What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching options...

Steelman

Juniors
Hearing that Sheens will be installed as coaching director from 2014.

What this means in terms of Prices future ??

He may well be there, next year as coach with a new coach installed from 2015.

(The insider who has found his niche)......;-)

Elias1983

Coach
If true it means price will not be sacked this year.

Which means ti will be a 3rd straight year of not making the finals when we miss out again next year.

jenninga

First Grade

Was in the Mercury or something this morning,fictious niche.

possm

Coach
My best guess is that N Henry will coach the Dragons in 2014 with McGreggor as one of his assistant coaches.

I would have preferred Sheens or B Smith but am happy to see Henry coach the Dragons.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
the cowboys fan want henry reinstated as coach. they signed petitions made shirts and told the board they will not renew there membership if henry is not back

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Was in the Mercury or something this morning,fictious niche.

Yep, published before start of business today.

BLOCKER: Tim Sheens linked to Dragons
By STEVE ROACH
Sept. 6, 2013, 3:05 a.m.

I've heard the rumblings about Tim Sheens being sounded out as coaching director at the Dragons.
If that eventuates, Sheens is pretty forthright and will surround himself with people he wants.
The Dragons have every right to head down that path if they wish.
If it happens, Steve Price's authority will be undermined. It will almost be like he's an assistant coach again.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1756688/blocker-tim-sheens-linked-to-dragons/?cs=298

Hey old boy steelo, are you Blocker?

TruSaint

Referee
Willow, sorry champion is that your quote ?
Or Roach.
I just dont see the value of a coaching Director. Sounds like a claytons job to me.

TruSaint

Referee
Hey grouch before you accuse anyone of anything here's a fact I live in FNQ I work nearly every weekend in the mines and I am probably a better fan that you'll ever be f**kwit.[/QU

Hey Coast,

Been a tragic for nearly 40 years, member for 20, and in the good days minor sponsor for 8.
Like you hard to get to the games.
japan has great bullet trains, problem is they dont float.
Feel your pain.

Chill champ...

nrlnrl

First Grade

surely if you're an insider you'd know more than "He may well be there?"

If the Dragons have to wait until 2015 for a replacement it will be another season of missing the top 8 & players will be looking to use their escape clauses or behaving badly so they get sacked ( just to leave ).

Please forget "he's a good bloke", Steve Price has shown in 2 years he should not be the NRL coach of the Dragons.

Steelman

Juniors
Yep, published before start of business today.

BLOCKER: Tim Sheens linked to Dragons
By STEVE ROACH
Sept. 6, 2013, 3:05 a.m.

I've heard the rumblings about Tim Sheens being sounded out as coaching director at the Dragons.
If that eventuates, Sheens is pretty forthright and will surround himself with people he wants.
The Dragons have every right to head down that path if they wish.
If it happens, Steve Price's authority will be undermined. It will almost be like he's an assistant coach again.
http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/1756688/blocker-tim-sheens-linked-to-dragons/?cs=298

Hey old boy steelo, are you Blocker?

Wow willow

Now u know ;-)

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Or Roach.
I just dont see the value of a coaching Director. Sounds like a claytons job to me.
No mate, there's a link there. It's an article in the Illawarra Mercury.

Last edited:
Or Roach.

yeah, I was an advocate of a Coaching director's role, but you are right and I've been persuaded by arguments against it..

It kinda says we can't make up our mind on who?

I want the Dragons to some how find the path to a Coach that Players trust and respect - and has a good ´footy brain.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Appointing a coaching director would be a totally gutless strategy. What is says is that we haven't got the balls to sack the coach and pay him out..also we don't want to upset the players who all seem to love him, while at the same time we can show all the supporters that we have done something positive regarding the direction of the club. What an absolutely meaningless gesture if true...

Appointing a coaching director would be a totally gutless strategy. What is says is that we haven't got the balls to sack the coach and pay him out..also we don't want to upset the players who all seem to love him, while at the same time we can show all the supporters that we have done something positive regarding the direction of the club. What an absolutely meaningless gesture if true...

yep

FlameThrower

Bench
...is this for real...instead of direction and strategy, it seems like confusion and not knowing what option or road to take. Maybe we are all getting blood rush here...certainly some mixed signals coming out of the Club.

The Chef

Juniors
Bring Brownie back just to slap Price. It's probably just wishful thinking but I think the club is plotting something big. I know it's hard to keep a secret in the nrl and rumours usually present when something (or nothing)is happening, eg Furner, Stuart etc.

Don't you think it's strange there are no rumours about Dragons chasing another coach since Bellyache? Nothing. I don't think (hope) the people running the club are that stupid. I am dreaming that Bennett will come back 'cause Tinkler hasn't paid him, or Maguire has committed to us on condition of confidentiality (ala Bennett/Rorters-word gets out and no deal) until the season is over.

That's what I think. Could be the whisky talking though.....

Last edited:

possm

Coach
If this happens, I see this as a Sheens coach and Price assistant coach outcome. Price will surely report to Sheens and Sheens will take an active role in the coaching of the side.

Last edited:
Bring Brownie back just to slap Price. It's probably just wishful thinking but I think the club is plotting something big. I know it's hard to keep a secret in the nrl and rumours usually present when something (or nothing)is happening, eg Furner, Stuart etc.

Don't you think it's strange there are no rumours about Dragons chasing another coach since Bellyache? Nothing. I don't think (hope) the people running the club are that stupid. I am dreaming that Bennett will come back 'cause Tinkler hasn't paid him, or Maguire has committed to us on condition of confidentiality (ala Bennett/Rorters-word gets out and no deal) until the season is over.

That's what I think. Could be the whisky talking though.....

no no, don't mind the Whiskey ...I'll take it. Thanks. Very uplifting thoughts. Hope dies last.

I would looooove it if our Club was like this because they are concocting something. Love it.

TheRev

First Grade
Agreed, completely gutless, pick a bloke and let him have complete control.

This pretty much smacks of Sheens not being 100% committed, but we took him anyway through desperation.

jenninga

First Grade
Agreed, completely gutless, pick a bloke and let him have complete control.

This pretty much smacks of Sheens not being 100% committed, but we took him anyway through desperation.

I see it more the club see Price is too nice a guy and Dragons tragic and desperately want to see him succeed.
The tough decision is needed and if a coaching director is appointed rather than a new head coach I would be totally p*ssed off.