What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRIS SANDOW

Juniors
The South Sydney Rabbitohs have announced the signing of back-rower Matt Mundine for the 2009 and 2010 seasons today.

Mundine, 18, was named in the NRL’s Toyota Cup Team of the Year in 2008, helping to guide the Dragons to the preliminary finals in the National Youth Competition. Mundine also finished in the top three in the Toyota Cup Dally M Player of the Year count for the Centenary season.

Mundine, who stands 183cm tall and weighs in at 112kg, was the stand out player for the Dragons this season, and will be a welcome addition to the Rabbitohs squad in 2009.

“Matt has played some exciting football in 2008 and we’re looking forward to having him join our squad for the next two seasons,” Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson said.

“He has all the skills and he has a good attitude towards his football. He played mainly at lock for the Dragons however we believe he can play anywhere in the forward pack and has the skills to play five-eighth.

“He is prepared to work hard to be the best player he can be and that’s the type of player we want at our Club.”

Biography

Name: Matt Mundine
DOB: 23 January 1990
Height: 183cm
Weight: 112kg
Position: Back row
Former Clubs: St George Ilawarra Dragons 2008
Awards: Toyota Cup Team of the Year 2008

Raiders re-sign Picker for three

From staff writers
October 10, 2008 THE Canberra Raiders have re-signed forward Joe Picker on a new three-year deal that will see him stay with the club until the end of the 2011 season.
The Raiders 2007 rookie of the year has risen through the grades at the Raiders and recently had his first taste of representative honour’s when he travelled to Papua New Guinea to play for the Prime Ministers XIII.

20-year-old Picker said he was happy to be able to continue to wear the green jersey.

“The Raiders have been great to me and gave me the chance to play first grade so I’m really happy that I can stay here for another three years,” Picker said.

“I think we’re a team on the rise and next year we can improve even more on our efforts this year.”

Raiders CEO Don Furner said Picker was a high priority for the club and continued their policy on identifying and developing junior talent.

“Joe has shown this year what a talented prospect he is and obviously other people see it too after he was selected in the Prime Ministers XIII,” Furner said.

“He is also another product of our strong junior development program and it’s always great for us when we can keep a local junior in Canberra.”

Picker was originally contracted until the end of 2009 season.

The club also confirmed they were working on re-signing Joe's younger brothers Michael and Ben.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24475430-23214,00.html

sydraider

First Grade
Raiders re-sign Picker for three

From staff writers
October 10, 2008 THE Canberra Raiders have re-signed forward Joe Picker on a new three-year deal that will see him stay with the club until the end of the 2011 season.
The Raiders 2007 rookie of the year has risen through the grades at the Raiders and recently had his first taste of representative honour’s when he travelled to Papua New Guinea to play for the Prime Ministers XIII.

20-year-old Picker said he was happy to be able to continue to wear the green jersey.

“The Raiders have been great to me and gave me the chance to play first grade so I’m really happy that I can stay here for another three years,” Picker said.

“I think we’re a team on the rise and next year we can improve even more on our efforts this year.”

Raiders CEO Don Furner said Picker was a high priority for the club and continued their policy on identifying and developing junior talent.

“Joe has shown this year what a talented prospect he is and obviously other people see it too after he was selected in the Prime Ministers XIII,” Furner said.

“He is also another product of our strong junior development program and it’s always great for us when we can keep a local junior in Canberra.”

Picker was originally contracted until the end of 2009 season.

The club also confirmed they were working on re-signing Joe's younger brothers Michael and Ben.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,24475430-23214,00.html

Hell Yeah! thats awesome.

Patorick

Staff member
[SIZE=-1]http://www.canberratimes.com.au/news/national/national/sport/kurt-gidley-wins-knights-player-of-the-year/1330635.aspx

Newcastle's Michael Young has agreed to terms with Central Charlestown to play in the Newcastle competition next year.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts