What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complaint of racial abuse in Roosters v Broncos

Vlad59

Bench

I just saw the nsw premier say straight faced that what Kerr said wasn't racist.

f**k me.

They are queuing up mate. Without any context of how the incident occurred or the behaviour of Kerr during the incident she’s innocent. Albo, Minns. Ffs what a joke

skeepe

Immortal
The Brisbane Broncos acknowledge the statement from the Sydney Roosters today addressing an incident involving our player Ezra Mam in last weekend's game.

The Broncos acknowledge Spencer's apology to Ezra and the importance of taking that step. There is no place for racism in our game or in our society.

The Club respects the NRL Judiciary process that is still to play out and we will make no further comment on that.

Ezra's wellbeing has been our primary concern from the start. He has been well-supported within our club and we will continue to focus on that in the time ahead.

Interesting, they just said on Fox League that the Broncos accepted the apology, but reading this statement all they have done is acknowledge it.

That’s something Fox have a duty to get right because there’s a huge difference.

Interesting, they just said on Fox League that the Broncos accepted the apology, but reading this statement all they have done is acknowledge it.

That’s something Fox have a duty to get right because there’s a huge difference.
Trying to think of the last time I saw ‘Fox’ and ‘duty’ in the same sentence

kurt faulk

Coach

Wayne Bennett weighs in.

However, Dolphins coach Bennett called for calm and common sense over the Leniu situation and the potential penalty.

“We are not a racist game,” Bennett said via the Courier Mail.

“The game doesn’t have to take a strong stand on this. The game has always taken a stand on racism. It’s bulls**t to think otherwise.

“We don’t tolerate racism in our game and we have always included all races – we can all be one in rugby league. It happens very irregularly in our game.

“I am proud of the game and I am proud of the way we as clubs conduct ourselves, regardless of what race you are.

“All the drama queens should stay out of the argument.”

Didn't consider that tbh. The other bit that is puzzling about the whole thing is he was in the squad when Naden got called the same thing a few years ago. and would have seen the aftermath. That just adds weight to the IQ matching the jersey no.
He would need to wear Tedesco's jersey for the number to match his IQ.

Danish

Referee
am guessing this incident is a good indication why Penrith were happy to let him go

yeah Penrith don’t stand for racism.

I mean, imagine if one of their players gave a Batman speech laced with N bombs or something. They’d be beside themselves

bazza

Immortal

I mean, imagine if one of their players gave a Batman speech laced with N bombs or something. They’d be beside themselves
I imagine if Penrith let all their Spencer Leniu level IQ players go they might struggle to get a team out most weeks

Vee

First Grade
As an ethnicly ambiguous person I’ve copped it from all sides. Whether being called a convict, a Mediterranean Descendant and a (insert slur term for Aboriginal).
I had a pommy copper mate who told me, "I get in the car and my partner calls me a pommy kent, I arrest a white guy and he calls me a copper kent and the blackfellas call me a Captain Cook kent. I know I'm a kent, I'm just confused what sort of kent I am."

simmo05

Bench
Should get at least 6 weeks even with the Guilty plea. If the NRL are serious about nailing this shit on the head, make an example of him.
What's wrong with the exact same punishment the racist fan gets for spouting the exact same garbage?

You just don’t get this whole racism caper do you. Context is important.

Dropping the N-word into a speech where there is no intent to offend the person it is directed against could be considered offensive and crude, and there could be claims of culturally misappropriating a word that is sensitive to another race (I personally have no idea if African Americans find Polynesian’s using that word in the context that it was used offensive or not). It is not racist though, as there is no intent to diminish or insult; there is a reason it is captured under hate crime.

Using a comment that is historically associated as an insult for people of black origin, in the context of a verbal confrontation where you are insulting each other, is a completely different situation.

Danish

Referee
You just don’t get this whole racism caper do you. Context is important.

Dropping the N-word into a speech where there is no intent to offend the person it is directed against could be considered offensive and crude, and there could be claims of culturally misappropriating a word that is sensitive to another race (I personally have no idea if African Americans find Polynesian’s using that word in the context that it was used offensive or not). It is not racist though, as there is no intent to diminish or insult; there is a reason it is captured under hate crime.

Using a comment that is historically associated as an insult for people of black origin, in the context of a verbal confrontation where you are insulting each other, is a completely different situation.

I got a hint for you on which is more offensive.

there is no social setting where you, I, or any normally person would think it ok to say the N word. In fact most people literally will say “the N word” in its place.

compare that to monkey. Now sure, I’d never call a dark skinned person a monkey. Hell I’d never refer to any non-white person as a monkey, since it’s been used as a racist term by whites against basically every other race. But I can still type the word monkey even when discussing it in the context of a slur. As can you.

the one that all of society self censors at all times in all contexts is 100% the more offensive one.

Latest posts