What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Coffs Harbour sex scandal revisited - Stateline NSW

ibeme

First Grade
Woods99 said:
From all available accounts, including the Stateline story, *edit*

From all available accounts, including this post, you're an idiot with absolutely no credibility.

Woods99 said:
Having sex, consensual or otherwise, in a public space at a 5 star hotel is grubby behaviour.

Grubby maybe, but people do it all the time.

Woods99 said:
Having sex, consensual or not, with a woman who has mental or emotional problems is also grubby behaviour.

You don't know if she has mental problems. You have no idea what her thought process is. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean she has mental or emotional issues. Players have girls throwing themselves at them all the time. Why would this situation have been any different to them? You obviously expect the players to be psychologists. Quite clearly you're stupid.

griff

Bench
Timmah said:
A story no-one has a right to. You have as much right to know what happened in 2004 as I do to know what you did last Friday night.

You should be directing your enquiries and allegations at the person/s responsible for leaking the information. It's not a Bulldogs issue any more aside from the fact the initial investigation was into their club and it's players.

Or as much right to know the details of how Steve Irwin died? You and I had no "right" to know that either.

They are public figures, so what they do is of interest to the public. What Bulldogs players get up to is of interest to the public, especially if there is a suggestion of some bad behaviour taking place.

Woods99

Juniors
ibeme said:
From all available accounts, including this post, you're an idiot with absolutely no credibility.

Grubby maybe, but people do it all the time.

You don't know if she has mental problems. You have no idea what her thought process is. Just because you don't understand it, doesn't mean she has mental or emotional issues. Players have girls throwing themselves at them all the time. Why would this situation have been any different to them? You obviously expect the players to be psychologists. Quite clearly you're stupid.

If she doesn't have mental or emotional problems, why did the whole thing arise in the first place?

She seems to have convinced a lot of people that she was raped. Why? How?

You must stay at different five star hotels to me. I have never seen anybody having sex in a public space within a five star hotel, anywhere, anytime.

I must be stupid. Please enlighten me, oh clever one, how many times have you seen people having sex in the swimming pool at a five star hotel. When, and where?

innsaneink

Referee
Woods99 said:
If she doesn't have mental or emotional problems, why did the whole thing arise in the first place?

You must stay at different five star hotels to me. I have never seen anybody having sex in a public space within a five star hotel, anywhere, anytime.

I must be stupid. Please enlighten me, oh clever one, how many times have you seen people having sex in the swimming pool at a five star hotel. When, and where?

What the f**k does your percieved mental or emotional problems of the woman have to do with anything?

You dont have to be mental or emotional to be raped.

Just like you dont have to be mental and or emotional to do a few footy players...possibly while pissed, and then feel maybe used afterwards and decide to get vindictive.

mattyg

Bench
innsaneink said:
What the f**k does your percieved mental or emotional problems of the woman have to do with anything?

Just like you dont have to be mental and or emotional to do a few footy players...possibly while pissed, and then feel maybe used afterwards and decide to get vindictive.

:clap:

ibeme

First Grade
Woods99 said:

Only she can answer that. Anything I say would be purely speculation, just as anything you say is. She may well have issues, but it's certainly not conclusive. And even if she did, the players aren't psychologists. They'd have girls throwing themselves all the time. What would make this one any different to them?

Woods99 said:

Who? Breton? He's the only one I've seen who believed her, despite the evdence. That's one.

She certainly didn't convince the initial investigation team if they came to the conclusion within 48 hours that she wasn't raped. Some of those in that initial investigation wanted to charge her.

Woods99 said:

You certainly are stupid. Have you heard of the term exhibitionist in sexual terms? Ever heard of people having sex in public places because it gives them a thrill. Ever heard of the mile high club? Ever heard of people having sex on the beach?

The pool cleaner at the hotel - one of the witnesses who was interviewed - said that when he approached the pool and realised what was going on, he clanged the gate so they would know he was approaching. He said that it was nothing unusual to find people in that position in the early hours of the morning, and clanging the gate is his way of letting them know that someone is around.

Just because you haven't seen it, doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Only a complete idiot would think otherwise.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
griff said:
Or as much right to know the details of how Steve Irwin died? You and I had no "right" to know that either.

They are public figures, so what they do is of interest to the public. What Bulldogs players get up to is of interest to the public, especially if there is a suggestion of some bad behaviour taking place.

No I don't have a right to the details of Steve's death, nor would I demand to. That's my point.

Ink - that has to be one of the best posts I've seen grace these boards in a while. Extremely well said :clap:

Woods99

Juniors
innsaneink said:

In my original post, which was edited, I said that either she had been sexually assaulted OR she had mental/emotional problems.

It is hardly rational behaviour to have sex in or near a swimming pool at a luxury hotel with one or more men, and then to complain soon after that you have been assaulted. Is it?

If she was in a rational mental state (or even alcohol-affected) she is hardly likely to have made the transition so quickly from happy participant in a sexual romp to dishevelled, crying, "victim". She didn't complain next day, or a week later, but an hour or so after the grubby events of which she complained took place.

She was either wacky, or something unlawful happened. If she was wacky, the players' behaviour was abhorrent.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Woods99 said:
She was either wacky, or something unlawful happened. If she was wacky, the players' behaviour was abhorrent.

