What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching Candidates 2016

Well just when I thought I had Browny as a sure thing channel 7 reports Maguire might have agreed to job. I however strongly doubt it.

Last edited:

Swarzey

Bench
I admire the club's push to poach him; in my opinion, no Maguire, no 2014 premiership for Souths. Not even close. However, I doubt it. Just can't see him leaving Redfern anytime soon.

Triple M claim We are trying very hard to convince Madge to coach here. They said Maguire = plan A and Brown = plan B. My concern is now Browny will get the shits and walk away and we will be left with nothing. Media are really making this difficult. Brown is too good a coach to be a plan B. The man went on record as saying clubs need to know who they want as coach before they negotiate and stick with it. Going by his philosophy he will see himself as a tad expendable should Maguire become available.

Last edited:

Still Nutty

Juniors
The A option (Maguire) and B option (Brown) also reported by Sterlo on Fox the other day...expect we will hear within the next week or so one way or the other

perverse

Referee
Landing Maguire would be a massive coup. I'd love to know why he'd even contemplate it, to be honest. Must be a bit of discontent bubbling over at Souths.

Sydney media adamant Maguire will be Knights coach. He was approached 3 weeks ago and was reported to be very intrigued by the prospect of turning this club around. They report Maguire is about a challenge. Not the easy way out.

perverse

Referee
Well, a challenge he'll get if he wants to come here. I don't think he's in a bad position roster-wise, though. There's a bit of sorting out to do, but there's a lot to work with too. He might see an opportunity to come in and succeed where Bennett failed.

otori

Juniors
Well, a challenge he'll get if he wants to come here. I don't think he's in a bad position roster-wise, though. There's a bit of sorting out to do, but there's a lot to work with too. He might see an opportunity to come in and succeed where Bennett failed.

I guess he was Option B for the Rabbitohs when they chased Bennett so he may have a point to prove.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
Wow imagine the ripple of fear that would be put into some of the underperforming players at the club if Maguire was appointed. He's the absolute polar opposite to Stone in that regard, I don't think there are any players who would feel safe in their positions here. Not to mention I can imagine him delivering a few half time sprays.

Please, if the football gods exist, please deliver us Michael Maguire!

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Sydney media adamant Maguire will be Knights coach. He was approached 3 weeks ago and was reported to be very intrigued by the prospect of turning this club around. They report Maguire is about a challenge. Not the easy way out.

Its the only reason i could see it happening...

He has a Premiership at Souths, maybe he'll look to out do Bennett and aim for a Gibson-style "premierships with 3 clubs"

Swarzey

Bench
This is the same club that emailed members that Sam Burgess wasn't leaving when the code switch started spreading. Until I hear from the bloke himself I won't be entirely convinced. It could really say a lot; he may have approached the board for a release and got shot down, the club might think it's just weak media speculation or Maguire might absolutely have no desire to leave.

However, if it was from the latter, then I would have expected Maguire to make the comment, not the chairman.

lol.

No one from Newcastle has even spoken to Madge. They've spoken to his reps who've stated that they would always be interested to have a look at any approach. From this, the likes of Kent, Webster and Johns have made something out of nothing.

I guarantee that Newcastle are not and never have been any chance of luring Madge away from Souths before the end of his contract.

The next coach of the Newcastle Knights will be Justin Morgan or Nathan Brown.

lol.

No one from Newcastle has even spoken to Madge. They've spoken to his reps who've stated that they would always be interested to have a look at any approach. From this, the likes of Kent, Webster and Johns have made something out of nothing.

I guarantee that Newcastle are not and never have been any chance of luring Madge away from Souths before the end of his contract.

The next coach of the Newcastle Knights will be Justin Morgan or Nathan Brown.

I have it on good authority that they have spoken to him personally.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I heard from my father's bother's nephew's cousin's former roommate that Michael Maguire may or may not be the Knights coach next year :p

Apey

Staff member
I'll wait for BunniesMan's opinion which I respect greatly.