What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Bazal

Post Whore
The hate and vitriol directed at him personally by the absolute lowlifes who call themselves fans was pretty sickening

however, this is the best thing that can happen for him. He is too slow and his long kicking game is too shit to be a half but I see seibald is already talking about him as more of a backrowers/utility. Which I believe is his best chance of him making it as a permanent first grader.

i wish him all the best though. He didn’t deserve to be treated so poorly by fans but he also didn’t deserve to have his career hamstrung by his dad and all the stigma that goes with that either.

Yeah agreed. He reminds me a bit of Matto when he was first at Parra. Not as good obviously but if he fills out a ballplaying edge role will be where he fits best. He just looks awkward doing anything but passing or taking the line on.

I don't think his dad being coach should have been the issue it was for some but that's just me.

skeepe

Immortal

MugaB

Coach
Hang on, weren't Young and Leniu signed using the money the Roosters were saving by JWH and Tupou leaving? I'm confused.
Probably punting walker, paulo and probably the butcher bros, maybe others, they always make room very top heavy squad, its biting them on the arse having no real depth to lean back on...
Remember when they had an up and comin kyle flanagan?

Probably punting walker, paulo and probably the butcher bros, maybe others, they always make room very top heavy squad, its biting them on the arse having no real depth to lean back on...
Remember when they had an up and comin kyle flanagan?

I suspect it will be Matt Lodge who won't be re-signed. He's not on much money right now from the Roosters as the Warriors are still paying part of his contract I believe. Fletcher Baker is off to the Broncos next year. They won't be punting Walker - I would not buy into the News Ltd b/s about him. He's been out injured the last 2 weeks. Paulo and the Butcher's are all under contract (Paulo has a player option in his favour for 2024, the Nat Butcher comes off contract at the end of 2024 whilst Egan comes off contract at the end of 2025) .

Remaining players still off contract and unsigned by any club are - Corey Allan, Nathan Brown, Drew Hutchison, Matt Lodge, Billy Smith, Jake Turpin and Connor Watson.

There has been media talk that the Panthers have been talking to Lodge about signing (iirc, it was the SMH that had it, but it was a one line in a wider story).

Also both are 10 year+ players at the Roosters, so would be eligible for a part discount under the salary cap I believe.

Last edited:

Bazal

Post Whore
Leniu had a clause in the contact that he was paid per testicle, half the value is now off the cap. They should be able to make a play for Luai now with the extra space.

What does the clause also allow them to sign an extra testicle if one is lost?

yobbo84

First Grade
Remember when the Roosters signed Dom Young and Spencer Leniu for 2024 because Tupou and JWH were leaving? Yeah, me too.

Awaiting 5% of the level of media outrage that Wighton signing with us caused.

(I will say though, perfect example of a Friday News Dump - releasing this in Origin week is genius PR - no-one is going to care.)

Remember when the Roosters signed Dom Young and Spencer Leniu for 2024 because Tupou and JWH were leaving? Yeah, me too.

Awaiting 5% of the level of media outrage that Wighton signing with us caused.

(I will say though, perfect example of a Friday News Dump - releasing this in Origin week is genius PR - no-one is going to care.)
TBF Stuart was responsible for most of the media coverage there

There is a 250k discount per club for long serving players - JWH/Toops and Keary are eligible

Off Contract - 2023

Nathan Brown
Matthew Lodge- Reportedly won't be offered an extension - Manly or Penrith
Billy Smith
Connor Watson
Corey Allan
Drew Hutchison
Fletcher Baker - Reportedly to sign with Brisbane
Jake Turpin
Jaxson Paulo (PO 2024)
Thomas Deakin (Development Contract )
Vuate Karawalevu ( Development Contract )

RE-SIGNED
Egan Butcher (2025)
Victor Radley (2027)
Joseph Suaalii (2024) - off to Rugby at end of 2024
James Tedesco (2025)
Daniel Tupou (2024)
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (2024)
Sam Walker (2025)

Signings - 2024

Dominic Young (2027)
Lewis Murphy ( 2024)
Spencer Leniu ( 2027)

gerg

Juniors
There is a 250k discount per club for long serving players - JWH/Toops and Keary are eligible

Off Contract - 2023

Nathan Brown
Matthew Lodge- Reportedly won't be offered an extension - Manly or Penrith
Billy Smith
Connor Watson
Corey Allan
Drew Hutchison
Fletcher Baker - Reportedly to sign with Brisbane
Jake Turpin
Jaxson Paulo (PO 2024)
Thomas Deakin (Development Contract )
Vuate Karawalevu ( Development Contract )

RE-SIGNED
Egan Butcher (2025)
Victor Radley (2027)
Joseph Suaalii (2024) - off to Rugby at end of 2024
James Tedesco (2025)
Daniel Tupou (2024)
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (2024)
Sam Walker (2025)

Signings - 2024

Dominic Young (2027)
Lewis Murphy ( 2024)
Spencer Leniu ( 2027)

Is that right for Suaalii? Did he sign two years early for ruggers? I thought this was his last season.

No he extended with easts for one more year

then when they extended teddy he had a sook and went to union

I would not say "he had a sook" at all. Fact is Manu wuld have probaboly gpotten teh fullback spot ahead of him at the moment. He'd been clear to the Roosters he was interested in playing Union. Its just teh way teh annuncment he was going to Union came proverbially out of the blue. If he'd been upset he didn't have to activate his option as early as he did, as the option for 2024 was in his favour, not the Roosters. He was the one who had the power in that situation.

Latest posts