What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - It's Official...

Gronk

Staff member
Broncos are nut a merkin club like the Raiders.

They might be dealing with the Norman issue well on the surface, but I suspect that it's only cos they either can't compete with the coin or he is not in their long term plans as a marquee player.

They are merkins historically. They punted King Wally. Played Hodges in reggies all year cos he signed for the Rorters. The list goes on and on.

blaza88z

Coach
They might be dealing with the Norman issue well on the surface, but I suspect that it's only cos they either can't compete with the coin or he is not in their long term plans as a marquee player.

They are merkins historically. They punted King Wally. Played Hodges in reggies all year cos he signed for the Rorters. The list goes on and on.

:lol:

I can assure you it's not a coin matter, if we were able to fork out the 600k or whatever was being reported for Dugan, the 400-500k for Norman wouldn't be a problem.

That was their merkin coach Bennett

Broncos aren't run as well as they once were, ask any player manager what they think of dealing with Andrew Gee.
Bruno had it running tightly but the reins have loosed a bit since he moved on.
Still thier coach is very professional and it shows in the way the players handle themselves in front of the media on and off the field.

Gronk

Staff member
Thanks mate :cool:

Broncos are the prime example to every other NRL club on how a club should be run on and off the pitch.

Wouldn't be nice to be a one town team and historically have a rubber salary cap.

#priceless

broncos2010

Juniors
Wouldn't be nice to be a one town team and historically have a rubber salary cap.

#priceless

If you really do believe broncos have a rubber salary cap you have issues :roll:

What does the one town team have to do with anything?

Every club has its own board and admin team does not matter if your one town team or 10 town team the club culture and success starts from off the field and then the success comes on the field that is how the broncos have been so successful ever since they have come in to the comp.

Are you happy with the way your club is run and its recruitment policy?

I am guessing not since the results have not been on the pitch for a very long time for you guys and it will take ricky at least 2-3 years to clear all the rubbish out and build this team up.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
If you really do believe broncos have a rubber salary cap you have issues :roll:

Every club has its own board and admin team does not matter if your one town team or 10 town team the club culture and success starts from off the field and then the success comes on the field that is how the broncos have been so successful ever since they have come in to the comp.

I am guessing not since the results have not been on the pitch for a very long time for you guys and it will take ricky at least 2-3 years to clear all the rubbish out and build this team up.

darren lockyer 250k per season.......

explain that one

Gronk

Staff member

Oh puleease. At one stage in the days of Langer & Co the Broncos made up 80% of the Kangaroo side. :roll:

BTW I did say historically. It does not appear that you are exploiting of late as you have only made the finals once in the past 3 years.

broncos2010

Juniors
Oh puleease. At one stage in the days of Langer & Co the Broncos made up 80% of the Kangaroo side. :roll:

BTW I did say historically. It does not appear that you are exploiting of late as you have only made the finals once in the past 3 years.

Just says how good the team was at that time as I was not even born at that time I can not really comment in to it that much I guess.

Regarding us making finals once in last 3 years that is still more then you guys in the last 3 years.

blaza88z

Coach

Listen mate, I know you're feeding the troll over there but what you are saying is offending me because I am passionate about the club I support.

Let me say this to you, yes we (brisbane) are going through a lean period but if a lean period consists of being competitive against the likes of Melbourne against all odds, I will take it every week of the year, the fact it took a large sum for Norman to be talked into leaving Brisbane says a lot more then most people will ever know, the whole "I am leaving because I can't play in that position for my club" is a whaling crock of shit. If it wasn't about money why did people have to look twice at the figures thrown around when it was announced he was going to Parramatta, it's not like it's a small upgrade, it's probably double what he is on now.

To be brutally honest, I don't want players at my club who aren't willing to take a backseat and bide their time until they get their opportunity and to be even more honest, this "superstar next Darren Lockyer" has had many opportunities to prove his worth in the 5/8 position but he never did much there at all. His best games have all been at fullback, a position where there isn't really a vacancy in your team.

Gronk

Staff member

Listen mate, I know you're feeding the troll over there but what you are saying is offending me because I am passionate about the club I support.

Let me say this to you, yes we (brisbane) are going through a lean period but if a lean period consists of being competitive against the likes of Melbourne against all odds, I will take it every week of the year, the fact it took a large sum for Norman to be talked into leaving Brisbane says a lot more then most people will ever know, the whole "I am leaving because I can't play in that position for my club" is a whaling crock of shit. If it wasn't about money why did people have to look twice at the figures thrown around when it was announced he was going to Parramatta, it's not like it's a small upgrade, it's probably double what he is on now.

To be brutally honest, I don't want players at my club who aren't willing to take a backseat and bide their time until they get their opportunity and to be even more honest, this "superstar next Darren Lockyer" has had many opportunities to prove his worth in the 5/8 position but he never did much there at all. His best games have all been at fullback, a position where there isn't really a vacancy in your team.

When you said you were offended, I thought you would defend my claim that you guys didn't have a cap in the Langer days - yet you left that alone. Point noted.

I don't really care about the Norman issue frankly. So I won't go there.

Craig Johnston

First Grade

being competitive with melbourne is the best silver lining you could come up with? :lol:

we beat melbourne and your mob back to back last season, i suppose that makes our wooden spoon a resounding success then, look forward to taking the spoon of us this year then bud

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Just says how good the team was at that time as I was not even born at that time I can not really comment in to it that much I guess.

Regarding us making finals once in last 3 years that is still more then you guys in the last 3 years.
So you weren't born in 98??? lol Figures i always thought you were a 13 yr old pimply faced geek.

Without the Brown paper bags from the thoroughbreds your club has come back to the pack big time. Also take out the Bennett factor and your club isn't the powerhouse it once was.

blaza88z

Coach
being competitive with melbourne is the best silver lining you could come up with? :lol:

we beat melbourne and your mob back to back last season, i suppose that makes our wooden spoon a resounding success then, look forward to taking the spoon of us this year then bud

Shame you couldn't beat them when it mattered the most. :lol:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Shame you couldn't beat them when it mattered the most. :lol:

There was no premiership handed out that year :lol:

So we were the only legal team in the competition to make the grand final. [side note: farcical of the NRL not to hand those premierships over to Parra and Manly - sure, other teams could've claimed they might have etc etc - but the way it happens in almost every other sport is that the cheat gets stripped and the runner up crowned. Hollow? yes, but it might stop the senile old fool (Rabs) from calling Slater a 3 time premiership winner]

Latest posts