What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coaching preference for 2024

What are you hoping for in our next coaching appointment?

• Rookie Coach

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Premiership Winning Coach

Votes: 105 72.4%
  • NRL Experience coach with no Premiership wins

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Coach from Overseas

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • Extend Current coach

Votes: 8 5.5%

• Total voters

Phantom V

Juniors
The sticking point appears to be Doust and to a lesser extent Haran.

If Flanno is appointed it will be due to an agreement regarding Haran and what role he plays moving forward.

Every man and his dog knows we need an experienced coach, not a rookie. Most of the BOD are in agreement with this also. Flanno is the last experienced coach standing.

Just my take on things as they stand. They could appoint Young, but I think they already know the lack of support from the fans will only drive membership numbers down and any loss will be amplified as 'told you so'.

Anyway, it's our BOD, and they have no rhyme or reason to any decision they seem to make.
You’d think they’d know that in the best interests of self preservation ( for their jobs) Flannigan is the only option moving forward. I’m clinging to this theory but maybe it makes too much sense for our board.

RedV Resurgence

Juniors
The sticking point appears to be Doust and to a lesser extent Haran.

If Flanno is appointed it will be due to an agreement regarding Haran and what role he plays moving forward.

Every man and his dog knows we need an experienced coach, not a rookie. Most of the BOD are in agreement with this also. Flanno is the last experienced coach standing.

Just my take on things as they stand. They could appoint Young, but I think they already know the lack of support from the fans will only drive membership numbers down and any loss will be amplified as 'told you so'.

Anyway, it's our BOD, and they have no rhyme or reason to any decision they seem to make.

Absolutely, if the board appoints a rookie and it does not work, all hell will break loose and they will be solely responsible! If the go with an experienced coach, at least they can say we got the best available person to coach the Dragons.

They put themselves in a difficult position with the plan to appoint Ryles, if it didn't work the board would be responsible and they signed a contract for 4 or 5 years - further making their decision look terrible with the benefit of hindsight.

The Board need to go with the most qualified person available, this is governance 1.01. At this stage its Flanno.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Absolutely, if the board appoints a rookie and it does not work, all hell will break loose and they will be solely responsible! If the go with an experienced coach, at least they can say we got the best available person to coach the Dragons.

They put themselves in a difficult position with the plan to appoint Ryles, if it didn't work the board would be responsible and they signed a contract for 4 or 5 years - further making their decision look terrible with the benefit of hindsight.

The Board need to go with the most qualified person available, this is governance 1.01. At this stage its Flanno.
All true RVR, but, for heaven's sake, could the signing just be announced quickly instead of dragging on and on? I am pretty sure the delay is caused because the Board hopes that it makes them look like wise people deliberating carefully over their choice, but the reality is they just look like dithering idiots.

Phantom V

Juniors
All true RVR, but, for heaven's sake, could the signing just be announced quickly instead of dragging on and on? I am pretty sure the delay is caused because the Board hopes that it makes them look like wise people deliberating carefully over their choice, but the reality is they just look like dithering idiots.
Rumour has it the BOD took a full month to decide on what the biscuit of choice was for their meetings. Split down the middle between Tim Tams or Iced Vo Vos.
The casting vote went with Beril the tea lady and she went with the Vo Vos because the stripe reminded her of the red V

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Rumour has it the BOD took a full month to decide on what the biscuit of choice was for their meetings. Split down the middle between Tim Tams or Iced Vo Vos.
The casting vote went with Beril the tea lady and she went with the Vo Vos because the stripe reminded her of the red V
Personally I'd have gone with the Tim Tam's. Best biscuit in the world!

Gardenia

Juniors
There was a time when even Hooks coaching could have landed a premiership. I’m not concerned old Hasler isn’t in the running. The problem is we let flannagan get away with jack all when he came to ‘help’ us. Now we want to give him the top job? I just dunno…
I agree that not much changed when he was on our payroll.
why is that
a head coach swap isnt going to fix the Dragons
How can a new head coach say they want a new head of football when Haran is involved in the interview process?
This dragging on surely must be affecting the players also

Gardenia

Juniors

I think its all moved past that
Eyes are on the BOD now and if whoever they appoint does not work out
it will re-inforce the fact that the coach choice is not the issue.

Mojo

Bench
I think its all moved past that
Eyes are on the BOD now and if whoever they appoint does not work out
it will re-inforce the fact that the coach choice is not the issue.
and also the fact that the BOD need to bang their own heads against the wall until they collapse and can be dragged out to the nearest dumpster - except for Ben. (not that I know any of them from a bar of soap - except for Ben Creagh - I'm just joining in the fun).

thebigredv

First Grade
I agree that not much changed when he was on our payroll.
why is that
a head coach swap isnt going to fix the Dragons
How can a new head coach say they want a new head of football when Haran is involved in the interview process?
This dragging on surely must be affecting the players also
Yep.

Smug selfish heartless people at our club. Ruined it for the rest of us.