What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings - 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Happy to lose Trex if it means keeping Snake and Ballin. These two are much more important to the team.

As long as Manly keep Snake, DCE, Foran and Ballin, they will be top 6 for a few more years to come.

Doga

Juniors
Happy to lose Trex if it means keeping Snake and Ballin. These two are much more important to the team.

As long as Manly keep Snake, DCE, Foran and Ballin, they will be top 6 for a few more years to come.

If we didn't sign Tony Williams I wouldn't have been upset either. I'm in 2 minds about this one to be totally honest

richies

Juniors

you guyes have probably the best nyc second rower coming up from canberra to replace him and alot cheaper chee kam

Johns Magic

Referee
It's amazing how often Greenberg aims high and gets his man. He must know how to stretch the salary cap to the limit.

They have bought an absolutely outstanding pack over the last few years.

Who would have ever thought Frank Pritchard would be partnering up with Tony Williams in the second-row. Then add James Graham, Kasiano and Tolman. With skipper and recent NSW player Ennis at hooker.

It's a wonder how they do it.

I will probably get shot down for saying this, but I really didn't want us to sign him. We're probably paying overs too.

I wanted us to promote within the club, we have the players within the club already.

What is going to happen with players like Finucane, Jackson, Burr and Klemmer; we better not lose them. :x

MatthewA

Juniors
They do it because they have the absolute best off-field management in the game and that includes all of the financial advisors, consultants etc. They make sure they get every right.

Excellent signing.

It's amazing how often Greenberg aims high and gets his man. He must know how to stretch the salary cap to the limit.

They have bought an absolutely outstanding pack over the last few years.

Who would have ever thought Frank Pritchard would be partnering up with Tony Williams in the second-row. Then add James Graham, Kasiano and Tolman. With skipper and recent NSW player Ennis at hooker.

It's a wonder how they do it.

We have ~12 players off contract at the end of the season.... oh and a great management team.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm sure it's all legit, didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Just saying they set the standard. Good on them.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that the old "we have 12 players off-contract" line is pretty nauseating when more than half of them are probably fringe players on the minimum. It doesn't work like that.

Last edited:
They do it because they have the absolute best off-field management in the game and that includes all of the financial advisors, consultants etc. They make sure they get every right.

Excellent signing.

I think the Broncos would have you beat there, but no denying that Broncos, Dogs and Dragons are run excellently off field.

Big Mick

Referee
I'm sure it's all legit, didn't mean to imply otherwise.

Just saying they set the standard. Good on them.

EDIT: Just wanted to add that the old "we have 12 players off-contract" line is pretty nauseating when more than half of them are probably fringe players on the minimum. It doesn't work like that.

Especially when 12 players doesn't go into 2 signings. 10 others need replacing and they'll likely be min-contract guys as well.

Essentially the Dogs only really have Stagg & couple of others off-contract.

But the reason they are able to sign these guys is because Greenberg is a great administrator. The standard for the NRL. No other reason.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Broncos don't lure players with big contracts.

And when we do, we fall to s**t.

All home grown players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts