What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider_69

Post Whore
how many clubs has that guy played for now? He's about 23 isnt he? I recon its 5 already

how many clubs are going to take a punt on him before the league realises he's a wasted talent and not worth persuing...

Big Mick

Referee
how many clubs has that guy played for now? He's about 23 isnt he? I recon its 5 already

how many clubs are going to take a punt on him before the league realises he's a wasted talent and not worth persuing...

Agree to an extent but I think the last 2 clubs his been at he's left for opportunity rather than behaviour hasn't he?

Charlie124

First Grade
He has very big issues in defence, and he is best playing at centre, so I am not sure where you would fit him in as the Panthers current outside-backs are performing well. He can also play five-eighth in a pinch, maybe with the loss of Wade Graham he will play a bench role? He's the sort of player that coming off the bench can tear teams apart.

He was great in defence for us, more often than not he would close the player down with a hard hitting ball and all tackle, i wished more of our players would do the same.

I think he'll go great at the Panthers if he keeps out of trouble. Most likely position would be in the halves, filling in a centre if theres an injury or coming off the bench as an impact player Ben Barba style.

Coaster

Bench
The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have further strengthened their playing stocks for the future by today re-signing rising stars Kevin Gordon and Bodene Thompson to long-term deals.

Young flyer Gordon has signed a new four-year deal which will see him remain at the club until the end of the 2014 season while versatile forward Thompson has signed until the end of 2013 with an option for the 2014 season.

http://www.titans.com.au/?s=article-display&id=30457

boxhead

First Grade
That's great news for the Titans, I couldn't imagine either of those two going anywhere else :)

Big Pete

Referee
He was great in defence for us, more often than not he would close the player down with a hard hitting ball and all tackle, i wished more of our players would do the same.

:lol: Charlie were we watching the same Arana? Taumata was a major arm grabber who was about as effective as a witches hat.

He's good on his feet and can cause head aches but until that part of his game is fixed he's just going to be a major liability.

This signing just makes Penrith more unattractive to me. The ultimate 'butterface' team in the competition.

nqcowboy87

Bench
jaiman lowe and maurice blair to the storm

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/de...tle=storm-sign-lowe-and-blair-for-2011-season

Storm sign Lowe and Blair for 2011 season
17/09/2010 8:45:17 AM
Melbourne Storm has today confirmed the signing of prop Jaiman Lowe and centre Maurice Blair for the 2011 National Rugby League season.

Lowe, 27, and Blair, 25, will bring a wealth of experience to the Storm for 2011, with the pair signing two year deals with the club.

They join Adam Woolnough, Troy Thompson and Elijah Niko, as well as Under-20s pair Jake Hawkins and Mitchell Johnson, as the new faces on a Storm roster that also boasts Australian trio Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk, New Zealand pair Adam Blair and Sika Manu, and England utility back Gareth Widdop for next year.

Lowe, who started his career at North Queensland before spending the past five seasons with South Sydney, said his entire family – he has two girls aged five and two, was particularly excited by the shift to Melbourne.

“I’m delighted the opportunity of playing in Melbourne with the Storm opened up for me,” said Lowe.

“The family and in particularly the kids are really excited about the move.

“The chance to join a new club, in a new town, is something I’m really looking forward to.”

Blair and Lowe will join the Storm for the start of pre-season training, beginning on Monday, October 25.

“I’m very excited about getting down to Melbourne and starting pre-season training with the Storm,” said Blair.

“It’s going to be a new challenge for me and that in itself is exciting.

“I saw first-hand the Storm’s facilities in Melbourne last week and they’re world-class – some of the best I’ve ever seen.”

personally maurice blair is a good player but he needs to shed the owen craigie syndrome

Franko

Juniors
Does anyone know if Mitch Brown from the Tigers is signed up to anyone for next year? If he is available i would be happy for Souths to get him at a reasonable price. I think he is quite under rated and can play just about anywhere.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Does anyone know if Mitch Brown from the Tigers is signed up to anyone for next year? If he is available i would be happy for Souths to get him at a reasonable price. I think he is quite under rated and can play just about anywhere.

He is signed until the end of 2011, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts