What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coach of the Year: Bennett or Moore ?

?

• Total voters

African Monkey

First Grade
This myth that Moore has taken a wooden spoon team to be a chance at minor premiers/premiers really sh*ts me. If he had the same team that won the spoon last year I would agree he would be coach of the year but the fact is most of the team played elsewhere. It's a completely new look team.
Yes I couldn't agree more with you.

taxidriver

Coach
Anon is 100% right

Eastwood
Stagg
Morris
Kimmorley
Hannant
Ennis

I don't remember them "winning" a spoon last year

Lungfish

Juniors
This myth that Moore has taken a wooden spoon team to be a chance at minor premiers/premiers really sh*ts me. If he had the same team that won the spoon last year I would agree he would be coach of the year but the fact is most of the team played elsewhere. It's a completely new look team.

Totally agree.Finally some common sense when it comes to the Bulldogs.

Sleep

Juniors
Bennett easily. Look at the players he's turned around. Soward, Poore and Weyman are all rep players this year. Last year where were they?

He's turned virtually the same team around whereas Moore basically had an overhauled team they'd bought to work with.

Gippsy

Bench
Go back to the start of the year and see how many people picked the Dragons to even make the 8, let alone be a consistent leader of the comp. Their recruitment was considered by most to be ordinary.

The Dogs bought half the broncos, & overall their recruitment consisted of all proven, quality players.

Compare the rosters and the results so far and it's no contest, Bennett easily.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I voted Bennett probably because im biased. But IMO if the Dogs win the GF Moore will get coach of the year and if the Dragons win then Bennett will get it. If nobody gets it then its probably too close to call.

nomarg

I voted Bennett probably because im biased. But IMO if the Dogs win the GF Moore will get coach of the year and if the Dragons win then Bennett will get it. If nobody gets it then its probably too close to call.

Its awarded b4 the gf...... anothe rgreat idea by the NRL

It's like giving the Dally M award at round 13......

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Moore.

/thread.

Seriously though, there are only two contenders.

Anyone suggesting Anderson is an idiot. I say so only because Moore had the same task - Anderson hasn't completed his yet - Parra are yet to make the four, and spent more than half the season bumbling around under his watch. Moore started the team strongly and they went from there.

Bennett's the other contender and to be fair, he's always been a good coach and will no doubt win the award again. Moore FTW.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Bennett and Moore both deserve it. Moore deserves it a hell of a lot more. Bennett will get it.

News Ltd to ruin the Dally Ms again and no Bulldogs to get any awards apart from maybe top try scorer and point scorer.

lucablight

First Grade
Parra won a total of 13 games last year while this year they've won 11 with 2 to go, you do the maths. Yep, the bloke is a genius :lol:

Its called coach of the year for a reason, not coach of the month and a bit.

Actually last year the Eels won 11 games and this year have won 11 and had a draw with 2 rounds to go

thuggdogg

Juniors
both amazing coaches,

bennerts probably best all up if you had to measure wangs but moore has a few things going for him.

1)first yr coach, no experience at this level- bennets had twenty something years.

2) bulldoggs are spooners last year and had no good playas except warburton....saints had a few guns.....the turnaround has been alot sharper for the dogs.and we arent a star studded team at all. on paper we are 11th. we just blend like no other team does.

3) bennett had twenty years in a monopoly team. it was like he had his buy in paid at a no limit tournament. no matter what he did he would have a successful one city team to pimp. thus, meaning he had room to experiment and play around with ideas, because like shane warne he had te skill nehind him to clean up a play that didnt woek. Moore hasnt had that luxury.

conclusion? Moore by half a body length.

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
Moore for shure. He had some talented players to work with but half of them were new to the squad.
I reckon the Dragons copped some favourable refereeing to get where they are. If the Jamal Idris try is awarded, the Bulldogs are outright Minor Premiers. The Dragons are yet to get passed the second round of the finals and prove they are not the chokers they always have been.

K-Man

Bench
3rd-Anderson...took us from a useless rabble to the form side in the comp at the moment and strong contenders for a finals spot

2nd-Bennett...The Dragons had a pretty fair side to start with but he's done well and made some astute signings

1st-Moore...His signings were spot on, the players he got rid of were spot on, he did to the Dogs in one of season what Brian Smith did to Newie (to much praise in certain circles) over several years. On top of that, he's coached the side to play very good footy.

Can't really argue with any of that.

My votes would go the same way.

It's basically impossible for Moore to have done any, well, more.

miccle

Bench
:lol: And the Titans are totally forgotten again.

I hate them more than any other team in the comp, but Cartwright has at least been the equal of the other two. Moore has done a great job, but was also greatly assisted by wonderful recruiting.

Bennett has always been the best motivator in the game and he has finally dispelled the myth that used to be perpetuated by everyone south of the border - finally people are beginning to understand that he BUILDS champion players and teams, and doesn't get champions handed to him ready-made.

Without any major signings, Cartwright has gone about his business and built a Titans team which is the equal of any in the competition, and he's done it while ensuring they fly nicely under the radar.

I'm not saying he should get it over the others, but I think any one of those three are deserving. Won't be disappointed with any of those choices, but think Cartwright should be more widely regarded as being right in the race.

Avenger

Immortal
Daniel Anderson is up there. I agree probably not coach of the year but in the top 5.

mongoose

Coach

All the players the dogs bought have improved under Moore and he got them playing with cohesion very quickly. Thats a damn good effort.

Bennet was handed a better team than Moore was. So Moore easily.