What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching Candidates 2016

slotmachine

First Grade
http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

$600,000 - Marquee Player Allowance - any or all of the Top 25 players at each club can share in payments made by club sponsors seeking to use a player's intellectual property. These may be guaranteed in the playing contract by clubs.

Unlimited - Players can earn unlimited amounts from corporate sponsors who are not associated with the club and who do not use the game's intellectual property (no club logos, jerseys or emblems) provided these are pre-approved. These agreements may not be negotiated by the club as an incentive for a player to sign a contract, nor can they be guaranteed by the club.

I imagine every club uses the full $600k.

In regards to the unlimited TPA's there was an article saying we were one of the bottom few clubs and maybe had $100-$200k. The Broncos had $1m+ when Lockyer was there, who knows what it is now.

Nuffy

Bench
http://www.nrl.com/nrlhq/referencecentre/salarycap/tabid/10434/default.aspx

I imagine every club uses the full $600k.

In regards to the unlimited TPA's there was an article saying we were one of the bottom few clubs and maybe had $100-$200k. The Broncos had $1m+ when Lockyer was there, who knows what it is now.

I've been told by a reliable source that some clubs are 1.5-2M over the cap with TPA's.

Its all above board allegedly but if its the case then whats the point of a cap...................

Yeah the system is not fair at all and depends on geography.

The NRL would be better off capping TPAs and increasing the cap as compensation.

Burwood

Bench
Tinker would have burnt a lot of bridges in regards to TPP. When he bought the club I thought he would have a lot of business contacts both nationally and internationally who would jump on board, but that was obviously not the case.

Hopefully the new board can use some of their business contacts to squeeze a few more dollars out.

perverse

Referee
I've been told by a reliable source that some clubs are 1.5-2M over the cap with TPA's.

Its all above board allegedly but if its the case then whats the point of a cap...................

I've been asking this question for years and years. The cap is an illusion at best, and it only becomes more obvious every year as rich clubs further and further learn how they can leverage it more.

Spot On

Coach
So Brown and Griffin back for another interview and that Dobbo bloke on NRL 360 reporting Griffin is all the rage to be named as the new Knights coach.

Jono078

Referee
No no no to Griffin.

I do like that he was the guy that got the potential out of Ben Hunt, but everything else was pretty average.

I'm definitely on the Brown bandwagon. A guy who's done his apprenticeship and is ready to shine in the NRL now.

Spot On

Coach
Source was Graeme Hughes who said on air they've heard strong reports that Brown has the job even though the club is yet to announce it. Make of it what you will.