What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congrats on the title Cowboys

Hurriflatch

Referee
Based on the performance by all the refs, video refs and touchies last night I would like to congratulate the North Queensland Cowboys on winning the 2006 NRL Premiership

Azkatro

First Grade
Have a cry! Simpkins still blew his standard crowd penalties which were frustrating as heck, you blokes just didn't have the starch to get over the line.

Cletus

First Grade
I thought Parra played pretty well but I think you can thank Mckinnon for missing out on six points and gifting six points to the Cows. Don't forget, the Cowboys were getting hammered by Simpkins at the start of the first half.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Onan the barbarian said:
I thought Parra played pretty well but I think you can thank Mckinnon for missing out on six points and gifting six points to the Cows. Don't forget, the Cowboys were getting hammered by Simpkins at the start of the first half.

mate, at the start of the first half, the cows had about 5 or 6 sets at our line, what are you talking about?

salivor

First Grade
2513baby_crying2.jpg
http://www.broadwayworld.com/photos/2513baby_crying2.jpg

Iafeta

Referee
I thought if anything the Cowboys were hard done by throughout the night.

I was a bit miffed with Smith's sinbinning, seemed to be a bit of push and shove which was warranted considering what Robinson did. By some small miracle he wasn't sent off, rather sinbinned.

Secondly, if Simpkins was cracking down on fighting, clearly Stringer should have binned for his shot at Bowen.

As far as the Riddell no try, what right did Wade McKinnon have holding onto Matt Bowen? Clear no try. And by the way Riddell was carrying on, he too was lucky not to get binned.

Fair win, cop it on the chin and move on.

Stagger eel

Staff member
The Immortal Luke Covell said:
It means that you make stupid plays like McKinnons which leads to a Cowboys try and your fans blame the ref.

where have we said that..can you quote any parra fan..it was a freaking dumb play and we more than admit that.

A bit more than some calls. Looks at Hurriflatch's orginal post. I'm not saying eelavation is blaming the ref on the game (You're a good bloke). Hurri is in his orginal posts. (He's a good bloke too, just blaming the ref on this occasion)

Cletus

First Grade
The Cows were getting a lot of calls against them for holding down in the first half, some of them warrented some line ball. I didn't think Homer had a good game but sh*t happens. I didn't have any problem with the Riddell no try, stupid errors and an injury toll cost the Eels. I still thought the Eels played well though, just didn't finish it off.

Latest posts