What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patorick

Staff member

Iafeta

Referee
I didn't realise we had massive problems that'd force you to roll your eyes KTF? I thought we had a decent season last year, and I thought it was fairly clear that the areas we lacked impact and depth especially with Tate going were the centres and hooker, both of which Berrigan plays and has played rep football in. I don't see how it's anything but a good pick up, it's money that was laying idle anyhow and it puts pressure on Heremaia.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
The term "putting pressure on heremaia" is what causes me to roll my eyes. He should be nowhere near the team. Aside from a couple of decent games he was incredibly average and at 28 won't get any better. So we basically have an average starter a past it back up, and we've already let go Seluini with Mara looking certain to be pushed back to the Vulcans. Brilliant.

Heremaia as our starting hooker, Berrigan as back up or potentially first choice centre. Luck still in the team, one of the worst collective 1,6,7,9 in the comp. Ugh.

We were consistent last year which allowed us to make the finals, but I said as early as round 3 last year that even if we made the finals we'd be bundled out early due to a lack of class. Saw it happening last season, I see it happening again next season.

If Berrigan does well then great, but letting Henderson leave a year early and picking up Berrigan in return - no better, no worse, just more of the same.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Souths make it official, announcing the signing of George Burgess for 2 years. For those that don't know he's 18 years old, 120kg & 194cm.

Galeforce

Bench
28 Dec 2010

2010GeorgeBurgessSignsDetail-3900c792-bfde-43cd-801b-0b6f03fadde6.jpg

The South Sydney Rabbitohs have signed young Englishman George Burgess for seasons 2011 and 2012.

Burgess, 18, is one of the brightest young stars in England, and is the younger brother of current South Sydney and England star Sam Burgess.

George, a prop forward standing 194cm and weighing 120kg, has been part of the full time squad at the Bradford Bulls for the past 12 months, as well as being part of the England Academy side that defeated the Australian Schoolboys in their two match series this month.

Burgess is yet to taste first grade in the English Super League and will start his career in Australia with the Rabbitohs’ NYC squad.

Rabbitohs CEO Shane Richardson is pleased that the Rabbitohs can re-unite two of the Burgess brothers.

“The Burgess brothers are all talented footballers and we’re delighted to have two of the boys playing for the Rabbitohs over the next two years,” Mr Richardson said.

“George is a great prospect and a real project for our Club. We’ll work with him over the next two years and during that time we’re aiming to develop him into an NRL footballer in the red and green.”

Burgess is excited about making the move to Australia with South Sydney.

“I can’t wait to make the move and get started at the Rabbitohs,” Burgess said.

“Sam has been raving about the Rabbitohs and living in Sydney all year, so I’m looking forward to coming out and training and playing in Australia.

“I’m grateful to Bradford for the opportunities they’ve given me over the past few years, and also the release to come to Australia and play with the Rabbitohs.

“I’m very excited about pulling on the red and green jersey and getting started on my career at Souths.”

Biography

Name: George Burgess
DOB: 21 April 1992
POB: Dewsbury, England
Junior Club: Dewsbury Moor
Position: Prop
Height: 194cm
Weight: 120kg
Rep Honours: England Academy squad 2010

Borat.

Juniors
Souths make it official, announcing the signing of George Burgess for 2 years. For those that don't know he's 18 years old, 120kg & 194cm.

ohhhh wow :sarcasm:

I Wonder if he has hands like feet like big bro....

IPAlarms

Juniors
Cool. His brother tried very hard to carry the Souths on his back for 2010 but failed. Maybe the two of them together can do it :lol:

skeepe

Immortal
The double standards of the Bradford club amuse me. Just release Orford and be done with it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.