What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters
Plus @BelloDragon don’t feel too outside, because this thread is attracting all kinds of us “riff raff” from other club forums trying to get the latest and sharing the sojourn with you.

We’ve seen fans of tigpies, sharks, eels, panthers, roosters, bunnies people etc all wanting to join in and support you guys.

It’s UN thread of the front row forum at the moment.

We’ve had genuine insider scoops as well. Way before media.

You should look into joining Jubilee Avenue. As an outsider, I can’t join and wouldn’t try it, but you would probably find some good stuff there.

gregstar

Referee
Waite was f*cked over by yet another ridiculous boardroom.

Sacked him on his birthday in '00 in the middle of the season because they still hadn't made a decision of who would be the coach at the beginning of the year which they had told both he & Farrah that they would.

A f*cking amateur hour back then just as it is today.

TruSaint

Referee
He was talking about '96 not '99

'96 was possibly the greatest coaching effort of the modern era.
When he started there was no CEO, half the board had quit, half the team was missing at other clubs and only a handful of players (if that) rocked up to the first training session.

Thanks mate. Yeah I remember 96. An amazing year.
I was there on GF day.
I now know what you are referring to.

justadragon

Bench
Are my sources correct in saying Dean Young was interviewed again today (for second time?) and that Flano has said to them he won’t be interviewed to go up against other contenders, his point being his record speaks for itself and if they want him they can approach him directly…. Doesn’t fill me with any confidence whatsoever
Where did you see this Twinkletoes because the last I read he was going to be interviewed. I dont know if I was in Flannos position I would be saying that, sounds a bit like a media BS.

BLM01

First Grade

Have to agree we need a premiership winning coach who has runs on the board. My choice would be Hasler then Flanagan.
Well Flanno got snubbed for the first round
I would laugh if he turned around and said bugger off you did not want me before..why now?
Or he says I will come on 1 condition
My staff for the football club..my way!. I want full control to build a future here
BOD stay out of football club decisions
That is where Griffin went wrong. He did not have full control and let others handle recruitment with a few wish list players thrown in. Yes he got his own assistants but he had lemons in the rest of football club support staff

BLM01

First Grade
Are my sources correct in saying Dean Young was interviewed again today (for second time?) and that Flano has said to them he won’t be interviewed to go up against other contenders, his point being his record speaks for itself and if they want him they can approach him directly…. Doesn’t fill me with any confidence whatsoever
Incorrect no rookies..as head coaches anyway now
Your souces may in part correct. Dont rule out Young for assistant

justadragon

Bench
Well Flanno got snubbed for the first round
I would laugh if he turned around and said bugger off you did not want me before..why now?
Or he says I will come on 1 condition
My staff for the football club..my way!. I want full control to build a future here
BOD stay out of football club decisions
That is where Griffin went wrong. He did not have full control and let others handle recruitment with a few wish list players thrown in. Yes he got his own assistants but he had lemons in the rest of football club support staff
Tend to agree with you BLM01, but he wants to coach desperately he might not be willing to play hardball, even though I hope he does. What a merry go round, surely they would have to be looking at Des as well.

gregstar

Referee
God the last decade and a bit has been deplorable.

I thought the Gumby Years of 87-90 were bad.

But we are now beyond it by a long long way.

Next thing you know other supporters will have us as their second team.
When that happens, death will have lost its sting.
Hell....it already has.