What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Combined Brothers bid

oikee

Juniors
Brisbane needs another two teams.
Brothers and Bombers should both get in, sooner rather than later.
Even if the Sharks or Tigers had to relocate, that would make 3 Brisbane teams.
We need a game played every Friday night in Brisbane, so if we only get one expansion team, then we still only have 1 game in Brisbane each week.
I have been thinking about this a lot over the last 5 months or so. Brisbane really needs two game each weekend in Brisbane, plus we need another stadium built.
3 codes cant keep up the use of suncorp, and if we get another team or two, that will mean 5 teams playing out of Suncorp, plus internationals, plus concerts.

Once you start thinking about growth, you need to plan all these things before you just go headlong into it and find out your struggling to even have a pitch right .

Something trivial, Queensland exported 200 millions tons of coal last year.
Gas is coming online next year.
Now is the time to start planning new stadiums, for Canberra, Townsville Brisbane and Sydney.
Once the NRL flicks the trigger for expansion, we will need new stadiums built.

3 codes cant keep playing out of 3 stadiums here and in Sydney, one is round.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Seems to me from Brisbane people have said any new club has to have an identity and connection to that Ipswich region and preferably grass roots connections to offer an alternative to the Broncos. Not sure Brothers have that regional connection? Maybe the a western Corridor bid is the dark horse?

Perth Red

Post Whore
True but will they have enough identity with that area for the locals to see them as their team and get on board? If they were based at that brothers club it would help maybe but isn't that the club that is part of the west corridor bid? One of the concerns of this bid for me is they could be so generic no one beyond their fraternities identifies with them.

oikee

Juniors
True but will they have enough identity with that area for the locals to see them as their team and get on board? If they were based at that brothers club it would help maybe but isn't that the club that is part of the west corridor bid? One of the concerns of this bid for me is they could be so generic no one beyond their fraternities identifies with them.

I dont think it will make any difference to fans. They all want a second Brisbane team, it could be called the rugrats and people will still want to follow that team. By introducing the Brothers and if they are successful will give you a bigger support base because of the past foundations laid by Brisbane Brothers who played in the BRL comp before the Broncos came along.

It is a bit like Origin, the people just want a club to battle against the Broncos, they feel cheated and wont support until they have a team, any team, could be called the moon muppets.

I also think that one team is not enough.
Brisbane really needs at least 3 teams.
Just having one extra team still only gives you one game every week in Brisbane, leagues heartland. I would like to see another team so we can have saturday games and Sunday games as well once every two weeks.

The game has been neglected for way too long.
NZ has got to get another team as well. They are now on a knive-edge for support, they need competition to make them stronger.
The code has been asleep at the wheel for long enough.
Perth is also a must.
The game needs either 4 new teams, or, two Sydney teams to merge or fold.
Once that is in place the game will thrive, until these hard decisions are made, we will flounder around like a fish outta water.
Dave smith has got to make the tough calls.

georgesnmith

Juniors

western coridoor has its own identity issues re logan v ipswich and use of the jets logo

brisbane is crying out for another team

tbh i think any bid thats accepted will be getting a minimum of 30k each week

georgesnmith

Juniors
I dont think it will make any difference to fans. They all want a second Brisbane team, it could be called the rugrats and people will still want to follow that team. By introducing the Brothers and if they are successful will give you a bigger support base because of the past foundations laid by Brisbane Brothers who played in the BRL comp before the Broncos came along.

It is a bit like Origin, the people just want a club to battle against the Broncos, they feel cheated and wont support until they have a team, any team, could be called the moon muppets.

I also think that one team is not enough.
Brisbane really needs at least 3 teams.
Just having one extra team still only gives you one game every week in Brisbane, leagues heartland. I would like to see another team so we can have saturday games and Sunday games as well once every two weeks.

The game has been neglected for way too long.
NZ has got to get another team as well. They are now on a knive-edge for support, they need competition to make them stronger.
The code has been asleep at the wheel for long enough.
Perth is also a must.
The game needs either 4 new teams, or, two Sydney teams to merge or fold.
Once that is in place the game will thrive, until these hard decisions are made, we will flounder around like a fish outta water.
Dave smith has got to make the tough calls.

agreed with pretty all of that except the sydney clubs.

CQ Italia

Juniors
having high leagues club member doesn't mean 30k every week as experienced with sydney clubs.... Brothers will get little support in regional QLD aisde from the brothers people (not many regional people go to nrl games in brisbane), they are like NSW to Queenslanders

See them start up a QLD Cup bid for 2015 or 2016 and see if 10,000 will go :)

oikee

Juniors
No matter which way we look at this, Sydney will have to shead two teams. The game cant expand until this happens.
The only other way for Sydney teams to be saved will be a relegation system, for only the Sydney teams,

Outside that , the game will die if we dont cut two Sydney teams,. well the Sharks might be dead by Xmas anyhow.
Playing Monday nights, being flogged by 40 every week, and yet to pay their bills for asada trail.

How far backwards is the code willing to go, losing fans, losing women and kids from attending Monday night footy having to watch the sharkies beaten by 40, losing veiwers, who is going to be watching this rubbish, for the first time in four years i turned off Monday night to watch Miss Marple.

How far is the game willing to go, punish other clubs with crowd averages going backwards because they have to play the sharks on Monday night footy.

Buy a big mincer and turn the sharks into cheap fishcakes and give back to the fans.

taipan

Referee
No matter which way we look at this, Sydney will have to shead two teams. The game cant expand until this happens.
The only other way for Sydney teams to be saved will be a relegation system, for only the Sydney teams,

Outside that , the game will die if we dont cut two Sydney teams,. well the Sharks might be dead by Xmas anyhow.
Playing Monday nights, being flogged by 40 every week, and yet to pay their bills for asada trail.

How far backwards is the code willing to go, losing fans, losing women and kids from attending Monday night footy having to watch the sharkies beaten by 40, losing veiwers, who is going to be watching this rubbish, for the first time in four years i turned off Monday night to watch Miss Marple.

How far is the game willing to go, punish other clubs with crowd averages going backwards because they have to play the sharks on Monday night footy.

Buy a big mincer and turn the sharks into cheap fishcakes and give back to the fans.

With 8 first graders out of action,what did you expect the Shark's to do?Decimate the dogs?

You had been harping on about removing the Sharks,on the Rah for ages Oikee.Nothing has changed.Try to get the Titans up to standard with crowds and even the Cows,before suggesting other Sydney clubs be axed.Typical Qlder not thinking of long time fans .

georgesnmith

Juniors
queensland nrl crowds are weak

cowboys have lost around 6k, titans are down 9k and the broncos at 33k is a joke for a city with one team.

papabear

Juniors
Their crowd avg last year was higher than six Sydney teams, not sure what you're laughing at?

Lol, you actually believe there crowd figures, there stadium is more empty then anz which is 3/4 times the size yet they post bigger numbers.

Not to mention they draw zero fans away because they have no fans.

Just because they are from qld doesn't mean they should be immune from criticism.

They are right down the bottom with the sharks / manly and Easts in terms off what they bring to the league but atleast manly and Easts have been successful and the sharks have the asada excuse.

They had potential but there boss pissed off half the construction industry (the main industry with tourism on the gc) with the centre of excellence debacle, they are now in the toilet where they put themselves.