What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching Candidates 2016

Haffa

My sources tell me he has already purchased a house on the Hill with plans to begin the renovations in 2 weeks once Souffs season is over.

Apparently GI also has a Michael Mcguire clause in his contract so he can leave if madge leaves and its pretty much a given he will be here in 2016.

1. Inglis
6. Mullen
7. Hokko
9. Levi

Premiership winning spine there.

Haffa

Mcguigan who was a few sampling some deep when he got the news from Quayle misheard him and thought he said he'd spoken to Magic told Quayle to do whatever it takes to get him.

Swarzey

Bench
South Sydney coach Michael Maguire used a weights session at Redfern Oval to assure his players that he would not be leaving the club to join Newcastle next season.

With the Knights having targeted Maguire as the man to rebuild the club, the premiership-winning mentor addressed the forwards and backs as they trained in separate weights groups on Monday to tell them he was not considering leaving the Rabbitohs before the expiry of his contract in 2017.

Maguire also took the extraordinary step of reaffirming his commitment to the club in a video emailed to Souths' 35,000 members to inform them of the line-up for Friday night's match against Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium.

"I would like to let the members know that this is my club, I am not talking to anyone else and I want to stay here for as long as we can keep progressing and improving as a club," Maguire said.

"There are many things I want to achieve on and off the field at this club and to have the fans out there, the way they celebrate success and stick by us through the tougher times like they have over the years prior to me getting here, it is a special club and it is one I want to make sure I keep building things at."

​Fairfax Media reported on Tuesday that negotiations had taken place between the Knights and Maguire's representatives but Newcastle's bid to lure him from Souths was considered a long shot.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...hael-maguire-staying-put-20150901-gjcrhb.html

Hopefully this is the expectation the club has for Brown. We desperately need that discipline and expectation to perform.

Noname36

First Grade
I don't care who gets the gig to be honest. I'm just happy to see some ambition for success for once.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
So given Brown probably now realizes that he's plan B he will probably withdraw his application and we'll need to go with our plan C... Hagan

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
So given Brown probably now realizes that he's plan B he will probably withdraw his application and we'll need to go with our plan C... Hagan

I doubt his ego s that fragile. There are only 16 head Coaching roles up for grabs and he more than anyone at the club needs to realise this is a cutthroat role.

If he wants special favours than he's not the guy for the job; we all just spent the last year bitching about how entitled Gidley has become, i dont want to see that replicated in the f*cking coach.

Swarzey

Bench

Bloke said he needed to know the club knew what they wanted in a coach.

I'm pretty sure he got his answer after all of this and will do wonders for the club assuming the players don't turn on him.

slotmachine

First Grade
Brown's best quality is that he has had nothing to do with the club or players previously.

No mates, no favourites, totally clean slate. Bring on 2016.

Bedsy will be our coach in the future. He has admitted he is keen to stay along and aspire to be being coach but recognises he doesn't have the skills with regards to player signings and management etc.
I hope he is assistant coach next year.

Fox reporting Brown to be announced within 48 hours and that Brad Arthur inquired about Knights job through a third party. Foran was used as a potential deal sealer. Club must have knocked them back. My remaining question is why Quayle approached Maguire via Matt Johns in the first place if legal action was always a risk? Maguire would have known this and maybe he was genuinely keen but the threat of litigation put him off.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Bedsy will be our coach in the future. He has admitted he is keen to stay along and aspire to be being coach but recognises he doesn't have the skills with regards to player signings and management etc.
I hope he is assistant coach next year.

Id only like to see that if he left for 5 or so years to work somewhere else before hand.

He can only pick up so much from working in the one place and we all know how well it goes when "one of da boyz" gets the job as head coach

I think the chances of Brown keeping Buderus on are remote. It has to be a clean slate. As much as I love Bedsy the Old Boys club has to be put to the side for a while as far as involvement in the coaching goes. Brown did say he will engage the legends of the club to instill local values in the juniors but he has got to make certain he cracks the whip if it interferes with his vision. As much as I would love a totally different take on things I feel it is not going to succeed by brushing the club legends completely.

Instead of the ex players holding coaching positions it would be better if they had them as a support group and the leadership stemmed from there. People who the young blokes can go to if they have a problem in life. If Chief or joey told them to pull their heads in guaranteed they would. In equal measure they can encourage them as well when deserved. Takes the pressure off the coaching staff and also allows a mediation if need be. I feel a lot of young players are easily misled by their greedy managers who play pseudo father roles in their lives when really it is about the $$$$$$. Clubs get rorted from it.