What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
ek999;10880389;40301 said:
I doubt the Roosters will be paying him much. Clearly no longer in the Warriors plans and the longer they keep him on the books, the greater the possibility of running into salary cap problems. Exactly the same reason why the Bulldogs got Inu so cheap in 2012

He was off contract this season, salary cap had zero to do with it. He wasn't going to get a look in here, but Warriors didn't want to deny him a chance to play and press his claims for another contract.

proto

Juniors
POPEYE;10880916;34495 said:
With FPN and Joey the Raiders won't be shy of mongrel, even Jason Croker is showing signs of aggression . . . marshmallow is melting

they do NEED another centre if they're sticking with Wighton at the back, could be a great signing

nrlnrl

First Grade
alexwilliams_66692007;10880684;35648 said:
Joey Leilua to the Raiders in 2016.

I know it's been speculated for a while, but is it confirmed yet ?If so, how many years ?

betcats

Referee
Jeremy Latimore and Junior kiwi James Fisher-Harris re-signed until 2017 and 2018. Lots of young talented kids being retained at Penrith.

Last edited:

Nice Beaver

First Grade
betcats;10882144;33250 said:
Jeremy Latimore and Junior kiwi James Fisher-Harris re-signed until 2017 and 2018. Lots of young talented kids being retained at Penrith.

Good to see them keeping some of their young guns.

betcats

Referee
Nice Beaver;10882776;13394 said:
Good to see them keeping some of their young guns.

Yeah it sure is. In a season or two the team should be mostly players who came through our junior system.

POPEYE

Coach
betcats;10885366;33250 said:
Yeah it sure is. In a season or two the team should be mostly players who came through our junior system.

Doesn't matter who's junior system they come through, no club can keep everyone, the important thing is to keep players you introduce to the NRL . . . the same organisation that should reward you for doing so

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
POPEYE;10885415;34495 said:
Doesn't matter who's junior system they come through, no club can keep everyone, the important thing is to keep players you introduce to the NRL . . . the same organisation that should reward you for doing so

:iwstupid:

Kiwi

First Grade
I Bleed Maroon;10893239;36045 said:
Garbutt to Manly for free. Brisbane were desperate to get rid of him apparently.

yeah for free this year only though, it means we don't have to pay a cent after that, win win for both clubs. For Garbutt to play this year 4 or 5 of McGuire, Blair, Thaiday, Wallace, Joe O, Molo and probably Parker would have to be injured, which is highly unlikely. Manly get a free front rower this year, we get to terminate his contract freeing up cash for the likes of Joe O and Molo from next year I don't see a downside for either club.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Mike Cooper 2 more years with Dragons

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2015/...nds_drago.html
---------------------
Thu 21st May, 09:00AM A A

The St George Illawarra Dragons on Thursday announced that prop Mike Cooper has officially agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension that will see him remain at the Club until at least the end of 2017.

Cooper, 26, has played 32 NRL games for the Dragons since his arrival from English Super League team the Warrington Wolves ahead of the 2014 campaign and has played 154 first-grade games in total to date. The Latchford Albion junior was rewarded for his successful first season in the NRL when he was named in the England Lions Four Nations squad at the end of the 2014 season.

"It was a very easy decision for me to make in regards to extending my stay here with the Dragons,” said Cooper. ”I didn’t put too much pressure on myself when I first came out here, I just wanted to make the starting 17 and play NRL and things have gone from there. The players and the coaching staff are first class and I think everyone is getting the best out of me, my game is developing here and I just really want to be a part of the future here at the Dragons."

Dragons Director of Recruitment and Retention Peter Mulholland was happy to see the hard working forward extend his stay at the Club. “Mike is a quality person, he has adapted well and has really improved his game in the Dragons and NRL environment,” said Mulholland. “He is an enthusiastic and important part of our squad and everyone at the Club is happy to see him remain for at least a further two seasons."

Hutty1986

Immortal
nrlnrl;10893839;33454 said:
Mike Cooper 2 more years with Dragons

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2015/...nds_drago.html
---------------------
Thu 21st May, 09:00AM A A

The St George Illawarra Dragons on Thursday announced that prop Mike Cooper has officially agreed to terms on a two-year contract extension that will see him remain at the Club until at least the end of 2017.

Cooper, 26, has played 32 NRL games for the Dragons since his arrival from English Super League team the Warrington Wolves ahead of the 2014 campaign and has played 154 first-grade games in total to date. The Latchford Albion junior was rewarded for his successful first season in the NRL when he was named in the England Lions Four Nations squad at the end of the 2014 season.

"It was a very easy decision for me to make in regards to extending my stay here with the Dragons,” said Cooper. ”I didn’t put too much pressure on myself when I first came out here, I just wanted to make the starting 17 and play NRL and things have gone from there. The players and the coaching staff are first class and I think everyone is getting the best out of me, my game is developing here and I just really want to be a part of the future here at the Dragons."

Dragons Director of Recruitment and Retention Peter Mulholland was happy to see the hard working forward extend his stay at the Club. “Mike is a quality person, he has adapted well and has really improved his game in the Dragons and NRL environment,” said Mulholland. “He is an enthusiastic and important part of our squad and everyone at the Club is happy to see him remain for at least a further two seasons."

Fantastic news, Coops has got a big future.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Leeson Ah Mau extends with Dragons until end of 2018

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2015/05/22/ah_mau_re_signs_with.html

The St George Illawarra Dragons on Friday announced that prop Leeson Ah Mau has agreed to terms on a three-year contract extension that will see him remain at the Club until at least the end of 2018.
Ah Mau, 25, has played 59 first-grade games for the Club since his arrival from the North Queensland Cowboys in 2012 and has played 94 NRL games in total to date. The representative forward has represented his nation of heritage on eight occasions with his most recent appearance coming in the 18-16 win over Mate Ma’a Tonga in the Pacific Test held earlier this month.

“I am really happy to be able to continue representing the Club for at least another three years,” said Ah Mau. “It has been great learning under Head Coach Paul McGregor and all the other coaching staff and I am very thankful for the opportunity to remain here. "I intend to work hard to repay the faith that has been shown in me. We have a great squad and a really positive environment here at the Dragons and I am very happy to be able to stay.

Dragons Head of Recruitment and Retention Peter Mulholland was pleased the prop's decision to remain with the Club. “We were keen to see Leeson extend his stay and are pleased that we have been able to come to an arrangement that will see him remain at the Dragons at least until the end of 2018,” said Mulholland. “Leeson has established himself as a quality starting prop in his time at the Club and will be a key part of our squad make-up over the next few years”.