What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

Apey

Staff member
I might also be a dumb merkin, but I honestly believe he is just a really dumb f**ker more so than a racist. I think he was just too stupid to realise. He has a history of the red mist seizing up the hamster wheel in his head.
It's pretty obvious he's got nothing happening upstairs but I don't know if I really buy him not being aware. I don't think he'd have used the same insult for a white player, for example.

Munky

Coach
It is the go to slur to use against pro sports persons.

The Europeans are f**ked at soccer matches.

The AFL and Cricket Australia had their reckonings and failed miserably. The Goodes and Symonds incidents were disgraceful.

soc123_au

Staff member
It's pretty obvious he's got nothing happening upstairs but I don't know if I really buy him not being aware. I don't think he'd have used the same insult for a white player, for example.
Didn't consider that tbh. The other bit that is puzzling about the whole thing is he was in the squad when Naden got called the same thing a few years ago. and would have seen the aftermath. That just adds weight to the IQ matching the jersey no.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I might also be a dumb merkin, but I honestly believe he is just a really dumb f**ker more so than a racist. I think he was just too stupid to realise. He has a history of the red mist seizing up the hamster wheel in his head.
I reckon he's a shithouse guy. He wouldn't call a white guy a monkey, so at the end of the day he is racist. I don't buy the countless cries of (not from you though) "but he does this in the community". etc. etc.

His behaviour throughout this ordeal has been rank - from his comments to his smug smirks through the airport while that long faced wench in Roosters clothing was petting him on the back. "It's alright darl". He's got those evil eyes that resemble pissholes in the snow.

Penrith knew to rid him.

RedVee

First Grade
This slur is so bad because for a couple of centuries the black peoples around the world have been called that indicating that they are sub-human.

It’s terrible slur and unfortunately we still see it across sporting fields and I’m sure it happens where we can’t see it.

Canard

Immortal
Also fails to take into account that they're not actually the same race.
Simpsons Thats The Joke GIF

Valheru

Coach
I’m not too fussed at what punishment he gets (4, 6, 12 weeks) I just hope the judiciary can ignore all the outside noise and come up with a fair and just punishment - not what Latrell thinks is fair. Purely out of interest, I’d like a journo to ask Latrell if he thinks it’s worse than his shot on Manu which ended his season resulting in just a 6 week suspension for him despite priors.
Call me cynical but I reckon he will get 8 weeks.

That makes him available round 10, one week after we play the broncos in Brisbane where the NRL will not want Spencer anywhere near the stadium.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Call me cynical but I reckon he will get 8 weeks.

That makes him available round 10, one week after we play the broncos in Brisbane where the NRL will not want Spencer anywhere near the stadium.

NRL will want Spencer all over this game.. They are about the $, this will rate better than almost any regular season game all year..

blaza88z

Coach
A written statement that was very obviously written for him to read, you don't go from "fun and games" to a heartfelt apology.

They'll come down hard on him because they have to make an example out of him, there's too much at stake to just give him a slap on the wrist. It could very easily divide the game if it's not a decent punishment. He will be the target of every indigenous player in the game, of that I have no doubt.

A written statement that was very obviously written for him to read, you don't go from "fun and games" to a heartfelt apology.

They'll come down hard on him because they have to make an example out of him, there's too much at stake to just give him a slap on the wrist. It could very easily divide the game if it's not a decent punishment. He will be the target of every indigenous player in the game, of that I have no doubt.
The judiciary shouldn’t be dispensing punishment based off that but I imagine it will influence them, unfortunately. Mind you, if Spencer kept his mouth shut, we wouldn’t be here.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
They really have to learn better slurs. Leave race out of it.

Your hair looks like shit.

You are bald.

I heard you have a tiny penis.

Man you are fat.

Did your sister teach you to run.

Hundreds better than that, but the idea is to get reaction. Play to the ego. They all have one.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
The Brisbane Broncos acknowledge the statement from the Sydney Roosters today addressing an incident involving our player Ezra Mam in last weekend's game.

The Broncos acknowledge Spencer's apology to Ezra and the importance of taking that step. There is no place for racism in our game or in our society.

The Club respects the NRL Judiciary process that is still to play out and we will make no further comment on that.

Ezra's wellbeing has been our primary concern from the start. He has been well-supported within our club and we will continue to focus on that in the time ahead.

Latest posts