What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Congratulations World Club Champions!

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Are all St George Dragon fans as arrogant as you are??

It was 21-15 idiot, and yes whilst you deserved to win, it was marginal and largely an even contest.

If it was in Australia during the NRL season then I am 100% positive that it would have still been an even game.

I take it you don't even watch Super League? No? Then shut up.

Congrats SGI, good luck in 2011.

I don't agree with GKD's point of view, but that would have been one of our worst performances in the last 6-8 months. We got the trophy, but the performance itself was nothing special.

Dragon Dave

Bench
We did enough to win, but were nowhere near our best.

I think if Wigan were to play us in September at Kogarah on a dry Sunday arvo it would be a different story.

In saying that, the game was in England and Wigan put up one hell of a fight... a great game of footy!

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
I don't agree with GKD's point of view, but that would have been one of our worst performances in the last 6-8 months. We got the trophy, but the performance itself was nothing special.
Wigan's performance was one of the worst they have put in for a while too. Their best player was Carmont, which says it all. People commenting on how well Wigan played clearly have NFI. They were poor by usual standards, their execution was off and their defence at times was dreadful

This Year?

Immortal
Comparing SL and NRL teams are like apples and oranges. It would be interesting to see both teams compete when they are both in form and with their best 17 though.

siamsam

Juniors
Both teams played well the game was very entertaining and well worth getting up for a perfect way to bring on the start to the season. Congrats SG.

Slackboy72

Coach
From www.dragons.com.au

00011863-image.jpg

Supporters Enjoying Opportunity Of A Lifetime

27/02/2011 12:00:00 PM

The St George Illawarra Dragons are excited by the thought of over 100 supporters cheering them on when they run out onto the field at DW Stadium for their Probiz World Club Challenge clash with the Wigan Warriors on Sunday.
The fans have joined the team on their travels as part of the official supporters and corporate tours led by former Dragon and all round character Graeme Wynn and Dragons Ambassador Wendell Sailor.
“They are all a good crew on board for this tour and everyone’s enjoying themselves so far,” said Wynn.
“People have travelled to support the Red V from all over Australia and it shows how keen they are for the Dragons.
“It’s just so fantastic seeing the amount of red-and-white on display.”
The tours have already been able to mix and mingle alongside their favourite Dragons players and wish them well ahead of the game.
The phrase “once in a lifetime opportunity” is almost the group motto with most of the party describing the experience as one that they just simply couldn’t afford to miss.
“This opportunity truly is once in a lifetime and I wouldn’t miss it,” said one proud Red V supporter.
“It’s just been great so far and I’ve made so many friends.”
Watch the full interview between Wendell and members of the supporters tour on the Dragons TV Bigpond player.
Deals Direct will be the Dragons exclusive digital partner during their overseas trip to the UK. For further information, visit the Deals Direct website.

Is that Ben Hornby in the middle of the picture?

Eion

First Grade
Pew pew.... might need a bigger trophy cabinet. Wonder if we could buy the Sharkies one. I know its second hand, but in new, unused condition...
Hahaha. Even when the dragons are winning you just can't get the sharkies out of your head, can you?

Well done dragons.

Let's put the magnifying glass away chaps.

A great game of Rugby League that everything.

Wide sweeping attacking plays, black slamming, bone crunching tackles, niggle (Wigan), and a kooky French ref that thought it was 1988.

Great day for rugby league and St.George Illawarra.

Viva la RL13!!

A great game of Rugby League that had everything you could want.

Wide sweeping attacking plays, black slamming, bone crunching tackles, niggle (Wigan), and a kooky French ref that thought it was 1988.

Viva la RL13!!

Excellent effort boys. They just plain get the job done. Whetted the appetite even further for Season 2011.

Fire Up Dragons, and best of luck to all 15 other clubs. I love my footy!!!!!!

CJG 182

Juniors

A great game of Rugby League that everything.

Viva la RL13!!

sw50sw8sw578.gif

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
The soccer pitch markings were less than 30 hours old, Man U v Wigan was on at 2am Sunday morning. Hardly much time to fully remove them.

Could've sworn the WCC logo was on the pitch though.

18to87

Coach
I did not expect Wigan to be that good. They played a really tough style. Was a fun game to watch!