What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comp could be down to 5 chances?

Didgi

:lol:mad:50uff$ fan thinking Souffs can win the NRL comp.

Really annoyed how NQ are performing. Michael Parker-Walshe has been going great though!

overandout

Juniors
Melbourne just get better each week. They are going to be tough.

Off what I saw last weekend Raiders would beat Storm if they could run a full strength team.

Take the 2 gift tries away and they did not much against a depleted Raiders side at home.

Come the 17 July we will find out.

footynut1

Juniors
:lol:mad:50uff$ fan thinking Souffs can win the NRL comp.

Really annoyed how NQ are performing. Michael Parker-Walshe has been going great though![/QUOTE

i share your pain didgi.. however we will see the best of this talent soon i think, agree parker-walshe has been a stand out and off contract this year too, hope we resign him. (i did hear the bunnies are sniffing)

Last edited:

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Off what I saw last weekend Raiders would beat Storm if they could run a full strength team.

Take the 2 gift tries away and they did not much against a depleted Raiders side at home.

Gift trys count because it means your opposition made mistakes.
The Storm team in the last couple of outings, while not depleted, have had a few changes, a few young ones coming on from SG ball, a few position changes, so could be argued it hasn't been a 'full strength' side either but pretty good for all that & still managed to win well. A few more games together would see even more improvement. Still a couple of last season's players to come back from injury as well, so all in all quite a bit of depth and skill for Dean Pay to play around with - hope he doesn't play too much though.

overandout

Juniors
Gift trys count because it means your opposition made mistakes.
The Storm team in the last couple of outings, while not depleted, have had a few changes, a few young ones coming on from SG ball, a few position changes, so could be argued it hasn't been a 'full strength' side either but pretty good for all that & still managed to win well. A few more games together would see even more improvement. Still a couple of last season's players to come back from injury as well, so all in all quite a bit of depth and skill for Dean Pay to play around with - hope he doesn't play too much though.

Oh mate they are a good team no doubt and I think Dean Pay would also be quite a good coach and if they do have improvement in them they will be awfully hard to beat.

But I would still be leaning towards the Raiders matching it with them at full strength.

You have to remember that Raiders lost both halves (replacement ones at that) and still held solid.

Take away the gift trys and you have 12 all result so for mine Storm failed to really put a team away that had lost its replacement 6 and 7 so you could say the Raiders have done rather well in the circumstances also depending what side of the fence you are on.

ozbash

Referee
The Storm are building the same way the Warriors were last year.

The only teams who look like getting close are the Cowboys or Warriors.

isaiah

Bench

i'm guessing the bulldogs will be too strong tonight for the raiders without williams

Noa

First Grade
Take away the gift trys and you have 12 all result so for mine Storm failed to really put a team away that had lost its replacement 6 and 7 so you could say the Raiders have done rather well in the circumstances also depending what side of the fence you are on.

If only football worked like that.

Im told they were already thinking about Mooseheads when they heard Wighton was out.

souths really do hang by a thread because of james roberts..possibly why he has been named closer to the action this week.

Ha'angana is a talent as well...as well as tongahai

bit clueless with nyc this year...watched alot last year but failing to find the team

overandout

Juniors
If only football worked like that.

Im told they were already thinking about Mooseheads when they heard Wighton was out.

Yeah I know it don't work like that but you know what I mean.

They well may have been thinking of Mooseheads is right:lol:they all have to drink like they are Rock Stars:crazy:

ozbash

Referee
souths really do hang by a thread because of james roberts..possibly why he has been named closer to the action this week.

Ha'angana is a talent as well...as well as tongahai

bit clueless with nyc this year...watched alot last year but failing to find the team

think you might be missing Dave Kidwell too

Like the look of the tigers at the moment. Since Sironen and Miller have been the halves combination they are looking better each week. They will make the 8 and give teams above them plently to worry about. The tigers also have a very big and strong pack.

MacDougall

First Grade
We will see in three weeks who the best team is because the Tigers are against the Storm. Expect the Tigers to face them after 6 straight wins. The Tigers also already beat the Warriors this year and that was before their run of wins. They've actually only lost 3 games this year from 10 so they are certainly hard to beat.

isaiah

Bench
On form, are melb, nz, bulldogs, cowboys, and the sharks the only ones who can win this comp this season?

i think we can safely scratch the sharks off this list if stewart mills stays in the nrl side, aybe the knights may make a run now to be the 5th chance

After seeing the Warriors demolish the Rabbitohs in a 62-6 thrashing. I know for sure that we are already in the finals. Our players are oozing with talent and some of them are future first-graders for sure.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
so they should've thrashed the rabbits when you look at table positions - don't think that is any great indication IMO. however, the Warriors are definitely up there. a lot of FG players in the squad?? I've said it before, success at this level doesn't always translate into FG, especially for our big maori & polynesian boys.
personally I get sick of the bullyboy tactics some of them use - yes, it intimidates and it's winning them some games at this level but this tends to even up once they get to FG level & they are going to need more than that in games where the top 2 inches are important.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
personally I get sick of the bullyboy tactics some of them use - yes, it intimidates and it's winning them some games at this level but this tends to even up once they get to FG level & they are going to need more than that in games where the top 2 inches are important.

Bullyboy tactics is a bit harsh, but I agree with Warriors junior side does tend to rely on their raw strength and size advantage to dominate opposition sides at this level, and it's not necessarily giving them the best grounding for NRL. It's also why they got shown up by the Storm, who play structured, disciplined footy even at this level.