What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contract situation for 2008 inc: Rumours and signings.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Can someone please save me the time of going through this thread and update me on Riddell's contract situation?

Thanks in advance.

Suity

Pig signed a further 2 year extension this year and his contract expires at the end of 2010..

I'm lead to believe but happy to be proven wrong.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
Pig signed a further 2 year extension this year and his contract expires at the end of 2010..

I'm lead to believe but happy to be proven wrong.

Thanks champ.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Did PJ Marsh end up extending or is his contract up in 2008 ?

nah mate, don't think so and I'd be shocked if we actually resign him beyond 08, with kids like Matt Keating and Anthony Mitchell coming through.

dazeely

First Grade
eelavation said:
nah mate, don't think so and I'd be shocked if we actually resign him beyond 08, with kids like Matt Keating and Anthony Mitchell coming through.

whilst PJ is an absolute must for 2008, from then on is a different story with the likes of the guys mentioned coming through.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
eela

Who's contract is up in 08?

Ben Smith, PJ, Chad , Hayne, Inu, Wagon and Finch.

as well as Hayne, Burt and Fui..

they would be the more high profile players.

dazeely

First Grade
imo

Short term resignings (1-2 yr MAX)
PJ (1yr)
Chad (1yr)
Ben Smith (2yr)
Burt (2yr)

Long term resignings (2-3 yr )
Hayne (3yr)
Inu (3yr)
Fui (3yr)
Finch (2yr)

Not worth resigning
Wagon (sorry)

Stagger eel

Staff member
tbh I'd be happy to let Wags, Chad and PJ go..but sh*t do we really need to think about 09 NOW???

The Colonel

Immortal
Wags will go to England after 2008. I can actually see him back here in a coaching role beyond that and think he'll make a great fist of that caper.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
why the hell would we let PJM go, he is one of our best players

KK is a 5/8 so how is this relevant ?

The Colonel

Immortal
Young centre who started the season as part of the Sharks fulltime squad but seemingly only played a few games in Premier League before playing Flegg. Son of Martin Raftery who is the Cronulla doctor and one time player during the seventies. Played against the Eels in the trial out at Parkes. Was touted for a shot into first grade at one stage but nothing came of it - injuries seemingly hampered his season.

MrT

Juniors
Thanks Colonal. Have you seen him play? Has he got potential.
We love those young injured Cronulla players, eg Latimore

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Twizzle said:

Twizzle, who would you rather keep? Inu or PJ?

We can't keep them all and by releasing PJ, Wagon would free up some much needed funds.

Also, Lowrie should not be re signed as well.

big boppa eel

Juniors
Twizzle said:

I agree the only one to give us a bit of speed around the play the ball which gives the roll on effect, if u take advantage of this u will win more games than u lose, in my opinion.

big boppa eel

Juniors
would rather brian said:
we are paying 50 grand fpr the guy so i would say his worth every cent. i think joe will be a quallity player with a big point to prove and at that price could well be the buy of the season. i think its a very positive move
Agreed.

Latest posts