What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - It's Official...

oldmancraigy

Coach
Worth noting that Wally Lewis had a massive 'scoop' on the Ben Barba situation....

He got that one completely wrong (with no sources) - possible he's made a mess of this one too?

Parraren

Bench
All I think Wally said was that the Broncos are still trying to make the kid change his mind which I'm sure they are. Hardly a scoop there.....

blaza88z

Coach
I said it before, this round 13 rule is only going to be used as a bargaining tool for players, what's stopping a guy from signing with a club for a substantially better ammount of money and coming out and saying "I promise to be there for you guys next season blah blah blah", then weeks later his original club offers him better money which is what he wanted in the first place.

it's a win/win for the player, leave for more or stay for more, however you look at it.. the guy is going to be getting a much bigger pay and he couldn't give a f**k what people are saying about egg being on his face at the end of the day, I don't expect this to be the last time a player renegs in this sort of situation

Gronk

Staff member
FMD this Rnd 13 stuff is shitting me. Just make it open slather. No restraint of trade. Just let players sign their employment contracts when they like and make it binding.

If Loko signs for Manly commencing in 2016, then there is f**k all we can do about it. It's up to us to keep him happy. That's what happens in the real world.

Last edited:

Craig Johnston

First Grade
FMD this Rnd 13 stuff is shitting me. Just make it open slather. No restraint of trade. Just let players sign their employment contracts when they like and make it binding.

If Loko signs for Manly commencing in 2016, then there is f**k all we can do about it. It's up to us to keep him happy. That's what happens in the real world.

actually there is, we could mutually agree with brisbane to endorse them to resign norman and then free up money to upgrade loko if money was the issue.

the round 13 is a bitch for us right now, but if we were doing well and needing to protect our own players, we wouldn't have a problem with it.

Gronk

Staff member
actually there is, we could mutually agree with brisbane to endorse them to resign norman and then free up money to upgrade loko if money was the issue.

the round 13 is a bitch for us right now, but if we were doing well and needing to protect our own players, we wouldn't have a problem with it.

Then we need a draft to help the shit teams (like us) sign decent players.

natheel

Coach

Is that just an example? Or have I missed something in regards to Loko? I'm in USA and missing info

I'm hearing that the post at the broncos forum re:norman doing a backflip was posted by a parra fan just for a bit of fun who only just joined the site. Made ch9 news Brisbane lol. So shows how many media outlets read internet forums and pass it off as news lol.

mickdo

Coach
I'm hearing that the post at the broncos forum re:norman doing a backflip was posted by a parra fan just for a bit of fun who only just joined the site. Made ch9 news Brisbane lol. So shows how many media outlets read internet forums and pass it off as news lol.

The media are lazy pricks these days. Can't be arsed putting in the hard yards that journos used to do in eras gone by, and now just make shit up and don't bother with multiple sources or confirmation of anything. No wonder newspapers and TV are dying.

Utey

Coach
Excellent, I'm looking forward to seeing him in Eels colours. A good signing.

There's a lot to like about our recruitment (with the exception of Cross) and it's quite similar to AC Milan.

Avenger

Immortal
Brisbane are a professional organisation. I cannot see them messing with the kids head after both made their respective decisions.

Craig Johnston

First Grade
i'm still skeptical about how griffin replied.

he also said they don't have any targets and won't until they do a strategic review which could include looking into their own roster (ie norman).

what the f**k are they waiting for then?

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/rug...g-broncos-despite-rumours-20130411-2hn92.html

Norman still leaving Broncos despite rumours

Date
April 11, 2013 - 1:23PM

Phil Lutton
brisbanetimes.com.au sports editor

There will be no backflip from Corey Norman, according to Broncos coach Anthony Griffin, who has poured ice water on rumours the fullback may stay at Red Hill after all.

Norman, 22, has signed a lucrative three-year deal with Parramatta and will leave the Broncos at the end of the season, having been involved with the Brisbane club since he was 16.

His decision has sparked a surge in form that has helped Brisbane put a spring in their step ahead of Friday night's derby against the Cowboys at Suncorp Stadium.

Winning changes everything and it didn't take long for rumours to surface that Norman was rethinking his move to the west of Sydney, with Nine suggesting on Wednesday night that the playmaker was getting cold feet.

It's not without precedent this season. Canberra's Josh Papalii backed out after signing a three-year deal with the Eels, leaving Parramatta fuming.

Griffin said Norman wouldn't be following suit and the Broncos had already started planning life beyond Norman, who prefers playing five-eighth but is behind 2013 signing Scott Prince in the pecking order.

"No. We've moved on. As you know, there was a rumour. You blokes are always writing something about us but it certainly hasn't come from us," Griffin said.

"He's made his decision. We respect that and we've moved on from that, as he has. The important thing for him is he plays good football, which he's doing at the moment.

"He has been one of our best. That's what we expect from him. We just need to keep doing that this week."

Norman's silky touch in the backline has come at a good time for Brisbane, given the quality of opponents they have had to deal with of late and the challenge ahead of them on Friday.

It's also made Broncos fans realise what they will be missing. Norman has been a slow burner at Red Hill but is finally showing the class that many at the club believed he possessed.

And while Griffin has snuffed out any hope of Norman staying, there was some good news at Red Hill, with captain Sam Thaiday becoming a first-time father two days before the Queensland derby.

Thaiday and wife Rachel welcomed a baby girl early on Wednesday night, but the player will still line up against the Cowboys after training in the final preparation on Thursday morning.

The name is yet to be revealed.

"He hasn't even got a name for her yet," Griffin said. "He might be holding out for a Woman's Day deal."

Latest posts