What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cletus

First Grade
Gabrielle, Jeff Robson's partner arrived with news that Jeff too was leaving after season and was off to play for Parramatta. I calmly explained that our boys can leave for England but not for another team and politely asked her to leave! Seriously - we wish both of them the best.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.thedaily.com.au/news/2008/sep/25/coast-quartet-lights-league/

As identical twins, Rowan and Callum Klein have more in common than most brothers.
They even sport the same haircut and facial hair, just to make the task of telling them apart that bit more difficult.
But while they have the same features, the Kilcoy boys also share another trait –- exciting potential on the rugby league field.
Rowan and Callum, along with Caloundra stars Michael Parker-Walsh and Dale Smyth, have been signed up by the Gold Coast Titans for next year.
Five-eighth or halfback Parker-Walshe will trial for a place in the Titan’s SG Ball and Toyota Cup sides, while goalkicking winner Smyth and the Klein brothers have been handed development deals.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=31548

Hardworking Canberra Raiders forward Ben Jones has played his last game for the Green Machine, after announcing today his retirement from rugby league.

Jones, 28, finished the season early in 2008 after a knee cartilage injury, and decided following surgery last week that he would not pursue a contract renewal with the Raiders or any other Rugby League club.

Jones said family commitments and an opportunity to return home to Redcliffe in Queensland was the catalyst for his decision, and said he had no regrets in what has been a fine career with the Raiders.

"My Partner Jodie and I have decided to go home to Brisbane, and with my daughter Sienna and another child on the way we've decided to go home and go into business with my father," Jones said. "There was an offer from the Raiders and they have been great to me and I thank them for all of their support, but in the end it was time for me to retire."

Arriving at the club at the end of 2004 from Penrith, Jones was given the chance to play in the NRL in 2006 under the coaching of Matt Elliott, and he credited both Elliott and incoming Coach David Furner for developing him into an NRL level player.

"There was an opportunity to play first grade for me under Matt Elliott, and after a couple of years at Penrith I thought I would never get the chance to play NRL, but coming to the Raiders provided that," he said. "I had a good year with David Furner in Premier League in 2005 and I've got a lot to thank him for, his coaching brought me a long way and opened the door for me to play first grade."

Jones played 33 NRL matches over three seasons with the Green Machine and said he had plenty of fine memories of his time in Canberra, especially round one in 2006 when the Raiders knocked off the more fancied Manly Sea Eagles at Brookvale Oval.

"Making my debut in 2006 was unbelievable and besides having my daughter it was the best day of my life," he said. "Another highlight for me was playing in Toots (Jason Croker's) last game, in the semi-final against the Bulldogs in 2006, but there have been plenty of memories to cherish."

Jones said he looked forward to watching the Raiders continue to rise in the seasons ahead, and wished the club all the best for the future.

"There's no doubt the Raiders are on the rise and they will be even stronger in 2009," Jones said. "They have a great team coming together and I wish them the best."

Pumba

First Grade
Raiders sign Bronson Harrison

The CFMEU Canberra Raiders have continued their solid recruitment and retention for the 2009 season, after signing Wests Tigers forward Bronson Harrison for three years today.

Harrison, 23, is the second recruit to join the Raiders from the Tigers of 2008, with hooker Stuart Flanagan agreeing to a contract with the Green Machine earlier this year.

Harrison said he's looking forward to joining the Raiders for the pre-season, and is keen to build on his career.

"The Raiders seem to be a team on the up and I'm looking forward to being a part of their rise," Harrison said. "I've been down to Canberra to check the place out and have met a few of the boys, and it just seems like there's a great atmosphere there at the moment."

Harrison said he's also looking forward to playing under incoming Raiders Coach David Furner, and alongside a host of new team mates.

"The Raiders have a new Coach next year in David Furner and after meeting with him I can see he's got some good ideas for the future," he said. "There are also guys in Canberra like Alan Tongue, Terry Campese and Joel Monaghan to play alongside so it should be a great few years for me."

