What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Hughes

aenima1

Juniors
he and phelps both resigned at the same time last year both for 2 years as far as i can remember.

Jackal Dog

Juniors
Corey does do some good stuff once in awhile but for every penalty he milks, he gives away two....

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Paullyboy said:
For all the crap you guys give him I thought he was alright this week.

He must be the dirtiest player in the comp. I agree with Jackal Dog. Hughes just gives away too many penalties.

I get a sick feeling every time he makes a tackle - because there's usually a very good chance he's going to do something stupid.

Dogaholic

First Grade
bigdogsgottaeat said:
He must be the dirtiest player in the comp. I agree with Jackal Dog. Hughes just gives away too many penalties.

I get a sick feeling every time he makes a tackle - because there's usually a very good chance he's going to do something stupid.

Especially when it is on the 4th or 5th

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Both Folkes and Ryan need to take control of the little bugger.

The frustrating part is that he plays pretty well when he's got the ball, and he's quite strong in defense, but gee he's a pain in the arse when he gets into the ruck area.

Honestly if he took the dirty out of the game, I reckon he'd be a quality hooker.

Moffo

Referee
CHughes.jpg
CHughes.jpg
CHughes.jpg
CHughes.jpg
CHughes.jpg

Hughes also incorrectly seems to think he has a kicking game.

One 40/20 vs Penrith in 2004 blew out his ego - and ever since he's thought he's Andrew Johns.

His grubber kicks near the line on the 3rd tackle when nobody in the team are expecting them are particularly gruesome.

If he wasn't a Hughes - he wouldn't still be here - it's as simple as that.

fourplay

Juniors
When Hughes was younger coming through the grades he was a guenuine superstar its no fluke he got where he is..

Besides the penalties hes been playing some great footy.. as a dogs fan I like him more than Perry with his creative spark.

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
fourplay said:
When Hughes was younger coming through the grades he was a guenuine superstar its no fluke he got where he is..

Besides the penalties hes been playing some great footy.. as a dogs fan I like him more than Perry with his creative spark.

Definitely agree. The trouble is that the penalties come at the worst possible times - sometimes even in tackle 4 or 5. Its just unacceptable.

If he can clean up the game he'll be a great asset.

Dogaholic

First Grade
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Definitely agree. The trouble is that the penalties come at the worst possible times - sometimes even in tackle 4 or 5. Its just unacceptable.

If he can clean up the game he'll be a great asset.

Replace that with usually

Jackal Dog

Juniors
bigdogsgottaeat said:
Both Folkes and Ryan need to take control of the little bugger.

The frustrating part is that he plays pretty well when he's got the ball, and he's quite strong in defense, but gee he's a pain in the arse when he gets into the ruck area.

Honestly if he took the dirty out of the game, I reckon he'd be a quality hooker.

Nah I don't think so, he is too slow and has zero tackle breaking ability but he does have a good footy brain and does some intelligent things on the field but than does a 180' and does some incredibly stupid things. Anyway he looks to be getting on now (what is he 27-28?) I think we should be looking to the future.

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
Corey should piss of to Souths with his uncle. He offers very little in attack and gives away too many penalties. We need a quicker hooker.