What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

***MH***

Bench
Think Penrith will ever bring this back as a retro jersey?
pan002.jpg

LeagueLegend

Juniors
choc_soldier said:
Since mid-December, or thereabouts.

Wrong. The jerseys were taken off sale at Panthers when the issue arose. Mid-December was when Parkview were still sponsors, it's only happened in the last week, hence why the jerseys have been unavailable for sale at Panthers. And to think I found all this out with one phone call to the club.

mightypanther

Juniors
***MH*** said:
Alright.....

PSYHC!!!

panthers97.jpg

panthers2-97.jpg

Yuck, the old technicolour yawn. I still have one in the wardrobe and I can pretty much guarantee that it will NEVER become a retro jersey or a collector's item...:lol:

Those were the good old days as far as players go though. I miss the guys like Carl Macnamara, Danny Farrar, Sid Domic, Barry Walker, Brandy, Cartwright, MG etc.

Players that left their guts on the field every week with hardly any public recognition for it. Just a love of the game and their club got them through.

Patorick

Staff member
Choppies said:
Roosters will soon be selling actual match day jerseys. The actual jersey used on-field with a different cut and different material to the retail version. Might pick one up later in the year.

Good on them.

Manly are doing the same at the moment.

http://www.manlyseaeagles.com.au/product-detail.asp?p=343&pc=4

"2007 Players Cut Home RbK Jersey
These Home Jerseys were specifically made for the Grand Final but were unworn. They are official RbK Players cut jerseys with all branding but without numbers.
Available in a range of sizes these jerseys are the last of the 2007 jerseys.
Don’t miss possibly your last chance to own one of these great pieces of Manly history at a heavily discounted price.
Price: $150.00"

So does anyone know exactly how different the players cut of these jerseys is to the retail cut?

Different tighter sizing of course, but anything else?

griffo346

First Grade
Choc would u be able to take your jersey back to panthers and ask them to extrange it when they bring out the new jersey its wrong that you and other fans have been stuffed around

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Patorick said:
So does anyone know exactly how different the players cut of these jerseys is to the retail cut?

Different tighter sizing of course, but anything else?

The retail cut is fairly square, players jerseys are different and hug the body a lot more. Plus, depending on the manufacturer (in this case Reebok) the material is quite different, usually a lot lighter and has tiny holes that allows the jersey "breathe" (I know that is a wanky term but that's what they say).

$150, that's a very good price for one of those jerseys, pity they do not have the number on them.

Caged Panther

First Grade
griffo346 said:
Choc would u be able to take your jersey back to panthers and ask them to extrange it when they bring out the new jersey its wrong that you and other fans have been stuffed around

Didn't the news peice he posted from the club stated they were putting in place plans to address that very issue?

_Johnsy

Referee
it is such a shame that any of penwifs jumpers are instantly recognisable, actually same with many clubs. Tradition people, change the fabric etc, but not the design. Simple works

Cronulla
r138927_475320.jpg

Penrith
02.08_retropanthers280.jpg

Manly
user1837_1159259542.jpg

Parra
04.11_eelsretro_83.jpg

Newwie
muir_m~2.jpg

souths, the only main jumper they should hav is the red and myrtle horizointal stripes, can add another pic

Raiders, drags, easts, pretty much have it right.

Storm, well I mean really that is an average jumper yet to have one I like.

I think the white alternate and maroon main are their best ones
NQ, cows, pretty much have it right.

Tigers is a toughy, an improvement on previous years, was it just me or have previous ones, looked like a child has eaten heaps of orange, black and white crayons and then vomited.

Not all that fussed on the titans, not bad though compared to storms efforts

choc_soldier

Coach
LeagueLegend said:
Wrong. The jerseys were taken off sale at Panthers when the issue arose. Mid-December was when Parkview were still sponsors, it's only happened in the last week, hence why the jerseys have been unavailable for sale at Panthers. And to think I found all this out with one phone call to the club.

I took it as when it was first released, but probably misread the question.

choc_soldier

Coach
griffo346 said:

I didn't buy it at the club - I bought it at "Leagues The Way" here in Camden. I've lost the receipt, but I don't really care about getting a replacement - happy with the one I've got, correct sleeve sponsor or not.

Nuke

Staff member
I've got a couple of Knights jerseys from season 2003 (I think it was) that have a sewn-on patch of the NIB logo on each of the sleeves covering up the printed-on NBN logos. One is their World 7's jersey from that year, and one is the 'away' (Roosters style) jersey. I don't mind though. If I really didn't like it, I could take the patches off! Well, get someone to do it for me ...!

Latest posts