What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooper Cronk press conference tomorrow 10.30am sharp

Canard

Immortal
The Mole ‏ @RLW_Mole @STGI_Bazzi Moley has been talking to people close to him... he feels Slater/Smith on far bigger $$$. And he missed out on cap rort!
That one's got to be BS.

At the time that those players signed the contracts, Cronk was a good but not yet great player.

The big question is if Cronk does go to another club, will he be a victim of the "Bellamy Bubble", that is will his form drop off majorly like Adam Blair, Antonio Kaufusi, Brett Kimmorley etc. etc.

Evenflow

Bench
Have you seen the wording of the press release? "Cooper Cronk has requested of Melbourne Storm a press conference". It doesn't sound like Melbourne wanted or expected the press conference. It sounds like he's told them he's off.

If Melbourne didn't want to do a presser then they didn't have to have anything to do with it, especially if he's leaving. That would be more incumbent on himself and/or the club he signed with if that's the case as opposed to the Storm. I've absolutely no clue whether he'll stay or go but you sure as shit can't glean any info either way in a one sentence press release.

perverse

Referee
If Melbourne didn't want to do a presser then they didn't have to have anything to do with it, especially if he's leaving. That would be more incumbent on himself and/or the club he signed with if that's the case as opposed to the Storm. I've absolutely no clue whether he'll stay or go but you sure as shit can't glean any info either way in a one sentence press release.
Bunniesman spends so much time reading between the lines, that he forgets to read the lines.

Geohood

Bench
Maybe it's a press conference to announce that no decision has been made.. ala Noyce last year with Carney LOL

baldie

Juniors
if he leaves the storm it will be bad for rugby league. Imagine if the storm were not at the top of the ladder, they would get about 4k a game and we would lose all the leg work we have gained in Victoria.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
if he leaves the storm it will be bad for rugby league. Imagine if the storm were not at the top of the ladder, they would get about 4k a game and we would lose all the leg work we have gained in Victoria.

If the storm hadn't rorted the cap they would have a lot more respect than they do.

BunniesMan

Immortal
So the answer is to make sure they are top 4 every year for eternity?

They weren't too crash hot between 2000 and 2004 and managed to survive.

Or should we just make a league rule where they have to have a minimum of 3 top 10 players at all times.

Besides, they wouldn't collapse without Cronk. Of course they wouldn't be world beaters but I reckon Smith and Slater is enough to carry them to the 8.

Last edited:

baldie

Juniors
So the answer is to make sure they are top 4 every year for eternity?

They weren't too crash hot between 2000 and 2004 and managed to survive.

Or should we just make a league rule where they have to have a minimum of 3 top 10 players at all times.

Besides, they wouldn't collapse without Cronk. Of course they wouldn't be world beaters but I reckon Cronk and Slater is enough to carry them to the 8.

Not eternity just the next 20-30 years or so.

_Johnsy

Referee
He is going to Parra to play hooker and captain to form an awsome future spine with
1.Hoppa
6.Hayne
7.Sandow
9.Cronk (c)

A mate sent me a text this arvo, I think it's all BS however.

He reckons (all for 2013) cronk to parra, SBW to parra & Farrah not happy @ Tigers, not talking with Sheens & wants out, also talking with Eels.

3 handy buys (if true) for parra after their 2012 clean out. Personally I think maybe 1 of those 3 will eventuate. They'll have plenty of coin.

He will stay - can't see why his current club would allow a full press conference at the headquarters a day before the game............and press release is just a game to make it seem like he is going (hence more press are there)