What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Cheers for that. Del actually signed with Illawarra-St.George? I must of been living under a rock, I thought they were negotiating but nothing had been done.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
S.S.T.I.D said:
Cheers for that. Del actually signed with Illawarra-St.George? I must of been living under a rock, I thought they were negotiating but nothing had been done.

it'll be pretty much done so i just put it in anyway.

D

Deleted member 10972

Great list man, do you know much on Galu Teo & Mick Bond?

Also, expect to see Heath L'Estrange off to Manly, Mellars & Tonga off to ESL, James Shillington & possibly Shane Shackleton off to the Bulldogs, not sure on Adam Schubert & Steve Meredith though.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
The Mack said:
Great list man, do you know much on Galu Teo & Mick Bond?

Also, expect to see Heath L'Estrange off to Manly, Mellars & Tonga off to ESL, James Shillington & possibly Shane Shackleton off to the Bulldogs, not sure on Adam Schubert & Steve Meredith though.

Galu Teo is a little fullback from the Broncos. Thats about it. Kiwi obviously.
Mick Bond is a PNG half, five eighth and lock.

James Shillington and Shane Shackleton to the Dogs? We dont really need them tbh.

Frederick

Staff member
Charlie124 said:
crap, when did we lose Karl Johnson?
Early this season. He left/was cut and was playing in the local Newcastle comp. After a couple of blinders the Knights signed him and he's now playing in our Prems team

RainMan

Juniors
Frederick said:
Early this season. He left/was cut and was playing in the local Newcastle comp. After a couple of blinders the Knights signed him and he's now playing in our Prems team

Karl and blinders don't go together.

griffo346

First Grade
Schoolboy signs for big money
By James Phelps
July 26, 2007 MOST schoolchildren would consider themselves lucky to get $10 a week to spend at the tuckshop - but 16-year-old rugby league sensation Greg Waddell has signed a deal with Penrith under which he will earn $100,000 before he finishes school.

Waddell's manager, Alan Gainey, who also looks after Melbourne superstar Greg Inglis, said last night that his client's deal would make him the richest schoolboy rugby league player in history.

"It would have to be the biggest deal for a schoolkid," Gainey said.

"I had Inglis, too, but he was a bit older.

"I think it is fair to say there has never been this must interest in a kid.

"I had every NRL club making inquiries about him."

Penrith won the race to secure the young centre, considered to be the hottest young talent in the country, signing Waddell yesterday on a deal that could earn him $500,000 by the end of 2010.

The St Dominic' s Year 11 student hasn't played a junior Jersey Flegg match yet, but that didn't stop every club in the NRL from chasing his signature.

One Sydney club is understood to have offered Waddell a contract worth $150,000 a year.

The Australian Schoolboys star said in his first interview that he was "stoked" he wouldn't have to work, and he hoped to crack the NRL next year.

"I am a Penrith junior so it's great to be staying," Waddell said.

"It's where I started off, and they have helped me along the way.

"I don't have to work or nothing any more, so I will help look after my parents and nan."

Storm recruitment officer Peter O'Sullivan, a nationally respected judge of talent, described Waddell as one of the best young players he had seen.

"He is that good, he will be a superstar," O'Sullivan said.

"He is as good as any I have seen and right at the top of the pile.

"Body shape, weight, size, it is all very good.

"Every club would have been interested. It is good work by the Panthers keeping him."

Penrith coach Matt Elliott said Waddell could play in the NRL next year.

"It is very good news for the club," Elliott said.

"We are really lucky because Greg represents some of the exciting talent we have.

"He is probably the modern prototype player.

"Physically, he is a great athlete. He is a fantastic trainer and already has some leadership qualities.

"He has just got a great game awareness."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22136580-23214,00.html

RainMan

Juniors
Glen Hall re-signs for 2 more years with Manly.

GLENN Hall's decision to turn his back on a guaranteed $60,000 pay packet for 2008 has paid off.

The Manly forward has agreed to terms on a two-year deal with the Sea Eagles worth about $100,000 per season.

Hall knocked back a two-season deal with the club last October in the hope of impressing officials in 2007 to earn an upgrade for next season.

That decision has now paid off for the 26-year-old who seems to have found a permanent home at Manly after previous stints at the Bulldogs, Souths and the Roosters.

``My goal at the start of the year was to be in the first 17 and I've done it every week,'' Hall said.

``I can't be happier with how things are going, for me personally.

``I'm still in Dessie's (coach De Hasler's) thoughts each week and I'm very happy with what's going on.''

Hasler said Hall has impressed and his decision to pursue an upgraded deal has worked.

``It's panned out for him well,'' Hasler said.

``He's played a lot more first grade than expected and he's handled it admirably.''

Hall's ability to mingle among the pack is also a bonus for Hasler who has used the 102kg forward to cover for the loss of prop George Rose.

At the start of the year Hall was primarily used off the bench as a cover for Luke Williamson, but with Rose finished for the season he is closer to the action.

``With Rosey gone, it adds to why I'm still here,'' Hall said.

``I've been playing tighter and have been pushing to the front row.

``I'm excited to stay here.

``I've enjoyed the year and want to stay for a couple more years.

``My girlfriend Kylie also loves it.''

Hall's manager Mark Rowan said the deal was worth the risk.

``I would say the gamble has paid off,'' he said.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Just on Fox sports news

Adam Cuthbertson Re-Signed for 2 more years
Jason King extended for 2 years
Josh Perry Signs for 3 years
Heath L'estrange for 2 years
George Rose to Re-Sign for 2 years
and Matai about to re-sign.

RainMan

Juniors
EAGLES SIGNING NEWS

30/07/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

The Manly Sea Eagles today went a long way to securing its player strength for the future with a bulk resigning and new signing announcement. Manly today announced it had come to terms with the following current players:

* Jason King (3 years)
* Steve Matai (3 years)
* Glenn Hall (2 years)
* Adam Cuthbertson (3 years)

In addition the club confirmed the signing of the following players:

* Josh Perry (Newcastle front rower) for 3 years.
* Heath L'Estrange (Roosters hooker) 2 years

Manly Chief Executive Grant Mayer said the club was delighted with the signings on top of the club's most successful NRL campaign in 10 years. "The signings will ensure the Sea Eagles continue the path of recent seasons as one of the top teams in the NRL.
"It is significant to note that we are retaining players from our current in form side and adding class players to our roster. "Players are eager to play in the maroon and white again which is a tribute to the coaching staff who have done such a professional job under Des Hasler in recent seasons" Mr.Mayer said.

Tommax25

Bench
he must have been off contract and the roosters didnt sign him hes a free agent you shouldnt get pissed off at manly for adding depth to their team, in a similar way what the roosters didin signing braith anasta, mark o meley, ash harrison, brad fittler, nate myles, amos roberts, joel monahan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts