What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching options...

Stagger Lee

Bench
I just checked out Daniel Andersons coaching record and its sure impressive. 61% winning success rate over 3 clubs at NZ Warriors, St Helens and Eels. In the UK he won 3 challenge cups and 1 championship trophy. In the NRL he coached 2 ordinary teams to grand final appearances. Amazing success rate well above the other available candidates, with the exception of Tony Smith. Beats the shit out of Sheens, Henry, Taylor, Stone, Arthur.

I would accept Daniel Anderson over some of the other choices

Taylor in my eyes is a good assistant coach at best but not a leader and mentor like a main coach should be.

He's a known insider to them , they know they can control him . One of the boys , an ex Steeler to placate our southern brothers and sisters . Fits the usual Board criteria and if he fails the prodical son in Millward is in the system waiting.. It all adds up.

Maybe there's a Steeler/St George rotation system of sorts since '99:

Waite - St George
Farrar - Steelers
Brown - St George
Bennett - well he's the exception to any rule
Price - St George
Next - we must be overdue to get another Steeler

SilentAssassin

Juniors
Maybe there's a Steeler/St George rotation system of sorts since '99:

Waite - St George
Farrar - Steelers
Brown - St George
Bennett - well he's the exception to any rule
Price - St George
Next - we must be overdue to get another Steeler

I think it's clear Trent Barrett will be the next coach... :sarcasm:

TheRev

First Grade
Seems they are sounding out quite a few coaches, and they will see who bites, there are are a couple of clubs looking for coaches, not just us.. think they said Henry is a big chance to be at Canberra next year, and not sure what the Stuart/Parra situation is.

st george sam

Juniors
Daniel Anderson should be one on top of the short list, with an Arthurs or Taylor assisting.

We don't need any untried coaches - we have gone backwards since lossing Bennett.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I don't think that they are sounding out anyone until after the "coaching review" and that they are still crestfallen after their substantial attempt to get Bellamy

twinkletoes

Juniors
I don't think that they are sounding out anyone until after the "coaching review" and that they are still crestfallen after their substantial attempt to get Bellamy

If they haven't sounded out alternate coaches at this stage, having seen how the season has unfolded, it shows they've learnt nothing from the past 2 years and we will be in the wilderness for another 2 years. To be waiting for reviews and internal/ external reports etc which will probably say lets have an interim coaching panel for the next couple of years and then do something concrete after that, with the main focus of these reviews being to save there own jobs and absolve the management hierarchy of any fault, is ridiculous. 2 other clubs have taken decisive action prior to years end and are actively pursuing the top available coaching talent, while our old boys sit back and wait a couple of months for reviews on reviews etc.

For mine Daniel Anderson has a top quality proven track record, assuming he was interested, Neil Henry also has good credentials and maybe Sheens depending on when he would become available. JT had fallouts at Souths and Parramatta. Kevin Walters while interesting has no proven track record. Brad Arthur also would be interesting and has some top level experience

The whole review is an utter waste of time if the people doing the review are the ones who have caused the mess to begin with.

Honestly its another load of shit spun by Doust he is the real problem he has made so many mistakes before Bennet then after 2009 to 2010 was the only real saving grace for him but thats well and truely over he is inept and if the whole organisation whats to save face or show they want some type of future he needs to go.

The Dragons are a club of yes men and excuses makers this year has shown that with flying colours.

Saint Anger

Juniors
Daniel Anderson could be a good choice, but he seems content remain as referees boss.

JT looks like he'll blow away in the next stiff breeze. Jury is out on this guy.

Sheens, while a massive improvement on the incumbent halfwit, has serious baggage.

Neil Henry I'd cop. I'd even take Brian Smith at this stage.

Big NO's to Furner, Griffin, MacGregor, other untested rookie coaches etc

Tony Smith has a proven track record in the ESL where ever he has been has made teams and players better has stated his desire to coach in the NRL pay his current club a fee and get him back in Australia.

The whole jobs for the boys dosen't apply as his association with the club was so long ago pre-merger but he'll understand the importance of making the Dragons a forec again and might be able to attract some decent young english players.

grouch

First Grade
The whole review is an utter waste of time if the people doing the review are the ones who have caused the mess to begin with.

Honestly its another load of shit spun by Doust he is the real problem he has made so many mistakes before Bennet then after 2009 to 2010 was the only real saving grace for him but thats well and truely over he is inept and if the whole organisation whats to save face or show they want some type of future he needs to go.

The Dragons are a club of yes men and excuses makers this year has shown that with flying colours.
Why do you even care? You admit to never attending games. What do you contribute aside from punctuation-less streams of nonsense on these forums? Oddly similar to a troll

Hey grouch before you accuse anyone of anything here's a fact I live in FNQ I work nearly every weekend in the mines and I am probably a better fan that you'll ever be f**kwit.

FlameThrower

Bench
... No rookie coach, no internal jobs for the boys with MacMary being a worse option than even Price. I also saw Kevin Walters last night on NRL360, I stated before I only recalled him from mucking around on Today Shiw on Friday Footy Tips, and frankly nothing has changed. I saw nothing in the way of the miracle worker for te Dragons, he also mentioned he was in deep talks with Cowboys as wants to go ack to Qld. Big red texter thru his name.