What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Commentary during the Olympics?

Usain Bolt

Bench
So I've heard Hadley, Voss and Rabs are going to London

So who will be commentating the NRL games while they are gone, has Ch 9 confirmed anyone yet?

Bretto

Bench
I heard Phil Rothfield and Dean "Bulldog" Ritchie are going to be commentating with Michael Slater.

Seriously though, I think Sterlo may be doing some. And in the fair dinkum department, I like Sterlo, I think he's one of the best analytical reporters on the Sunday Footy show etc, but talking isn't his strong point. He usually trips up on words every 2 or 3 sentences. Calling a whole game I think could be pretty painful.

Last edited:

aads

Juniors
I heard Vossy isn't going for the weightlifting now - but Sterlo is doing Sunday night so my guess is as good as yours

Seriously it doesn't pay in this world to say what you think if the one getting offended has the bosses ear does it!!?

Ads

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Sterlo and Vossy will be the two primary comms I believe.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You'd be right, apologies:

Nine’s expert commentary team for London 2012 includes nine Olympic gold medallists, revered former Olympic athletes, and distinguished sports broadcasters, who will call all the action. The Wide World of Sports exclusive swimming commentary team comprises Olympic gold medallists Grant Hackett and Giaan Rooney plus Ray Warren, Australia’s most accomplished sports commentator.
The Olympic commentary team includes James Tomkins (Rowing), Kerri Pottharst (Beach Volleyball), Scott McGrory (Cycling), Debbie Watson (Water Polo), Andrew Gaze (Basketball), Jane Flemming (Athletics), Melinda Gainsford Taylor (Athletics), Michael Slater (Diving), Andrew Voss (Weightlifting), James Brayshaw (Rowing) and Eddie McGuire (Marathon and Triathlon).

http://molkstvtalk.com/featured/channel9s-london-2012-olympic-games-broadcast/

That said this was written in March and Hackett's obviously off that team now... not sure on Voss's role whether he's kept it.

Big Sam

First Grade
Was tonight's game seriously Ravs' last before the Olympics? They begin in 3 weeks! Is he heading over there early or something because of his fear of flying?

Usain Bolt

Bench
Was tonight's game seriously Ravs' last before the Olympics? They begin in 3 weeks! Is he heading over there early or something because of his fear of flying?

yep heard during Origin they said he was going by boat:lol:

Hope its one of those container ships lol