What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

perverse

Referee
i've heard Morseau's name thrown around a lot the past 12 months... hopefully another very good signing. we may have been stiffed in the NRL open market... but geez our list of NYC and below signings looks awesome:

Beau Henry
Siuatonga Likiliki
Kyle O'Donnell
Korbin Sims
Maipele Morseau

there's a lot of raw talent in that list. hopefully one or 2 of them absolutely blossom.

Big Pete

Referee
Off topic but where has all the local talent gone Knights fans? Not a barb or anything but it was always great to see a bunch of local juniors run around in the Red and Blue.

Bro Bear

Juniors
Surely the Gold Coast have not signed Capewell more than one year. The lad can't kick or defend. Sorry but he lacks the mongrel to be a NRL player.

Serc

First Grade
Off topic but where has all the local talent gone Knights fans? Not a barb or anything but it was always great to see a bunch of local juniors run around in the Red and Blue.

They are there...just that most of the ones aged 17-20 got shipped off in 07-08 (who would be 19-22 now) when Smithy brought in a lot of average imports from (mostly) Sydney. Probably one of the few stuffups he made while at the Knights.

Our next lot of 18-20 year olds are is coming through now and doing pretty well. Certainly not a spot on our 05-06 crop though (Mullen, Snowden, Paterson, Walsh, McManus etc etc).

I guess in a way you could see these signings as filling the gaps on what we lost a few years ago.

RHCP

Bench
There's a lot of locals playing in our Toyota Cup this year if I recall correctly, hopefully we can hang onto these ones and they make it to the top grade.

NYC:
Pete Mata'utia
Chanel Mata'utia
Nick Dwan
Mitch Williams
Tyrone Roberts
Adrian Davis
Tyler Sullivan
Jake Finn
Chad Redman
Chris Marlborough
Kruize Wilson
Isaac Dargan
Chris Knight
Will Smith
Dane Cordner

NRL:
Kurt Gidley
Steve Simpson
Joel Edwards
Cory Paterson
Scott Dureau
Mark Taufua
Dan Tolar
Aku Uate
Jarrod Mullen

As you can see, very heavily weighted towards NYC. TBH, there are probably more that should be on the NYC list that I have forgotten. Part of the Smith effect I guess. Hopefully in a few years a lot of those NYC boys will be playing NRL.

Last edited:

Joker's Wild

Coach
NYC:
Pete Mata'utia
Chanel Mata'utia
Nick Dwan
Mitch Williams
Tyrone Roberts
Adrian Davis
Tyler Sullivan
Jake Finn
Chad Redman
Chris Marlborough
Kruize Wilson
Isaac Dargan
Chris Knight
Will Smith
Dane Cordner

NRL:
Kurt Gidley
Steve Simpson
Joel Edwards
Cory Paterson
Scott Dureau
Mark Taufua
Dan Tolar

As you can see, very heavily weighted towards NYC. TBH, there are probably more that should be on the NYC list that I have forgotten. Part of the Smith effect I guess. Hopefully in a few years a lot of those NYC boys will be playing NRL.

You've forgotten Jarrod Mullen and Akuila Uate on your NRL list

Serc

First Grade
Our next lot of 18-20 year olds are is coming through now and doing pretty well. Certainly not a spot on our 05-06 crop though (Mullen, Snowden, Paterson, Walsh, McManus etc etc).

Just realised I forgot Uate - lol

Didgi

Knowing Henry and our club, he would've played every game :roll:

Hope he goes well at the Sharks, he's not an overly bad player.

Status
Not open for further replies.