What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

richies

Juniors
Since when is signing John Morris classified as "doing well"?

i know stats arent everything , but if you have a look at his stats playing at hooker about 3-4 years ago
he was the best if not 2nd best hooker going around
i know im going to koop heaps but i do have stats to prove it :lol:
better than budress or wing!!!
also he can play 80mins or they can put tony caine on the bench for impact
they will be alot better next year as they have had alot of injuries also

i know stats arent everything , but if you have a look at his stats playing at hooker about 3-4 years ago

Like you said, the stats aren't everything. Those years ago it was laughable to think he even compared to players like Buderus, Wing or Smith. He didn't give his team the impact like they did.

Played 2 games at hooker for us this year, we lost both (in one we had over 55% of the ball and didn't score a point).

Buckshot

Juniors
Tronc to leave Cowboys
JOSH ALSTON
June 29th, 2009
PROP Shane Tronc has been squeezed out of the Cowboys by the salary cap and will depart for the English Super League next year.
Negotiations are under way with fellow bookend Matt Scott and second-rower Scott Bolton but executive director Peter Parr conceded there was not enough money left to retain Tronc.
The 27-year-old has been in devastating form this season, averaging over 118m and 27 tackles a game, which would see him require a contract upgrade to stay at the Cowboys.
With several other players also requiring upgrades, Parr said the club had reluctantly made a decision not to offer Tronc a new deal to stay under the $4.1 million cap.
"We've told Shane at this stage we won't be in a position to be able to offer him something moving forward because of the situation with the cap and the money that a player of his abilities commands," he said.
"We've had to make that decision, we've informed him of that and (coach) Neil's (Henry) given him the reasons behind it.
"It was always a major balancing act with the cap."
Tronc is in his sixth season at the Cowboys but has enlisted the aid of high-profile manager Wayne Beavis to find him a new club in the UK. Beavis could not confirm which club Tronc would be playing for, but said talks were in an advanced stage.
"Nothing's finalised because of the confidentiality agreement but talks are progressing very well, we should be in a position to make an announcement within a week," he said.
The loss of Tronc has opened the door for North Queensland to retain forwards Scott and Bolton, with the latter expected to sign a new deal this week.
Parr said reports Scott was set to be signed in the same timeframe were 'premature' but said the club was beginning negotiations and were hopeful of securing his signature.
"We're down the track further with Scott Bolton," Parr said.
"The only conversation we've had with Matt Scott's manager is that we would like to talk to him about an extended stay at the Cowboys.
"We haven't discussed anything in terms of an offer, the length of time, remuneration or anything.
"We're hopeful absolutely but you never know, once we start negotiations we will have a lot of things to discuss."
Parr said the Cowboys would not be seeking out a replacement for Tronc on the open market.
"Maybe a couple of younger guys but ... we're not in a situation with the cap," he said.
"With the amount of players being upgraded in terms of money we will not be a big player in the market."
Carl Webb is likely to see out the last two years of his contract after Wigan failed to table an offer after coming to Australia to watch him play earlier this year.
"We're starting to plan that Carl will be here ... we'll only worry about those things if they happen," Parr said.

ballbag

Juniors

Stats tell lies and liars talk stats

Godz Illa

Coach
Nathan Fien - St George Illawarra (immediately)

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=17909

NATHAN FIEN JOINS DRAGONS MID-SEASON

Tuesday, June 30, 2009
The St George Illawarra Dragons have today agreed to terms with Nathan Fien for the balance of this season following his release from the New Zealand Warriors.
Fien, 29, signed a three year deal in May to join the Dragons from the 2010 season but the Warriors have today released him from the remainder of his 2009 contract.
The Mt Isa junior has played nine NRL games this season with his last being in round 10 and will join the Dragons squad next Monday, July 6.
“The circumstance arose for Nathan to join our Club early, following an amicable discussions with the Warriors and his experience will add depth to our squad for the remainder of this year,” said Dragons Head Coach Wayne Bennett.
“Nathan is a versatile player and I am sure he will fit in well with our Club, players and the style of football we like to play”.

One Warrior

Bench
Nathan Fien - St George Illawarra (immediately)

http://www.dragons.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=17909

NATHAN FIEN JOINS DRAGONS MID-SEASON

Tuesday, June 30, 2009
The St George Illawarra Dragons have today agreed to terms with Nathan Fien for the balance of this season following his release from the New Zealand Warriors.
Fien, 29, signed a three year deal in May to join the Dragons from the 2010 season but the Warriors have today released him from the remainder of his 2009 contract.
The Mt Isa junior has played nine NRL games this season with his last being in round 10 and will join the Dragons squad next Monday, July 6.
“The circumstance arose for Nathan to join our Club early, following an amicable discussions with the Warriors and his experience will add depth to our squad for the remainder of this year,” said Dragons Head Coach Wayne Bennett.
“Nathan is a versatile player and I am sure he will fit in well with our Club, players and the style of football we like to play”.

:crazy: Our management has lost it, what happens if Jones falls over, unless we're making a huge play for someone a year early, considering the number of halves we've released in the last six months, its now four and counting, including the combo that took us to within a game of the grand final last year.

blain

Juniors
ffs warriors management!!this is the most stupid thing they could do. unless we sign a half mid season or they are gonna play johnson.. which i highly doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts