What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk press conference tomorrow 10.30am sharp

Vic Mackey

Referee
I think it would be pretty poor form for a player to hold a press conference after round 4 and announce he is leaving at the end of the season. Remember the crap wing copped when he said he was going souffs? Usually the club just release a press statement.

I think he'll stay.

BunniesMan

Immortal
https://twitter.com/#!/RLW_Mole
The Mole ‏ @RLW_Mole MOLEY's tip - Cooper Cronk will LEAVE @MelbStormRLC tomorrow. Going to @sydneyroosters, @NRLKnights, @GCTitans or @NRL_Dragons.
Followed by this gem:
The Mole ‏ @RLW_Mole and a sneaky late bid from @SSFCRABBITOHS for cronk also on the cards...
and this:
The Mole ‏ @RLW_Mole @STGI_Bazzi Moley has been talking to people close to him... he feels Slater/Smith on far bigger $$$. And he missed out on cap rort!
It's down to 5. But the last tweet is meaningful. Looks like Cronk wasn't getting the dodgy money and now wants to get paid. Fair enough.
Maybe he's going to move to Blacktown to be GWS's only member to live in Sydney.
Don't get me wrong, I hate GWS. But they all live in Sydney. In the same resort/apartment place.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think it would be pretty poor form for a player to hold a press conference after round 4 and announce he is leaving at the end of the season. Remember the crap wing copped when he said he was going souffs? Usually the club just release a press statement.

I think he'll stay.
If Wayne Bennett could do it...maybe it's the new trend.

gronkathon

First Grade
I would not mind seeing Cronk land at the Dogs.

Especially if Wests could pick up dead eyes as he would really suit Benji and Robbie

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
He won't come to Saints.

Souffs have a strong connection for him.

MAybe he'll just stay in Melbourne. That would be my guess.

billy2

Juniors
If he were going to the Knights he wouldn't announce it days before playing them - he would hold off till next week.

Stagger Lee

Bench
I'm going to put in a second guess that he is going to the Titans...

The reason he is calling the press conference because he is now the owner of the titans as a guarantee since they couldn't pay his wage.

I know you are joking but he will NOT be going to the tits

"Gold Coast Titans chairman Paul Broughton has quit his post under the weight of the club's crippling debt crisis."

Hot news
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-28/cash-strapped-titans-lose-chairman/3917942?section=sport

Ozzy

First Grade
I don't care who it is as long as he doesn't say that.

Easts have signed a major player for next year already and are in the hunt for SBW. Knights have few forwards signed for 2013.
Do you know how muc room either club has under the cap? Besides clubs can make contracts that pay players more at different times in the contract. It can be tweeked. Again lol@you for thinking you know what a club can afford.

Grapple

Bench
Would it be possible for him to link up with JT at the Cowboys? Or have they spent too much on the Sims brothers and big Taumalolo, etc? Would be good incentive to have the Origin pairing playing together.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
i have inside goss that he'll either end up at the dragons, titans or souffs. but i've also been told not to rule out the knights, dogs, eagles, broncos, cowboys, raiders, panthers, eels, warriors, sharks or even tigers..

and the roosters are a smokey as it looks like SBW won't be coming so they have cash spare..

BunniesMan

Immortal
If he were going to the Knights he wouldn't announce it days before playing them - he would hold off till next week.
Very good point. When has anyone announced going to a club the day before playing that very same team.

IMO the order of the clubs from most to least likely goes like this:

Souths
Dragons
Easts
Titans
Knights
Storm

Very good theories for ruling out the bottom 3.

Latest posts