What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Col thread?

bluebag43

Juniors
I don't know but a Press release from the Club has just announced the appointment of Paul Young as next year's Premier League Coach. Paul has coached the Parra Jersey Flegg side for the past 2 years!

what happened to shane flannagan who coached the Roosters premier league team - maybe an assistant to stuart in first grade?

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Parramatta in any form whatsoever is in my books laying down with the devil, crucify me for saying that but thats how much I dislike anything relevant OR pertaining to THAT club!
Newtown to the death!

greg

Juniors
Did Col Murphy apply for the job? No disrespect to Paul Young, I know nothing of him but if Col applied for the job how the hell could they give it to someone else? Col has done a brilliant job over the years with limited talent. Throw some talent in like this year and we were two games from being premiers!

Jeffles

Bench
Murph did apply for the job.

As for the Col thread, readers should be under no misconceptions. This is not an independent forum.

I would like to express my praise for the work Col has done. His achievements while at Newtown, winning more trophies than any other coach at this club with less resources than any other coach, makes him, in my mind, the greatest coach the club ever had.

Let's hope Paul can continue Col's legacy.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Sad to think that Col was only given a 3 line footnote in the media release?. No amount of money could ever buy the knowledge,experience & passion that Colin Murphy now takes with him. Sad day indeed!

greg

Juniors
colcaseysheadband said:
Very ,very dissappointed by the leaving of Colin Murphy ,the man was the living ,walking definition of the spirit of Newtown.

I totally agree.

well, to have a coach that was a direct link to the glory days of rugby league, to be replaced by someone from a rival team, is a feat that only the Roosters could pull off

Henson

Juniors
you can be assured there are many unhappy jets fans out there,the press release explained nothing,Cols owed more than that.And sponsers too!!

Bluebag

Juniors
It is unfortunate that Col missed out but life goes on he has been an important cog in the history of Newtown but no single person is more important than the future of the club. Col will still be out there supporting the club as he has done his entire life and would expect others to still enjoy the sight of seeing that royal blue jersey running around. There were those who were hesitant of the Jets-Sharks arrangement and it had a positive outcome and there is nothing to say the Jets-Roosters arrangement will not be the same.

newtownbluebags

Post Whore
Nostalgia changes nothing, Col is the man! Supporters may have been hesitant at the Jets - Sharks arrangement but the team at that stage had not been turned on it head!!!
Also that "single person" has given Newtown more hope and glory in the last decade + than many would care to remember!
I'm sure though that East's new man will be able to educate all those Roosters about the myths and ledgends of the Newtown RLFC, he will also, no doubt, be able to break into rousing renditions of the clubs various songs!, imbue the players with a sense of history etc, etc, etc! take time to talk to fans and all, you know all those things were use to? Yes a Bluebag right down to the blue and gold bootstraps no doubt!

Will Col have anything to do with the running of the club? Or any of the teams?
It seems a shame for all that passion to just leave the club. It would be good for him to get on the board maybe?
I'll reserve judgement on the new coach.