What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corey Norman - It's Official...

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I know. I posted the other day that he would be a good signing just so we had one big half defending in the line.

My point was that Hayne plays fullback for us despite being in our top two halves. Therefore Corey Norman playing fullback for the Broncos doesn't mean he's not in their top two halves.

Every time I have to spell shit out for you people it makes us all a little dumber. And that makes me sad.

what exactly did you spell ?

blaza88z

Coach
I'm assuming he'll be injured most of the season (yet again).

And has Hodges been better than Norman so far this year?

All of our tries against Manly were setup by Hodges and against St George he was having a blinder of a game until he went down with a strain

Norman is yet to change a game like Hodges can do, he hasn't saved any tries with his defense, he hasn't left me on the edge of my set in awe of "how did he do that!", all I have seen him do is chime in with a cutout pass in the sweeping fullback play that we use (just like the other 15 teams do)

Hodges is our best player, even the most hateful Bronco fan could tell you that

Maroubra Eel

Coach
All of our tries against Manly were setup by Hodges and against St George he was having a blinder of a game until he went down with a strain

Norman is yet to change a game like Hodges can do, he hasn't saved any tries with his defense, he hasn't left me on the edge of my set in awe of "how did he do that!", all I have seen him do is chime in with a cutout pass in the sweeping fullback play that we use (just like the other 15 teams do)

14 teams, we don't do this sweeping fullback play you speak of. We stopped it from 2011.

Pazza

First Grade
Norman has a pretty straight forward role at parramatta and that's to control the left edge. He isn't a primary playmaker like Sandow and Hayne, all the jaw dropping wow moments will come from Hayne, Sandow and hoppa! Norman just needs to defend well, support runners like Reni and Loko, supply Loko with early ball because Loko can create his own gaps with his size and strength, offer an extra kicking option to Sandow And run the footy with vigor.

No one is looking to him to be the go to man in attack, he is just another option outside of what we already have.

Chipmunk

Coach
Norman has a pretty straight forward role at parramatta and that's to control the left edge. He isn't a primary playmaker like Sandow and Hayne, all the jaw dropping wow moments will come from Hayne, Sandow and hoppa! Norman just needs to defend well, support runners like Reni and Loko, supply Loko with early ball because Loko can create his own gaps with his size and strength, offer an extra kicking option to Sandow And run the footy with vigor.

No one is looking to him to be the go to man in attack, he is just another option outside of what we already have.

An exact role that Luke Kelly can probably fulfill, at half the cost.

eels_fan

First Grade
Can u get over Luke Kelly FFS!!

What has he done for us so far? He has potential & by all accounts we will keep him on board as well.

We can't just have one player who can cover 5/8th adequately

oldmancraigy

Coach

And surely only a moron would argue that Norman is a better footballer than Hodges?

But a massive 4 games into the season (2 of which Hodges has not played) I don't think it's unfair to state that Norman has been the Broncos best attacking weapon THIS YEAR?

jono

Juniors
Watching Wade Graham tonight when he had to fill in at pivot , I think I got a glimpse of the sort of game that Corey Norman will bring to the eels

blaza88z

Coach
And surely only a moron would argue that Norman is a better footballer than Hodges?

But a massive 4 games into the season (2 of which Hodges has not played) I don't think it's unfair to state that Norman has been the Broncos best attacking weapon THIS YEAR?

Hodges has more try-assists then Norman does in those 2 games, speaks for itself really

Look, I know you're trying to talk him up and on the same note I am trying to talk to him down but I have ALWAYS had the opinion he was never all that he was piped up to be, all those "the next Darren Lockyer" remarks, well that was going to be thrown at whatever junior stepped into the 5/8 position after Lockyer retired

he made an impact in 1 game, that was his debut

let me put it to you this way, if he's our BEST attacking weapon as you so boldly put it, then it speaks lengths for our attack, we're one of the most boring teams in the comp, last night we racked up a few tries but they were down Duffie's side of the field (5 I think), says more about his defence then our attack

I wish you luck with your prized recruit but irrational claims that he is the best attacking player in the Broncos team are a bit far-fetched

blaza88z

Coach
I just checked last night stats, Norman had 2 try-assists, making him level with Hodges but the point remains the same

Latest posts