Incoming Raiders Coach David Furner said the signing of Harrison would strengthen the Raiders forward pack going forward, and said he believed he would bring something extra to the team in 2009.

"Bronson is a young strike backrower who's played first grade for a few years now and has also played at international level for New Zealand," Furner said. "I believe he'll be a great player for the Raiders and the club and fans should be excited about his signing."

Link

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.rleague.com/db/article.php?id=31572

Wests Tigers winger Beau Ryan has today signed a new two-year contract.

Ryan played 15 games for Wests Tigers this season, scoring eight tries in the process.

He has played 18 career games since making his first grade debut against Canberra at Canberra Stadium last year. Ryan will be with the Wests Tigers until the end of the 2010 season.

"Wests Tigers have been very good to me. I now want to make the most of my chances after getting a good opportunity to play a fair bit of first grade this season,'' he said.

"It was disappointing to miss the semi-finals and I know everyone at the club will be working hard in the off-season to make sure we can go further than we did this season.

"There are exciting times ahead for Wests Tigers and I'm just thrilled to be able to work alongside a great coaching staff and the good amount of quality players we have here.''

Yileen Gordon > Bulldogs

Dogs put the mongrel into Gordon
By David Riccio | September 28, 2008 12:00am

THE impressive overhaul at the Bulldogs continues, with 106kg strike centre Yilleen Gordon the latest signing to join the club.
Excited Bulldogs officials have confirmed to The Sunday Telegraph that the Rabbitohs rookie has signed a one-year deal, estimated at almost $100,000.

Just 21, Gordon failed to deliver this season at Souths for several reasons, but largely due to opportunity.

Bulldogs management are confident a change in culture can allow Gordon to produce the impact felt in 2007, when in his debut season he posted five tries in just eight games for South Sydney.

"I think he's got some real go about him to be honest,'' Bulldogs head of recruitment Peter Mullholland said.

"I've watched him play about seven reserve grade games and he's always in competing, which is good.

"It's not his attack that I've ever questioned, it's his commitment in defence. And he's been ripping in, in defence.''

Gordon's arrival at Belmore continues the club's strategic recruitment drive, designed to erase the devastation felt this year following their worst finish (last) to a season since 2002.

Sharks halfback Brett Kimmorley heads a string of new signings for the Bulldogs in 2009, including Broncos duo Ben Hannant and Michael Ennis, Dragons flyer Josh Morris, Titans forward Michael Hodgson and Sharks winger Bryson Goodwin.

Gordon caught the Bulldogs scouts' attention with several strong performances playing in the back row for the Bunnies' NSW Cup team.

But Mullholland was reticent to pigeon-hole the exciting talent.

"He could be a number 17,'' Mullholland said.

"He could actually start in the second row as a good foil for Andrew Ryan, but he could also be in the centres as well.

"He's one of those guys that now he's established himself in the back row, it's not hard to go back to the centres.

"Everyone knows these days that there's not much difference between a centre and a second rower. I think there's a real opportunity for him at the Bulldogs. He doesn't have to relocate, it's just changing his culture.''

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006066,00.html

ByRd

First Grade
Finally its confirmed, the rumour has been around for 2 months now but i think its a signing we didnt need but a 1 yr deal is alright and if he gets a decent attitude he might turn our ok but meh

Paul Hewson

Juniors
To say Gordon never got an oppourtunity at souths is rubbish,he was cut for 21 discipline breaches.

They said alot of things in that article that were false. They also mention that his first grade debut was in 2007. Then they go on to say he scored 5 tries in 8 games. Souths had no choice but to release Buddy from his contract.

Norths picked up his contract when he was cut mid-season. He has always had a problem with attitude and will struggle again. Like he has done many times he will start off great but he is easily distracted.

Inferno

Coach
According to the St George/Sutherland Leader Kevin Kingston has officially been released to join Parramatta.

Status
Not open for further replies.