What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - It's Official...

parra pete

Referee
Somehow I think you know exactly what I'm saying, so if you have nothing better to pick on then my grammar, then f**k off.

Do you mean than.....instead of then...:lol:

And no way would I pick on your grandma....after all, I am a grandpa....(Me be POP)..

strider

Post Whore
On Brizzy news he is considering staying with Broncos

so who says it? ... him, his manager, broncos staff? ... or just news reader?

i fear this has legs .... as soon as he played a big part in a good win for them last friday i expected this was gonna be the outcome ... time will tell

he is entitled to pull out, but damn he is gonna have egg on his face after what he said about not backing out when he signed ... but i guess the egg will go away

Pazza

First Grade
He has come out multiple times and stated he agreed to a contract and he intends to honor it!

You'd think we have taken these players hostage by the way the media carry on.

Kornstar

Coach
Meh, don't really care.....he's the one that looks like a moron, just like Papalii for saying how excited they are etc.

We have plenty of outside backs and Kelly may yet work out very well.......although he has talent and would contribute, I'd be more upset if it was a good forward pulling out!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As frustrating as it is, I think it's a good rule. I prefer players to stay loyal to their clubs, and it's shit when you have the situation where players are signed to another club while still having a year or more to run with their current club.

The solution for clubs not to get f**ked over is not to announce new signings until after the round 13/June 13 (whichever it is) deadline, and keep their options open.

There will be plenty of players still off contract on deadline day (just not many stars) and anyone who signs after that will be registered straight away.

If Norman doesn't come we still have other options, including blokes already contracted to the club (Kelly and Hopoate). That lets us spend our big bucks where it's needed more.

Given the nature of player development, there are a few youngsters currently playing in the NRL who are about to hit some massive form (happens every year). Hopefully a few of them are forwards and we can throw our huge salary cap space at a couple of them.

And then they can turn up here next year and play like busteds for 18 months.

jono

Juniors
Doesn't matter whether the club announces a signing or not , whilst the cooling off clause exists any manager wouldn't be doing the right thing by his client (and his own hip pocket) if he didn't keep upping the ante with the player's curent club until round 13.
If Corey Norman is as honourable as he first let us believe , his manage might well be negotiating with the Broncs but Norman might still stay true to his word.
I also fell he will be in the blue and gold next year

mickdo

Coach
Whether he is considering reneging or not, it makes a complete mockery of the signing process. The whole point of the June 30 deadline was to get rid of the media circus. If anything its made it worse.

Latest posts