It appears you have finally grasped the fact that no rape occurred and you now making claims she was taken advantage of due to some perceived 'mental condition'. If that were the case it would certainly be a sexual assault as the law in fact protects minors and people dimished mental capacity. However no charges were forthcoming for that particualr scenario so your stance is without credence.

Timmah

Staff member
Woods99 said:
In my original post, which was edited, I said that either she had been sexually assaulted OR she had mental/emotional problems.

It is hardly rational behaviour to have sex in or near a swimming pool at a luxury hotel with one or more men, and then to complain soon after that you have been assaulted. Is it?

If she was in a rational mental state (or even alcohol-affected) she is hardly likely to have made the transition so quickly from happy participant in a sexual romp to dishevelled, crying, "victim". She didn't complain next day, or a week later, but an hour or so after the grubby events of which she complained took place.

Again, you're assuming something happened and assuming you know the exact event details. The only one with any perceived emotional or mental problems here seems to be you. You want the Bulldogs players to be guilty of something that evidence has cleared them of doing, by the sounds of things anyway. Is that what you really want for the game? Or do you want innocent people "brought to justice" for something they are not guilty of?

Either way, I'm question your sanity more than hers.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Once again the reason this has been resurrected is so that there is justice for all the real victims. The bulldogs and their supporters and the police who have had their careers ruined by senior police who for what ever reason refused to believe there was no case even though the DPP said so.

Timmah

Staff member
gunnamatta bay, there won't be justice for those supporters, players and fans who've had to endure years of being called rapists. That can't be erased with the stroke of a newspaper article. It won't be erased in the future as the damage is done. The best we've got is knowing the truth and remembering when we hear these jibes that we shouldn't take it seriously, and we know the ultimate truth, that our boys, our club, is innocent.

griff

Bench
Timmah said:
No I don't have a right to the details of Steve's death, nor would I demand to. That's my point.

Exactly, we don't have a "right" to know, but we are interested. The millions of posts and countless news articles and television specials show that we are interested.

ibeme

First Grade
Woods99 said:

You just don't get it do you?

There are many more possibilities than the two you are giving. She may have thought she could make some money out of it. She may have felt rejected, or used, or upset for some other reason. She may have been vindictive. And, she may have been mentally disturbed.

If she was wacky, the players' behaviour was abhorrent.

This is one of the dumbest statements you've come up with. You're suggesting that if she did have mental problems, that it would have been obvious for all to see. Do you think she would have been wearing a 'wacky' sign to let people know that she was mentally disturbed? Do you think the players should have made her take a psych test prior to taking things any further?

The thing that you don't seem to be able to grasp, is that people have sex all the time. I'm starting to think that it's something that you're yet to experience judging by your attitude. Famous people of all walks have groupies. They have girls that throw themselves at them. There are girls who like the attention of more than one guy. If you switched off your net nanny, you'd be able to see just how popular such activities are in the world. Perfectly normal people have sexual fantasies and desires and fetishes. It doesn't mean that they're mentally disturbed.

ibeme

First Grade
griff said:
Exactly, we don't have a "right" to know, but we are interested. The millions of posts and countless news articles and television specials show that we are interested.

Steve Irwin died. That's a fact that cannot be disputed. It'd not damaging to anybody's reputation or lives to report a tragic accident.

Reporting allegations of a disgraceful crime may not technically be defamation, but it can be just as damaging. It benefits nobody other than the media to report allegations. Innocent lives can be destroyed on baseless allegations. Who deserves that? Who benefits out of that? It's not in the public's interest to know. The public aren't going to be disadvantaged by not knowing until the facts are clear. The Bulldogs club lost millions of dollars in sponshorship thanks largely to the way this case was handled by the media.

Timmah

Staff member
I can't help but noticed the load of gooses who've jumped on this over the years are particularly quiet on this now... perhaps they've learned their lesson... and maybe it's time for the current lot to follow in those footsteps. The fact that anyone is defending anything here is depressing. We should all be on the same page when it comes to ridding this from league, but some people just can't help themselves.

ibeme

First Grade
Timmah said:
I can't help but noticed the load of gooses who've jumped on this over the years are particularly quiet on this now... perhaps they've learned their lesson... and maybe it's time for the current lot to follow in those footsteps. The fact that anyone is defending anything here is depressing. We should all be on the same page when it comes to ridding this from league, but some people just can't help themselves.

Woods99 is an RU troll who has been deathriding Rugby League for ages. He's truely saddened by the realisation that the players are innocent. He wants them to be guilty. That's why I don't have any problem hurling abuse at him and questioning his intelligence. Anyone sick enough to want these allegations to be true because it's good for RU deserves all the criticism they get.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
ibeme said:
Woods99 is an RU troll who has been death riding Rugby League for ages. He's truly saddened by the realisation that the players are innocent. He wants them to be guilty. That's why I don't have any problem hurling abuse at him and questioning his intelligence. Anyone sick enough to want these allegations to be true because it's good for RU deserves all the criticism they get.

The real truth comes out. Anything to damage the reputation of rugby league. His arguments are puerile. I think you have been quite patient BTW.

Timmah

Staff member
Attempting to damage the reputation of league on a league forum, being a union person... ranks among the stupidest things I've seen. In the category of the International push of AFL, the throwing of ones self at a brick wall, and saying the word "bomb" on a plane.