What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

First Grade
When those guys came across, i doubt they would of all been on big money, our highest paid player would of been Hannant and he was on about $330k

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No it's not but I just explained why I think media reports are close to the mark they never a are 100% but if a current club says we offered this and can't match it, Then you see a figure mentioned higher it's safe to assume the truth lies smomewhere inbetween those reports might even be less for all we know.

I have no agenda I just see the likes of Dragons and Broncos teams who are always up the top shedding players and the Bulldogs don't.

Then who have you released since SBW and Mason left? They are the source never ending pot.

In has came:

Hannant yes now gone but couldn't backend in 2 years
Stagg
Turner
Morris since upgraded
Kimmorley Gone
Hodkinson Manly confirmed they couldn't match the offer 800k over 3 years
Payne apparently overs
Halatau
Keating
Pritchard Confirmed as $400k by the Panther media guy
Tolman
Lett minimum
Wright minimum
Millington

Upgraded the likes of Barba and Idris

I'm loving the range of assumptions you've managed to throw in just to make sure you cast enough doubt, but dismiss off-hand the chance any other club could be doing anything suss.

SBW & Mason debacle was 08, right? To combat your "in has come" list, here is "out has gone":

Hazem El Masri
Daniel Holdsworth
Matthew Utai
Luke Patten
Willie Tonga
Arana Taumata
Brent Crisp
Reni Maitua
Corey Hughes
Cameron Phelps
Nick Youngquest
Andrew Emelio
Daryl Millard
Lee Te Maari
Fred Briggs
Jarrad Hickey
Joe Williams
Aaron Groom
Kane Cleal
Michael Sullivan
Nick Kouparitsas
Justin Tsoulos
Brett Kimmorley
Ben Hannant
Yileen Gordon...

...need I go on?

skeepe

Immortal
I'm sure the likes of Taumata, Crisp, Phelps, Youngquest, Emilio, Millard, Briggs, Williams, Groom, Cleal, Sullivan, Kouparitsas and Tsoulos were on huge coin.

:sarcasm:

franklin2323

Immortal
Other teams can do suss but also get rid of quality eg Dragons get Gasiner lose Costigan, Smith, Saffy

That list contains some players on a stack of money. Oh Crisp and Emelio they may cover Blair's possible signing.

Also A few of those got bought using the spare money from that season
Others I forgot

Junior Tia-Kilifi
Neumann
Green
Tandy

The list is about even possibly. Add Eastwood and Blair it's overs in the gains columns

ByRd

First Grade
Before these signings, can any of you honestly tell me that any of our players would be on big money???

Hannant would of been the only one and he is gone, guys like Goodwin (who was a reserve grader), Morris (still young when he came across), Stagg (solid player but nothing flash) and Ennis (been to a number of clubs already) would not have been given big dollars.

We have lost alot of players over the last couple of years as well which Timmah has pointed out, there is no way we are over the cap.

franklin2323

Immortal
When those guys came across, i doubt they would of all been on big money, our highest paid player would of been Hannant and he was on about $330k

No but they don't stay on rubbish money. Granted Morris was prob on minimum but now he wouldn't be

ByRd

First Grade
Morris is off contract next year and is still on his initial 3 year deal when he came across. We have a number of players coming off contract in 2011, so expect us to lose a few next year.

Big Mick

Referee
Before these signings, can any of you honestly tell me that any of our players would be on big money???

Hannant would of been the only one and he is gone, guys like Goodwin (who was a reserve grader), Morris (still young when he came across), Stagg (solid player but nothing flash) and Ennis (been to a number of clubs already) would not have been given big dollars.

We have lost alot of players over the last couple of years as well which Timmah has pointed out, there is no way we are over the cap.

Think it may be skewed about Goodwin because didn't he sign an extension after his breakout seasons last year did they not?

Ennis & Morris would have been on good money after playing Origin - clauses in contracts.

But either way...it doesn't matter. From chats I've had over the last few days the workings make sense. Its tight....but it makes sense.

Gotta give Greenberg credit. We are all saying Dogs are over...but in reality...its probably because we are all jealous that their management actually get off their ass and are not relics and incompetant.

BTW ByRd...heard the same thing today about Tandy getting done, with Blair only coming in if that happens.

IMO you should be stoked that Tandy gets the sack...Blair is a much better player.

franklin2323

Immortal

Before this season no. But Goodwin NZ, Morris NSW and Idris NSW have since represented and would want a pay packet to match that status.

Depending on Stagg's release details Broncos may of paid part for the 1st year but that wouldn't keep going the whole contract

Timmah

Staff member
I'm glad you're a maths officianado.

You should email Ian Schubert your scoop ;-)

Timmah

Staff member
Goodwin and Morris are still on their original contracts AFAIK, Ennis as well. Players don't suddenly get bigger contract $$$ mid-season because they play rep footy, that's stuff that gets negotiated next contract...

ByRd

First Grade
Think it may be skewed about Goodwin because didn't he sign an extension after his breakout seasons last year did they not?

Ennis & Morris would have been on good money after playing Origin - clauses in contracts.

But either way...it doesn't matter. From chats I've had over the last few days the workings make sense. Its tight....but it makes sense.

Gotta give Greenberg credit. We are all saying Dogs are over...but in reality...its probably because we are all jealous that their management actually get off their ass and are not relics and incompetant.

BTW ByRd...heard the same thing today about Tandy getting done, with Blair only coming in if that happens.

IMO you should be stoked that Tandy gets the sack...Blair is a much better player.
yeh, there is much more to it as well (regarding the Tandy story) but i think he is pretty much gone, if he is then i would love to see Blair in our side but who knows what will happen.

franklin2323

Immortal
Goodwin and Morris are still on their original contracts AFAIK, Ennis as well. Players don't suddenly get bigger contract $$$ mid-season because they play rep footy, that's stuff that gets negotiated next contract...

I hope it's sweet the last thing we need is another Storm debarcle.

I thought they signed for 2 years must of been 3 next year their would be a mass cleanout 1 would think.

I will try and find the article I am sure I read in the Barba re-signing it said Idris and Morris had upgraded I must of misread it or something

Timmah

Staff member
Morris signed for 2 yrs with a 3yr option (same price as the first two to my knowledge), he chose to continue with the 3rd yr option I imagine.

Sloth

Juniors
TBH I can't see how any club could go over the Salary Cap now. This whole outside the cap sponsorship/3rd party deals opens it up for every club to exploit. That rule/contract exploit needs to go to make it a more even spread of talent.
The Bronco's for example have the thoroughbreds to throw money around. Melbourne could of kept the players they had, legally, if part of their contracts was paid, and declared from sources outside of the clubs sponsors. Maybe now that Talbot is out of the picture the Bronco's may come closer to the rest of the teams.
Goodluck to the Bulldogs if that is how they are signing these players, none of which are superstars of the game.

Cloudsurfer

Juniors

Just a random quote chosen but really a lot of them sound awfully like the arguments put up by Storm supporters....who really knows ain't gonna say - know any whistleblowers?

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm loving the range of assumptions you've managed to throw in just to make sure you cast enough doubt, but dismiss off-hand the chance any other club could be doing anything suss.

SBW & Mason debacle was 08, right? To combat your "in has come" list, here is "out has gone":

Hazem El Masri
Daniel Holdsworth
Matthew Utai
Luke Patten
Willie Tonga
Arana Taumata
Brent Crisp
Reni Maitua
Corey Hughes
Cameron Phelps
Nick Youngquest
Andrew Emelio