What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching Candidates 2016

I still believe Brown will get then nod. He took Huddersfield from me nothing into finals contenders every year he was there. St Helens just needed his ability to structure defence. Brown evolves. That is the difference.

1qaz

Juniors
If he can teach our millionaires to tackle then I welcome him with open arms. Should have good knowledge of Q Cup players and jnrs in QLD as well. Gagai will be stoked.

The only good thing about Anthony getting the Knights coaching gig is that Dane will be fullback.

perverse

Referee
I often wonder if it's that we keep things quiet, or that no-one cares enough for them to dig up or print much about us.

This weekend the papers dominated by Knights coach talk and club overhaul. Brown red hot fave but round 2 interviews this week. Quayle sought Maguire's manager and had meeting this week. Do not be surprised if Madge is our plan if the next coach fails. I doubt we will ask Magirie to break contract as he has two years to go and he would need to push that button himself. He hasa great squad already so it is highly unlikely. Qualye is the best thing to happen to our club perhaps ever. He has Politis like ability to get his way or at least open doors we could not even line up for before. His influence is as strong as any. I have faith Qualye has he club's best interest at heart.

Last edited:

stuke

Bench
Gordon Tallis on radio yesterday claiming he has heard from a very reliable source (I know ��) that the job is Michael Hagan's if he wants it.

He claimed Hagan has an interest in coaching again after being involved in Origin.

I know there's a lot of unsubstantiated claims there, and it's from Tallis, but scary to think he could even be in consideration. Surely not....

That is total bullshit. I can tell you reliably it will be Brown or Griffin. If we want to get real about change I would be happy to have The Walkers coach the lower grades to see if this method of theirs is a realistic option down the track.

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach
Gordon Tallis on radio yesterday claiming he has heard from a very reliable source (I know ��) that the job is Michael Hagan's if he wants it.

He claimed Hagan has an interest in coaching again after being involved in Origin.

I know there's a lot of unsubstantiated claims there, and it's from Tallis, but scary to think he could even be in consideration. Surely not....

FFS. Surely a load of shit and just QLDers pushing the QLD barrow as they do.

Nuffy

Bench
Impossible to believe that the club would make a mistake like that after all the changes in the last 4-6 weeks.

Then again..................

Whats Doing

Bench
That is total bullshit. I can tell you reliably it will be Brown or Griffin. If we want to get real about change I would be happy to have The Walkers coach the lower grades to see if this method of theirs is a realistic option down the track.

Won't happen. Clubs have consistent playing structure throughout the grades paricularly NRL and reserves so that players who step up knows the calls and structure.

Not sure down at NYC but I suspect that it would be somewhat similar. i couldn't see the Walkers going to a lower grade than their current equivalent of reserve grade.

voltron

Juniors
if they are thinking of a maguire or something, then i think the walkers are worth a punt
if they work, then yay
if not, then we'll move on
I just feel that they would be the most amenable to be given that short term chance. and they dont need to reshape the roster all that much? i think

The club is being very thorough. The wait might be worth it if the mail re Bellamy being interested has legs. Won't be till 2017 though. John Quayle is a world class negotiator.

Last edited:

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
I feel self conscious about commenting on this thread as I was one of the people who pushed for Stone to be coach last time. For what it's worth I'd go with Brown followed by Brennan.

I would prefer Brown simply cos we cannot wait any longer on the gamble that a Bellamy or Maguire would work. Bennett's failure proves that it is not a given top coaches always work out.

Knight Vision

First Grade
I would prefer Brown simply cos we cannot wait any longer on the gamble that a Bellamy or Maguire would work. Bennett's failure proves that it is not a given top coaches always work out.

Roy Masters did an article after Bennetts announcement to leave saying Bennett was frustrated at not being able to bring to the club the talent required to win. The club just couldnt get the 3rd party deals he was promised would be available.

No matter how good the coach if you havent got the cattle you arent going to win

There was always talk that the third parties were Bennett's biggest gripe and He felt betrayed in a way. I think it is pretty apparent that Wayne did his best with what he had. I know that we came within a whisker of signing Cronk but Storm came up with huge 3rd party and we were offering far less. Bennett relied on his you play for me for less aura but it was not enough.

Last edited: