What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club jerseys 2008

phonetic

Juniors
Cheesie-the-Pirate said:
Heritage082.jpg

Saints heritage 2008 a la 1941.

BIG fan of this one. Just like the mighty Kogarah Marist! Will definitely buy one as soon as it's available. I think they're going to sell plenty.

Nuke

Staff member
Frederick said:
Just out of curiosity, what's that green and white jersey / shirt on the left edge of this pic? There's the Knights main jersey on the right edge, but that green and white one's got me wondering. It's not a Canberra one is it?

Frederick

Staff member
I get the feeling that is our heritage jersey. I'm pretty sure these pics are from the Knights stand there

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Nope, all heritage merch and whatever club merch was available for sale was in one giant tent there. It would likely be a Canberra or Australian centenary polo.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Panthers foundation strip - the same one from 2006.

This is the only photo I could find - from the club's website, taken at yesterday's Fan Day...

CENTENHERITAGE.jpg

Nuke

Staff member
Timmah said:
Nope, all heritage merch and whatever club merch was available for sale was in one giant tent there. It would likely be a Canberra or Australian centenary polo.
Yeah, I was about to say the Knights heritage jersey is red and white, and as far as I know, hasn't been released for sale to the public yet.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Timmah said:
NZ Warriors
MAIN Released. Same as 2007.
ALTERNATE Released. Same as 2007.
HERITAGE Not released
I'm sure I've seen a photo somewhere of our 2008 Heritage jersey - it's just thick black & silver bars. I'll try and track down a pic.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Sorry, scratch that. On second look it seems to be just a bit of merchandise. Cool logo though.

IMG_0027.jpg

IMG_0028.jpg

The Warriors will probably just re-cycle their blue heritage strip from last year.

yakstorm

First Grade
From seeing all the heritage and home jerseys yesterday (except for the Bulldogs), the 'unseen' strips go like this:

Broncos: Home strip is the same with WOW in a big white box on the front. Heritage strip is a replica of the 1988 strip.

Melbourne: Heritage strip is the 1998 home strip.

Warriors: Heritage strip is the stranges pick of them all, it is the Red Alternative jersey they wore in the late 90's early 2000's.

Cronulla: Heritage: original strip, in sky blue with the white V with the black outline. Has the original Cronulla logo on it as well.

Parramatta: Same as the heritage strip they wore last year, mainly blue with one horizontal gold bar.

Canberra: Heritage is similar to the current home one, but it is a more 'limer' green, and has the original Raiders logo on it. CFMEU is also no longer in the white box.

Manly: Heritage: Maroon strip with a white V.

Titans: Heritage like the one rumoured in the paper.

Souths: Heritage - similar to the home one, except the horizontal bars are thinner, there is no black or white bits on it, has a collar, has only a half rabbitoh for the logo and has the special Rabbitohs Centenary badge on the sleeve.

Timmah

Staff member
Broncos home, Manly heritage, Titans heritage have all been posted here IIRC

viking

Juniors
Canberra: Heritage is similar to the current home one, but it is a more 'limer' green, and has the original Raiders logo on it. CFMEU is also no longer in the white box.

what is the raiders heritage jersey made out of? i have heard that it may be cotton

LeagueNut

First Grade
yakstorm said:
Warriors: Heritage strip is the stranges pick of them all, it is the Red Alternative jersey they wore in the late 90's early 2000's.
:shock: :shock: :(
Say it ain't so!!

100%green

Juniors
Nuke said:
Just out of curiosity, what's that green and white jersey / shirt on the left edge of this pic? There's the Knights main jersey on the right edge, but that green and white one's got me wondering. It's not a Canberra one is it?
That on is the Canberra Centenary supporter jersey released by Canterbury.

I just read most of the 52 pages.:lol:

I have heard ISC are releasing the Hearatige jerseys in cotton to bring down cost.

I work in a NRL clothing store and I can tell you it's even worse for retailers trying to keep up with all this.:lol:

Nuke

Staff member
Do you have any idea as to when they'll be on sale (the heritage jerseys). Obviously, I'm only looking at getting the Knights one, but I'm just curious. I'm looking to order the new Knights jerseys very soon, and I'd rather order all three together than two now and the other in a month or so.

100%green

Juniors
Nuke said:
Do you have any idea as to when they'll be on sale (the heritage jerseys). Obviously, I'm only looking at getting the Knights one, but I'm just curious. I'm looking to order the new Knights jerseys very soon, and I'd rather order all three together than two now and the other in a month or so.

Not to sure. ISC ones are dure March I think, Other companies will vary. Kooga i'm guessing will be round the same time. The bigger ones like Reebok, Puma and Adidas should be April i'd say. Nike probablt after given their record.

LeagueNut

First Grade
Well f**k me sideways with a blunt spoon. :(

On the bright side, at least I won't be spending any extra money on a heritage jersey this year!

Timmah

Staff member
Well f**k me sideways with a blunt spoon. :(
Ouch.

Looking at their options, if they used the blue+white vee like in 2007, they'd risk a clash with their opponents NQ.