What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Come and play for a real trophy - If you are game.

LOL what the hell does the old World Series Cricket have to do with the World Club Challenge lol Just when you think you have these dropkicks figured out they drop gems like that.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Good luck with the WCC. I hope you guys win it or else your first Premiership trophy is going to be very lonely for a long time.

You'd know all about that wouldn't you? What was it? 75 then 02 and 5 GF losses in amongst that till the present?

We have 1 premiership in 11 years or 2 premierships in 31 years depending on how you look at it.

Roosters have 2 premierships in 35 years. Comments like the one you just said don't really hold water in comparison to your club anymore.

CMUX

You'd know all about that wouldn't you? What was it? 75 then 02 and 5 GF losses in amongst that till the present?

We have 1 premiership in 11 years or 2 premierships in 31 years depending on how you look at it.

Roosters have 2 premierships in 35 years. Comments like the one you just said don't really hold water in comparison to your club anymore.

I am a half full bloke so i prefer to look at it as 1 premiership EVER :D

Ozzy

First Grade

Try reading my post again. I said your first Premiership. Your joint venture didn't exist 11 years ago, let alone 31 years ago.

Fien

Juniors
Even though it was their first, the Dragons have a better record than the Fowl over the past 11 years - they have won 1 out of 2 appearances - 50% strike rate. The Fowl are 1 from 5 out of the same period - 20% strike rate

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And come back at me all you like about our record over the same period. I don't care. At least we are not failures on the big stage.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Try reading my post again. I said your first Premiership. Your joint venture didn't exist 11 years ago, let alone 31 years ago.

Which is exactly why I said whichever way you want to look at it. You have 1 premiership in 34 years (and 5 failures), we have 1 in 11 (and one failure). If you want to look at the past 11 years, you have won 1 from 5, we've won 1 from 2.

If you combine the history of Dragons prior to the merger, it still doesn't bode well in comparison for the Roosters.

Again, I re-iterate, it's a bit rich for you to come out with comments like you did. Your failure record is actually worse than ours now.

Last edited:

Fien

Juniors
Again, I re-iterate, it's a bit rich for you to come out with comments like you did. Your failure record is actually worse than ours now.

Well, you guys have actually got the same failure record since your "previous" premiership - if we do go along for the ride an say that you have won 15 beforehand.

Both of you have won 1 since the 70s and lost 5.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ozzy

First Grade
Well, you guys have actually got the same failure record since your "previous" premiership - if we do go along for the ride an say that you have won 15 beforehand.

And Souths have won....... :lol:

Firey_Dragon

Coach

It's certainly no Souths making the finals once in what is it, 22 or 23 years now? I've lost count. If you look at it that way, your success rate is much better. It's 0 from 0, which is technically 100%

melon....

Coach
Which is exactly why I said whichever way you want to look at it. You have 1 premiership in 34 years (and 5 failures), we have 1 in 11 (and one failure). If you want to look at the past 11 years, you have won 1 from 5, we've won 1 from 2.

If you combine the history of Dragons prior to the merger, it still doesn't bode well in comparison for the Roosters.

Tell it to the moron wearing (at the GF) the White sheet with red writing "11 in a row" what planet is he living on? The Illawarra socks were gifted their first. Whats this 11 in a row bullsh*t?

Whats rich is your record with Archer.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Tell it to the moron wearing (at the GF) the White sheet with red writing "11 in a row" what planet is he living on? The Illawarra socks were gifted their first. Whats this 11 in a row bullsh*t?

illawarra wore red socks...

the 2010 premiers wore white socks...

Firey_Dragon

Coach

What's rich is your record against us. We average 26 points and you lot average 8 points over the last 5 games. ;-)

adamkungl

Immortal
Even though it was their first, the Dragons have a better record than the Fowl over the past 11 years - they have won 1 out of 2 appearances - 50% strike rate. The Fowl are 1 from 5 out of the same period - 20% strike rate

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

And come back at me all you like about our record over the same period. I don't care. At least we are not failures on the big stage.

Souffs wouldn't remember what the big stage looks like

Firey_Dragon

Coach
with archer farknuts

You were outplayed, no point denying it. It just makes coping with the loss just that little bit harder. I know all about it, it happened in 99, except we deserved to lose for that 2nd half performance in 99, and so did you this year.

Last edited:

RWB

Bench
Pretty sure Souths got a taste of the big stage in '07, anyone remember the score?

RedVDave

First Grade
Eve

Souths are failures full stop if the charity shield and wooden spoon didn't excist you would not have had anything in your trophy cabinent for what 40 years?

Oh and at least Saints & Easts actually make GF's and semi's it's a pretty good feeling be part of September ...not that you would know MYXOMATOSIS!