What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb4

First Grade
i liked that guy when he was at newy...
was watchin the "01 grand final the other night, he had some skills
could be a nice pick up down the track

innsaneink

Referee
LAWRENCE RE-SIGNS WITH WESTS TIGERS
Wests Tigers is pleased to announce the re-signing of exciting young centre Chris Lawrence to a new two-year deal.

Lawrence was off contract at the end of next season but has agreed to a new deal which will keep him at the Wests Tigers until the end of 2011.

The 19-year-old has already played 28 first grade games since making his debut in 2006.

Chris Lawrence file

Date of Birth: 19/10/88

Junior Club: Eagle Vale St Andrews

Position: Centre/Wing

Weight: 94kg Height: 187cm

Primary School attended: St. Mary’s Eaglevale

High School attended: St. Gregory’s College

Rep Honours: PM’s XIII 2007, Junior Kangaroos 2007

Club and First Grade Debut: v Brisbane, Suncorp Stadium, 30/7/06 (Rd 21).

2007 season: 18 games, 16 tries, 64 points.

2008: 5 games, 2 tries, 2 goals, 12 points.

Club/Career stats: 28 games, 20 tries, 2 goals, 84 points.

http://www.weststigers.com.au/NewsArticle.aspx?NewsId=1452

Pumba

First Grade
Stuart Flanagan -> Raiders for 3 Years
Exciting young Wests Tigers hooker Stuart Flanagan will be wearing green in 2009, after agreeing to a new three year deal with the Raiders today.

Flanagan, aged 21, is originally from the NSW town of Cooma not too far from the ACT, and returns to his home region after three years with the Wests Tigers.

Before that he played for the Western Suburbs Magpies in their junior teams, in both the Harold Matthew's and SG Ball competitions.

Flanagan said he's looking forward to playing with the Raiders next year, but said he would remained focused on the Tigers 2008 campaign until the end of the season.

"It's exciting to be going down to Canberra next year, they have a lot of good young players and I think there's a bright future there," Flanagan said. "Having said that I'm still committed to the Tigers this year, and I'm looking forward to playing some good footy for them."

Flanagan said he will be looking to further build his career in the national capital, and was excited about playing alongside the likes of Todd Carney and Alan Tongue.

"Todd is a great player and I've played with him and Joe Picker before with the junior kangaroos in 2006," he said. "I haven't met Alan before but from what I hear he's a great leader and a great guy to play with."

Raiders CEO Don Furner said Flanagan's signing was a huge positive for the Club, and he would be a welcome addition to the Raiders in 2009.

"Stuart is a local product who is returning home after establishing himself as a star of the future," Furner said. "We look forward to having him here from the start of next season, and wish him the best of luck for the remainder of 2008."

Furner said Flanagan's signing had continued the Raiders strong association with the country region.

"We like to think we are the country club, and Stuart's signing has further endorsed this fact," Furner said. "It's a great environment in Canberra for the country boys and Stuart should find himself at home with the Raiders."

Wests Tigers Coach Tim Sheens said Flanagan would be an asset for the Raiders, and wished him the best for the future.

"We wish Stuart all the very best. He has done his apprenticeship at Wests Tigers and he is obviously looking to establish his own first grade career. It was always going to be difficult behind Robbie Farah."

"Stuart has worked hard here and he is a credit to himself and his family."

Flanagan made his debut in 2006 and has played 14 first grade games for the Tigers.

LINK

lolesi

First Grade
Good to see Canberra getting some great young talent to the club, and not being taken away.

Spike

First Grade
I reckon he'll regret it. Granted he needed to move from the Tigers being stuck behind Farah, but the Raiders are only going to waste his talent.

I reckon he'll regret it. Granted he needed to move from the Tigers being stuck behind Farah, but the Raiders are only going to waste his talent.

Did one of the players fool around with your wife? Or did you fail at a tryout? Not even a tigers fan is this f**kin bitter, whats your problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.