with the titans colours replacing the black stripes.

I dont hink there are any official photos yet so it all may change

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
News.com.au had a mock up of the Titans centen. jersey.

beave

Coach
jersey.jpg

OLD AND NEW ... Aaron Payne shows off the new heritage jersey while Jackson Nicalou wears the original North Queensland jersey worn by Jim Patterson and Ray Miguel

townsvillebulletin.com.au

in this photo it looks a bit darker than the other photo (thank chr!st), there's a few too many logos on the front for mine, i would have dropped the horns logo just for one game and left the "NQ" on the left breast.

Shorty

Staff member
beave said:
jersey.jpg

OLD AND NEW ... Aaron Payne shows off the new heritage jersey while Jackson Nicalou wears the original North Queensland jersey worn by Jim Patterson and Ray Miguel

townsvillebulletin.com.au

in this photo it looks a bit darker than the other photo (thank chr!st), there's a few too many logos on the front for mine, i would have dropped the horns logo just for one game and left the "NQ" on the left breast.
Very good looking jersey imo,pretty.

_Johnsy

Referee
S.S.T.I.D said:
After ours that is the best shirt in the comp. Brilliant.

Are you serious, or just taking the piss. Surely it has to be the latter. While it is ok, certainly not one of the better jumpers.

Cronullas old one (used some games last year), saints, roosters, souths, not in the top few by a long shot.